• New Kitchen 'lyrics' Challenge - VOTE to select the lyrics for this challenge!
  • Started by Dutchbeat
  • MichaelA
  • Chef de Partie
  • Songwriting Addict

• January 15, 2019, 00:07:52
    • Somewhere near Liverpool, UK
    • HTTPS//:soundcloud.com/Michael-a-duffy
  • more
Wow, fantastic, already two innocent volunteers have stepped forward, thanks @Dutchbeat and @LePlongeur. BUt Gus, I do hope you sing 'I love you' with FEELING, darling! But the trouble is about being first out, well it reminds me of extras in films - 'Saving Private Ryan', for example, where the first ones off the boat get literally slaughtered. So do be careful, if you would really like to be stars of the show!  ;D

Also thanks @Vince and @Mar T. for adding congrats, and yes M I am really looking forward to seeing what people will come up with!  ::thumb::
If you like novels with a musical theme, why not try 'Sixth Beatle - When Music Changed The World', easily found on Amazon and Google. It is amazing, although as the author I may be biased!

• Dakoda
  • Poissonier
  • full of 80s angst

• Today at 09:01:00
    • London
    • https://soundcloud.com/dakoda-sada
  • more
Wow, fantastic, already two innocent volunteers have stepped forward, thanks @Dutchbeat and @LePlongeur.

So @MichaelA , can I take you back to a time during the final hours before the deadline of the last cover challenge.
Seems a distant memory now, but you might remember I was feeling the pressure of having taken on the gargantuan task
of covering  a @Leonard Scaper track and your preferred method of support was some gentle ribbing and a  ratcheting
up the pressure!   :D . I replied by saying I'd get you back someday by crucifying one of your songs....   :P well well well..
who knew , I'd  have to wait so little time for the opportunity to butcher one of yours , ha!  ;D
ye' can count me in for the "Two hearts in the snow" challenge, It's not going to be Synthpop this time round,
instead , I'll be going for an all out bald headed balls to the wall EDM track....  :dance:
I'm sure that's in keeping with what you envisioned when you were writing the lyrics, karma tells me so!  ::thumb::
Dakoda

I prefer poisoner to fish chef...

@Dakoda , @MichaelA   :) 

Ha, Ha, Ha!

:lol:
Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

November Sound is based on the Mother, Father & Son musical trio of Melissa, Bill & Will. I'm the father so anything I post will have my wife singing and/or my son playing percussion.

• LePlongeur
  • Chef de Partie
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Today at 10:04:28
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 06:26:42 by LePlongeur »
I'm not afraid to be musically slaughtered.
I'm a writer with a beautiful future behind me. Makes me fearless.
And of course @MichaelA I've tried to lay as much emotion in it as is Cyborgly possible.
Exactly why I am so curious.
Kind regards, Gus

• MichaelA
  • Chef de Partie
  • Songwriting Addict

• more
Hey thanks @Dakoda, I am glad you are in. But I don't remember that day. I do remember saying what a great bloke you were and fantastic songwriter that would smash that last challenge. I think I might have even called you a genius. ...you need to cut out all that alcohol, as it's obviously affecting your memory!  ;D

But all the best with these lyrics...and butchered or not it will be great to hear what you come up with!

Good luck also Gus @LePlongeur , I am sure you won't be slaughtered. But @Dutchbeat or @Mar T. , or any Mod, if Gus is posting soon are the submissions going in here, or are you starting a new thread? Thanks!

• Dakoda
  • Poissonier
  • full of 80s angst

• Today at 09:01:00
    • London
    • https://soundcloud.com/dakoda-sada
  • more
Hey thanks @Dakoda, I am glad you are in.
...you need to cut out all that alcohol, as it's obviously affecting your memory!  ;D

Yeah It definitely effects the memory, the more I drink the more I remember  :)
  But seriously, as you never got to make something out of this lyric yet yourself, I'm assuming
  your in as well.... ? :thumbsup:
 Dakoda.

• LePlongeur
  • Chef de Partie

• Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Hey thanks @Dakoda, I am glad you are in. But I don't remember that day. I do remember saying what a great bloke you were and fantastic songwriter that would smash that last challenge. I think I might have even called you a genius. ...you need to cut out all that alcohol, as it's obviously affecting your memory!  ;D

But all the best with these lyrics...and butchered or not it will be great to hear what you come up with!

Good luck also Gus @LePlongeur , I am sure you won't be slaughtered. But @Dutchbeat or @Mar T. , or any Mod, if Gus is posting soon are the submissions going in here, or are you starting a new thread? Thanks!

I take it that my post will be in songs review thingy.
Comme líhabitude, but I waited for the powers that be to get consensus on a difficult decision like this.
Posting can easily wait untill the usual donations have paved the way.
Iím in no hurry.
Kind that youíve thought about it though, thanks @MichaelA !
Kind regards, Gus

• Layerson
  • Patissier
  • Karma Hunter

• Today at 08:32:13
    • Sweden
  • more
Iím in, wouldnít pass on the opportunity to enter this challenge with such great lyrics at hand... :dance:  :thumbsup:

::Rachel::
Layerson (a.k.a. Mikael Lagersson)

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• Today at 09:20:44
  • more
ok guys  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D @LePlongeur @Layerson @Dakoda @MichaelA

i will try to organ ise this  :blackgrin: :blackgrin: :blackgrin: .....but...placing a song for this challenge in which you used the lyrics from MichaelA called:

"Two Hearts in the Snow""

in a new thread in the "songs for review" board is always ok @LePlongeur  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: as always...you are fast!

perhaps we can all add "(same lyrics-challenge)" in the heading of these seperate threads of our songs for this challenge? 

and so far, the following brave kitchen songwriters accepted the challenge..

@LePlongeur
@Layerson
@Dakoda
@Dutchbeat
and also @Ricita

and based on earlier experiences....i expect
@Leonard Scaper and many others
to sign in too  ;D ;D ;D ;D :pompom: :pompom: 

as for a deadline for entering your songs...... i propose .....november 2th?
is that ok? one month?

and...these are the lyrics from @MichaelA for the challenge:

Two Hearts in the Snow

When I looked out of my winter window
A shroud of snow covered the ground
And did I dream a robin by my winter window
Sang you were back in town?
Twelve months now, since you went away
Feel it like yesterday

I love you
Iíll write it in the snow
And draw a big heart around it
Just so youíll know

So I walked out into the frozen landscape
To the fields where weíd once go
Where Iíd etch those words and carve my snowy heart shape
If you passed by, Iím sure youíd know
Iíd seize back time thatís slipped away
Oh if I could, this day

I love you
Iíll write it in the snow
And draw a big heart around it
Just so youíll know

Break:
The snow was falling
Felt like calling
To Heaven with a prayer
But turning around
I was spellbound
You were kneeling there
Engraving in the Christmas snow
Ah, just to let me know

I love you
You wrote it in the snow
And drew a big heart around it
Just so Iíd know

I love you
I wrote it in the snow
And drew a big heart around it
Just so youíd know

Two hearts in the snow
Two hearts in the snow
me, myself, and Pie

• MichaelA
  • Chef de Partie
  • Songwriting Addict

• more
Thanks for organising this @Dutchbeat. It might be an idea for you to edit the thread titile to mention 'Join Here' or something, as this still looks like the voting thread right now. Cheers!  ;D

And yes @Dakoda , I will try a tune to this too. I have tried unsuccessfully in the past, but the lyrics are a couple of years old now, so maybe I will do better revisiting them afresh after a long break.  :P

So I am in. Any more takers?

I'm in!
or we're in ... you know I don't sing ....

@MichaelA    ... you're just gonna have to help me out with the licensing ... this is going to be on our  Christmas Album .... or Christmas Single ... or something.   :D  :yes:  If it goes big - Melissa and I will buy you a new guitar or whatever!!!!  :D 

• MichaelA
  • Chef de Partie
  • Songwriting Addict

• more
I do think this lyric set is a good fit for a November Sound treatment @Bill from November Sound , and if you are in I'm certain you will produce something special.  If if does go big...well I will have passed out with shock, so you probably don't have to worry about that gift!  ;D

• Mark Luto
  • Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
  • Enthusiastic Dilettante

• Yesterday at 11:39:51
    • Zurich, Switzerland
    • https://www.facebook.com/MarkLutoMusic/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2oOby1sRdVp60eBi8msivQ https://soundcloud.com/markluto
  • more
I started a new thread in order to make this challengea little more structured... :)

https://www.songwriter-forum-kitchen.com/forum/challenges/18/same-lyrics-challenge/4811/

• LePlongeur
  • Chef de Partie

• Greater Amsterdam
  • more
I started a new thread in order to make this challengea little more structured... :)

https://www.songwriter-forum-kitchen.com/forum/challenges/18/same-lyrics-challenge/4811/

Thank you!!!
Kind regards, Gus

xx
Two hearts in the snow - Michael A lyrics - Same lyrics Challenge

Started by oorlab on Songs for review

4 Replies
Last post November 07, 2018, 00:35:10
by eric craptone
xx
Same Lyrics Challenge

Started by Mark Luto on Challenges

66 Replies