• New challenge proposal: Write a post-covid summer song!
  • Started by Mar T.
  • Mar T.
  • Senior Site Administrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • Pay it forward! (watch that movie..)

• Yesterday at 23:57:24
    • Duiven
  • more
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 02:31:30 by Mar T. »
Hi all,

I'd like to propose a new challenge. Now the world is getting control over Corona, how nice would it be to write a song about a post-covid summer?

It's been a while since we organized a challenge here. The last one didn't finish the way it should have because of our dear beloved friend @Dutchbeat passed away unexpectedly.
I'd love to see the challenges return to the kitchen every 2 months.. But let's see first: who's in?

@LePlongeur , @Mo, @Mark Luto , @Rachel_D , @DanJames , @Pleudoniem , @MrBouzouki , @Cool Hand , @alicemaymusic , @Jambrains , @Zedd, @Katze Konigsberg , @robertkc , @MichaelA , @Leonard Scaper , @Bill from November Sound , @budhabuilding  spread the word please!

Let us know! And please reply to this request tagging in more members who could be interested, so people get notified there's a new kitchen challenge starting up!

I'd be happy to host this challenge.
The challenge will start July 15th 2021. The more challengers the better!!

Love, Peace and Cheers!
Mar T.
:mart:
I'm proud of this track, check it out! https://soundcloud.com/martimedia/dreams

• Mar T.
  • Michelin Starred Chef

• Duiven
  • more
Little bump.. Maybe you like another assignment, or didn't I tag in the kitcheners with challenge spirits? Feel free to tag some kitcheners in your replies below who'd probably want to join!!

• LePlongeur
  • Executive Chef
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Today at 13:10:22
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Yes, @Mar T. I feel mentally challenged all over the place. And no matter what the topic may be (the post corona summer is about to begin), Iím all for giving it a try.

Travelling for a very short period, but travelling nonetheless, I can only dream up a text. The rest will follow later. Later as in 4 or 6ish of July.

If you can live with that? What about you:
who's next?

@Mo, @Mark Luto , @Rachel_D , @DanJames , @Pleudoniem , @MrBouzouki , @Cool Hand , @alicemaymusic , @Jambrains , @Zedd, @Katze Konigsberg , @robertkc , @MichaelA , @Leonard Scaper , @Bill from November Sound , @budhabuilding  spread the word please!

Give us hope please,

KInd regards, Gus

• Bill
  • Executive Chef
  • I miss Dutchbeat.

• Today at 16:13:56
    • New England
  • more
I don't think I can do this one. I'm not particularly inspired by anything Covid - related at present.  :(

@Bill proposed to have a look at the challenge section. Sure I'm ready for the challenge add me to the list and let me know the details
Regards
Klaus

• Mar T.
  • Michelin Starred Chef

• Duiven
  • more
Ok we have two challengers, @Krysoe and @LePlongeur !! Maybe the assignment wasn't the right one, we need at least 5 challengers to call this a challenge. Anyone with other proposals for a nice assignment?

• Mar T.
  • Michelin Starred Chef

• Duiven
  • more
Oh dear, normally we start the challenges with an assignment and a minimum of 5 contestants..
And I saw @LePlongeur already started creating, when we were in the process of starting up the challenge (was not started yet).
But I also saw a comment from @Mr.Invisible that he wants to cover LePlongeur's song.
We also welcomed @Krysoe as a challenger. But that's it.. 
Shall we leave the 'challenge' for what it is and just await two beautiful post covid summer songs soon?

In onther words: what do we do now? Please reply below..

• LePlongeur
  • Executive Chef

• Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Hi everybody
Hope this finds you well!

Itís like this:
I read about this challenge. And also, I read about getting started the 1st of July. Then I went travelling and wrote reply #2, with a time table of getting things done between the 4th and 6th of July.
Wrote the lyrics (not sure) on the 4th, and the first melody the 5th but I wasnít satisfied with that one, so I wrote another the 6th. Yesterday evening.

Which I will be uploading in a couple of hours.
And all this, hoping to attract more kitcheners by starting the activity.

If there are not enough Kitcheners to OK a challenge, too bad.
My song will show that at least I tried to stir up some activity. Maybe a sort of prompt writing aside of the usual prompt writing thread!

Maybe some kitcheners will take my lyrics as a way to promote a hedonistic life style. While in fact I see it as a social comment. I think that this summer will go down in history as the summer when young people partied non-stop as a reaction to the whole unhinging lock down period.

Weíll see if my ideas will in fact turn out this way. And weíll see how this challenge will develop.
I hope youíre OK with this?
Kind regards, Gus

• LePlongeur
  • Executive Chef

• Greater Amsterdam
  • more
@Mar T.
Hoi Hoi!
May I ask you please, to clarify what is going on challenge-wise to @Max66 ?

I liked the post COVID bit a lot, but if it's to be about a different subject, that's OK with me of course!

@Max66
Hoi Hoi Max
Please use the referral/mention system. Otherwise it is more or less coincidence if someone reads your post! Thank you!

Kind regards, Gus

• Mo
  • Chef de Partie

• Yesterday at 13:29:00
  • more
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 00:59:33 by Mo »
Ii'm afraid if no one wants to put on that hat to play the 'showmaster' and stir up a bit of fun and build a little show arround, it just becomes a lame show. Nobody knows exactly what's going on and where it's going, nor what the goal actually is and what gets in exchange for any efforts. Our showman Dutchbeat is no longer here, so who will do it with heart as he would do?

I've been tagged and yes I could imagine doing a song for this challenge ( you know I would like :) )  but it would hurt me a lot if I'd suffer like @Vince did last time. That's why I'm holding back.
I'm sorry that in German fashion I seem to be rude and call a spade a spade.

@Mar T.
@LePlongeur
@MrBouzouki
@oorlab
@Bill
@allKitchenStaff

• Mar T.
  • Michelin Starred Chef

• Duiven
  • more
Re: New challenge proposal: Write a post-covid summer song!
Reply #10 on: July 09, 2021, 02:05:02
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 02:16:41 by Mar T. »
Hey everybody, I started this thread because I wanted to (finally) host a new kitchen challenge. Challenges have been the heartbeat of the kitchen since I joined. Because of the unexpected passing away of our dear Dutchbeat (one of my best friends), last challenge wasn't finished correctly. I cannot fix that. That's what life does.

With this initiative I try to re-ignite this kitchen heartbeat. So I'm the showmaster here. And I've ran a lot of challenges. I'm trying to find at least 5 members/teams who are interested in joining the challenge and I sketched an idea of a possible assignment.

Normally when I host a challenge I first collect interested potential participants. So far we have @LePlongeur , @Max66, @Mr.Invisible, @Krysoe and maybe @Mo .

I also tagged @Mark Luto , @Rachel_D , @DanJames , @Pleudoniem , @MrBouzouki , @Cool Hand , @alicemaymusic , @Jambrains , @Zedd, @Katze Konigsberg , @robertkc , @MichaelA , @Leonard Scaper , @Bill from November Sound , @budhabuilding (and obviously I did forget some kitcheners) because they joined in the past.

When we have enough challengers the process continues:
-I try to discuss what we want the assignment to be exactly (together).
-I create a challenge start post with the exact assignment and due date. And in the end we start a voting poll to decide the winner of the challenge (and of course that's just for fun and based upon opinions, joining a challenge makes you a winner anyway).

In the challenges board ( https://www.songwriter-forum-kitchen.com/forum/challenges/18/ ) are enough examples of past challenges. I hope that, with the information from this post, we all understand the pace and process of starting a challenge.

So first we need 5 members/teams to join.. then we'll decide on the assignment together.
Please reply below when you want to join (alone or with a team)..
And again, if we have at least 5 participants (alone or with a team) I'd be happy to host this challenge.. I started with that offer..
Cheers, Mar T.

• Mo
  • Chef de Partie

• Yesterday at 13:29:00
  • more
Reply #11 on: July 09, 2021, 10:43:55
Count me in for the covid summer thing then :)

• Mar T.
  • Michelin Starred Chef

• Duiven
  • more
Reply #12 on: July 09, 2021, 17:22:36
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 17:27:49 by Mar T. »
Cool! So far we have @LePlongeur , @Max66, @Mr.Invisible, @Krysoe and @Mo ! That's 5 challengers if you all join individually. Is this the case?

For all the other kitcheners who didn't join yet: this challenge is going to be started, you can still join by replying here below.

As for the assignment my proposal would be as simple as: 'Write a post-covid summer song!' . It has to be a new song (written for this challenge, not 5 ys ago ;-) ). That gives the writers a clue but not too many rules.
I'd say let's start when we agree on this simple assignment (eg let's say July 15th, to give kitcheners who still want to join the opportunity to join) and end the challenge end of August, or when all entries are posted. So do we agree on this assignment?

Cheers, Love and Peace,
Mar T.

• LePlongeur
  • Executive Chef

• Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #13 on: July 09, 2021, 20:06:28
Thatís fine @Mar T.
I may have been instrumental (smiley) where the slightly chaotic start is concerned. I am sorry for that!
But I am not sorry about my sort of quasi, almost legal entry, that came about a bit early.
If you are OK with that idea and that I didnít jump the queue on purpose, then everything will be fine in paradise.

I wish every Kitchener/kitchenerin all the best and lots of luck.
Thank you @Mar T. !
Kind regards, Gus

Reply #14 on: July 10, 2021, 09:36:15
Hey @Mar T. , thanks for tagging me and for your inspiring words. I love a good Kitchen Challenge, but haven't played a note since Christmas and am unlikely to resume songwriting anytime soon. I'll pass on this one and hope to get involved later in the year. Good luck to all contestants! Dan

xx
The write a post-covid summer song challenge STARTING thread

Started by Mar T. on Challenges

6 Replies
Last post July 23, 2021, 13:28:08
by Cool Hand
xx
Red to green - (WIP) Post Covid challenge

Started by oorlab on Songs for review

6 Replies
Last post July 24, 2021, 10:18:11
by Mo