• The Beatles Competition VOTING thread!!-Results are IN!
  • Started by Mar T.
  • Ehsan
  • Poissonier
  • Karma Hunter

• April 19, 2019, 23:04:31
    • Iran
    • https://soundcloud.com/ehsanei
  • more
I was refreshing page 7 of the thread for a while waiting for a new post. Then I noticed the new page!

Congrats!! Fantastic songs!!

::dj:: ::Dutch:: ::e-guitar3::

• Mar T.
  • Senior Site Administrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • Pay it forward! (watch that movie..)

• Yesterday at 17:02:49
    • Duiven
  • more
Well done @Mark Luto !!

Hahahaha nooooo are we going to split the prize that way? Maybe we should split it in time. So one year in your prizes exhibition furniture piece (how the # is that called in english) and one year in mine etc?

Again, fantastic competition all, well done!!!!
:mart:

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• Today at 06:37:08
  • more
or better yet  ;D ;D ;D ;D

we will put it in the Dutchbeat's kitchen Museum vitrines
for anyone to see

and you both get a copy  ;D ;D ;D ;D of the card with the signatures of the Beatles...... :o 8) 8) 8) >:D >:D

me, myself, and Pie

• Mar T.
  • Michelin Starred Chef

• Duiven
  • more

for anyone to see

and you both get a copy  ;D ;D ;D ;D of the card with the signatures of the Beatles...... :o 8) 8) 8) >:D >:D
Since you're the only founder of the kitchen left in our staff I'd be glad to go for your museum solution @Dutchbeat ! But of course @Mark Luto has to agree as well. And you'll have to agree we'll stop by one day together and watch this beautiful prize! Ok?
Cheers,

Re: The Beatles Competition VOTING thread!!-Results are IN!
Reply #124 on: May 14, 2017, 22:28:16
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 22:34:31 by oorlab »
 :) thanks! - who won? Congrats to all participants, and a big thanks to the organizers!

went up the thread and saw @Mar T.  & @Mark Luto are sharing the prize! Well done!!
recommending https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_Music_Works "How music works", book by David Byrne.

• Leonard Scaper
  • Global Moderator
  • Executive Chef
  • Guest Chef

• June 13, 2019, 10:48:36
    • Terra Firma
  • more
Reply #125 on: May 14, 2017, 22:38:49
Congratulations to our esteemed winners.....and to all of the entrants.

Onward now, Kitcheneers! There are songs to be written!

8)
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

"In a world of robotic conformity, the only originality left in music is the imperfections" Eric Craptone

"Special thanks to Steve Gleason for making me who I am today." Leonard Scaper

Lenny's Tunes: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=540680

https://soundcloud.com/vincentgleason

• Mar T.
  • Michelin Starred Chef

• Duiven
  • more
Reply #126 on: May 15, 2017, 00:57:28
Congratulations to our esteemed winners.....and to all of the entrants.

Onward now, Kitcheneers! There are songs to be written!

8)

No no no @Leonard Scaper , we're in a bar with all 17 contestants celebrating all HQ entries we shared!! Come over here!! We'll start writing songs tomorrow, now it's time to celebrate! Whoot whoot!!  :whistle: :whistle:

:) thanks! - who won? Congrats to all participants, and a big thanks to the organizers!

went up the thread and saw @Mar T.  & @Mark Luto are sharing the prize! Well done!!
Thanks @oorlab !! Of course the real winners are all contestants (all entries were a pleasure to listen to) and @Nic for offering such a remarkable prize!!
Thanks for joining this comp and well done to you to!!

Congratulations guys!!! Fantastic results and I gotta say the standard was SO high there are so many fantastic songs in and beyond the top 5!

Great contest. Eh, but how are you going to split the prize?!?!?

K
Hahaha thanks @Zedd and thank you for your empathy and care as always...

Well, this is interesting! Well done, @Mar T. and @Mark Luto . Luckily my Mummy-Mum has just arrived at my house, and she has kindly offered to give a slightly different photo from the fanclub. She can't remember if this one also has printed signatures on it like the first one has, but we'll find out and then I will take a photo for you. It will be equally fairly worthless, but again straight out of the fanclub from back in the day. However, I'm not getting involved in who has what! So you can fight that out amongst yourselves. Once you have decided who is having what, message me your addresses and I will send them out.

Congratulations to you both, and well done to all the entrants.
Thank you so much for offering this fantastic prize @Nic , and don't worry, there'll be no fights! I just love the idea that you wanted to donate such a remarkable asset to one of our contestants, that touched me in the heart. Lots of love for you doing that for us!

Again dear kitcheners, please celebrate our victory, we had 17 contestants working on the same assignment for weeks in a row, we shared, enjoyed and joined the voting process. 26 votes, hello!!!
Thank you all for making this kitchen what it is today. It's wonderful!
Cheers!!

• Mark Luto
  • Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
  • Enthusiastic Dilettante

• June 15, 2019, 02:10:35
    • Zurich, Switzerland
    • https://www.facebook.com/MarkLutoMusic/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2oOby1sRdVp60eBi8msivQ https://soundcloud.com/markluto
  • more
Reply #127 on: May 15, 2017, 01:03:43
I was rather busy (and therefore a bit quiet) during the official announcement, but now I'd like to express my thanks to everybody.

- To @Dutchbeat and @Mar T. , our two head chefs of this kitchen, for juggling with ranking lists, microphones and envelopes, that was a very good proclamation ceremony once again!

- To all contestants, for filling this kitchen with so much amazing and inspiring music.

- To @Nic , for donating such a great prize.

- To all the voters, for listening to all the contributions, and for spreading their points so generously. And you gave my song that many points, I'm blown away!

- To @Mar T. , for sharing the podium place with me. It's great to share this win with you! :-*

Thank you all so much!

I'm delighted and grateful that my entry 'Peace' got so many points so I'll sing it once again live WITH screaming girls!!! Hahaha: https://soundcloud.com/martimedia/peacelivefinal/s-qKYH1
Wow @Mar T. , that sounds awesome. I guess if you would have entered the competition with this version, you could have outstripped me and all the others easily... ::headphone::

for anyone to see

Since you're the only founder of the kitchen left in our staff I'd be glad to go for your museum solution @Dutchbeat ! But of course @Mark Luto has to agree as well. And you'll have to agree we'll stop by one day together and watch this beautiful prize! Ok?
Cheers,
I think that's a brilliant idea! Deal @Dutchbeat ?

Cheers,
Mark

Reply #128 on: May 15, 2017, 01:36:34
A GREAT BIG CONGRATS MARK AND MARTI!    ::thumb:: And another BIG CONGRATS to all the entries!  ::Note::

They were all fantastic  ::thumb::

• Mar T.
  • Michelin Starred Chef

• Duiven
  • more
Reply #129 on: May 15, 2017, 01:54:14
Thank you @CrystalSuzy !!

@Mark Luto I'm honoured to share a podium place with you!! Hahaha and yes! @Dutchbeat and I had so much fun announcing the final results..  ;)

Right, so just in case the booze has gone to everybody's head and they were bordering on unconscious when I last wrote, there are now TWO photos from my Mum, who, on hearing we had two winners, said she would give another photo. So neither @Mar T. or @Mark Luto  lose out and they don't have to have one photo in a central location to be observed equally between them, or have to have a contract drawn up regarding the weekend arrangements for a single photo, or have to have vicious rows over the phone about one seeing said photo more than the other, so on, so forth.

There. S'all good.

:) N

Hey @Nic , wow that's so efficient!!! Saves @Mark Luto and me a lot of time!! You're a hero, thank you so much again for doing this for our community! Eh.. and we miss you!!!

• Mark Luto
  • Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
  • Enthusiastic Dilettante

• June 15, 2019, 02:10:35
    • Zurich, Switzerland
    • https://www.facebook.com/MarkLutoMusic/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2oOby1sRdVp60eBi8msivQ https://soundcloud.com/markluto
  • more
Reply #130 on: May 15, 2017, 02:05:09
Right, so just in case the booze has gone to everybody's head and they were bordering on unconscious when I last wrote, there are now TWO photos from my Mum, who, on hearing we had two winners, said she would give another photo. So neither @Mar T. or @Mark Luto  lose out and they don't have to have one photo in a central location to be observed equally between them, or have to have a contract drawn up regarding the weekend arrangements for a single photo, or have to have vicious rows over the phone about one seeing said photo more than the other, so on, so forth.

There. S'all good.

:) N
Hey @Nic , That's so generous of you and your Mummy-Mum, thank you!
So I guess @Mar T. and I have to find another reason to invade @Dutchbeat 's castle... ;D

.. and we miss you!!!
+1. Great to see you around!

• IsleofSkye
  • Poissonier
  • (INFJ-T) 18

• August 09, 2018, 05:36:31
    • Newnan, Georgia, USA
  • more
Reply #131 on: May 15, 2017, 15:03:45
Congratulations to the winners!! Everyone had great entries and this was a blast!
"When you've seen beyond yourself then you may find peace of mind is waiting there."-George Harrison

Reply #132 on: May 15, 2017, 17:55:38
Congrats @Dutchbeat  for winning the prize for making the best video ! And congrats @Mar T. and @Mark Luto for making the best song! @Dutchbeat maybe @Nic has a special third photo for you.... ;D.. ::heart::
also a goat understands a joke

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• Today at 06:37:08
  • more
Reply #133 on: May 15, 2017, 17:56:08
Congratulations again to @all the brave contestants ::thumb::

and to @Mark Luto and @Mar T.  ::thumb:: ::thumb::

and many thanks to @Nic  ::thumb:: and to Nic's Mum  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: and to Nic's Mum's Mum  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::
and to all the members who gave their votes  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::

I enjoyed this contest a lot (even though i didn't win..... >:( >:( >:( >:()

but i am sure i will win a prize in one of the next competitions......one day..... :P :P :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\...perhaps.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

• MichaelA
  • Chef de Partie
  • Songwriting Addict

• May 25, 2019, 23:43:29
    • Somewhere near Liverpool, UK
    • HTTPS//:soundcloud.com/Michael-a-duffy
  • more
Reply #134 on: May 19, 2017, 12:22:12
I've been away this last few days, but belated congratulations to the winners. Quite a few excellent entries here and clearly a lot of fun on the forum with this competition. Well done to all  ::thumb::

That said, 'I'll be back' (of course!).  :D
If you like novels with a musical theme, why not try 'Sixth Beatle - When Music Changed The World', easily found on Amazon and Google. It is amazing, although as the author I may be biased!

exclamation
The 2nd Kitchen Cover Competition Voting Thread - The RESULTS!

Started by Mar T. on Challenges

133 Replies
Last post August 01, 2017, 16:13:19
by Olbigead
xx
The 'Write an extremely positive song' Competition - VOTING thread - RESULTS!!!!

68 Replies
Last post April 04, 2018, 01:34:30
by CrystalSuzy
xx
The 'misunderstanding' challenge - VOTING thread - RESULTS are in!!

69 Replies
Last post January 28, 2019, 17:54:33
by Timothy Smith
xx
Hometown Comp - VOTING Thread- RESULTS are IN!

137 Replies
Last post June 28, 2018, 00:47:31
by Mark Luto
question
The 'Love Song with a Twist' VOTING thread - THE RESULTS!!

60 Replies
Last post December 01, 2016, 17:42:05
by Dutchbeat