• Chef de Partie
  • Songwriting Addict

• March 06, 2019, 13:28:43
    • Somewhere near Liverpool, UK
    • HTTPS//:soundcloud.com/Michael-a-duffy
  • more
Re: Same Lyrics Challenge
Reply #30 on: October 19, 2018, 23:53:38
Yes @DanJames , that is not great. Over the past few months I have spoken to a couple of female members who just are not into songs being 'competitive' in the community they otherwise enjoy. Maybe bloke songwriters are more competitive, or don't mind being so with their songs.

But I do know some extremely competitive women in my RL, so yeah, it's a mystery overall.  Any female Kitchener insight would be welcome!
If you like novels with a musical theme, why not try 'Sixth Beatle - When Music Changed The World', easily found on Amazon and Google. It is amazing, although as the author I may be biased!

• MrBouzouki
  • Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
  • "Let the Creators Create" :-)

• March 19, 2019, 10:17:26
    • Sheffield, UK
    • https://www.facebook.com/Mr.Bouzouki.Music/ https://www.youtube.com/user/MisterBouzouki https://soundcloud.com/mrbouzouki
  • more
Reply #31 on: October 22, 2018, 15:27:58
Back off holiday with the whole family yesterday afternoon (inc. both grown-up lads) from Malta and the muse has kicked in regarding this challenge. I've been cooking up an orchestral idea this morning that appeared after I complimented @MichaelA on keeping it simple. 
I thought why not try a lush orchestral version with some basic bass and drums supporting  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Anyway, I can't promise anything, you know what speed I work at, but something may be cooking in my Albion cooking pot.

::OSMAN:: ::OSMAN:: ::OSMAN::
"Love and Life is all about connections"

Reply #32 on: October 28, 2018, 17:19:57
Uh. November 2nd, really? C'mon isn't this more of a Christmas song? I'm still decorating for Halloween.
Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

November Sound is based on the Mother, Father & Son musical trio of Melissa, Bill & Will. I'm the father so anything I post will have my wife singing and/or my son playing percussion.

• Layerson
  • Poissonier
  • Karma Hunter

• Yesterday at 20:17:31
    • Sweden
  • more
Reply #33 on: October 29, 2018, 10:00:48
@Mark Luto ... I think you unintentionally left me out in the list of entries... that's okay, altough I do recall I'd announced I would take part in the challenge.  ;D

I'm working on an entry, and it's nearly finished.

I'll have it ready by friday or sometime before that...

::Rachel::
Layerson (a.k.a. Mikael Lagersson)

Reply #34 on: October 29, 2018, 16:04:29
I hope we get a Christmas challenge, too. That would be fun, and I would definitely knock all of your socks off with my entry!  :o
Hey, it's cheaper than therapy.

Reply #35 on: October 30, 2018, 19:02:13
Hey @Mark Luto    Can it be due Friday 8 P.M. my time? I mean my today is already your yesterday :)

I really think I can do it by my Friday 8:00.

Reply #36 on: October 30, 2018, 23:43:59
@Mar T. , @Dutchbeat , @Mark Luto , @MichaelA  ....  can I please have until 8:00 P.M. my time Friday?  Seriously, you all are six hours ahead of me and I'm working hard on this!

• Layerson
  • Poissonier
  • Karma Hunter

• Yesterday at 20:17:31
    • Sweden
  • more
Reply #37 on: October 30, 2018, 23:48:09
Well, I have entered the challenge @Mark Luto  ::)

(Iíd very much like it to be put in the list of entries too.  ;))

On a side note: I donít try to think of these challenges as competitions, more as a nice goal to have and also that itís fun to go out of ones comfort zone once in a while. It would be nice if more people would be interested though.  ::Note::

::Rachel::

• MichaelA
  • Chef de Partie
  • Songwriting Addict

• March 06, 2019, 13:28:43
    • Somewhere near Liverpool, UK
    • HTTPS//:soundcloud.com/Michael-a-duffy
  • more
Reply #38 on: October 31, 2018, 02:37:18
Seeing as @Bill from November Sound has tagged me - well I am sure we all want to hear his entry, I know I do. So I vote for this comp being ended at the time he has mentioned, USA NE time.

Our 'Song Tribe' - as people like @redmando and @Leonard Scaper have just recently described it (the Kitchen!) , needs to support one another, and Bill's is a very reasonable request!

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• Today at 00:08:50
  • more
Reply #39 on: October 31, 2018, 09:04:03
hi @Bill from November Sound , i think it is ok to pospone the deadline for one day, make it november 3th, so you can also finish your song (right? @Mar T. ?)

me, myself, and Pie

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef

• more
Reply #40 on: October 31, 2018, 17:05:51
and...@Layerson i added your great song to the list of entries for this competition so far...

and @Bill from November Sound , the deadline for submitting a day later is no problem, slow cooking  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D is a big trend these days  ;D ;D ;D ;D

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef

• more
Reply #41 on: October 31, 2018, 17:15:38
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 17:20:24 by Dutchbeat »
oh and @robertkc i added your entry to the list of entries too now.... ::thumb::

and @DanJames ''entry too   ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::

(* DB looking for @MichaelA 's entry now*)

great work guys  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::

• Mar T.
  • Senior Site Administrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • Pay it forward! (watch that movie..)

• Today at 02:12:36
    • Duiven
    • http://twitter.com/MartiMediaSC http://www.facebook.com/MartiMedia http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEBmQkchurQ https://soundcloud.com/martimedia
  • more
Reply #43 on: November 01, 2018, 02:20:58
hi @Bill from November Sound , i think it is ok to pospone the deadline for one day, make it november 3th, so you can also finish your song (right? @Mar T. ?)

I'm not going to make it @Dutchbeat , sorry! Looking forward to listening to all entries!
@Bill from November Sound , are you finished yet?

Reply #44 on: November 01, 2018, 04:34:28
I'm working frantically @Mar T.   ... it's 11:30 P.M. right now and I'm still going.  :bonk: 
I can have it done by Friday 8:00 P.M. U.S.A Eastern Standard .