• The 'misunderstanding' challenge - VOTING thread - RESULTS are in!!
  • Started by Mar T.
  • Mar T.
  • Senior Site Administrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • Pay it forward! (watch that movie..)

• Today at 23:51:33
    • Duiven
  • more
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 03:57:19 by Mar T. »
Off topic: for some strange reason page 4 of this thread is not accessible. I'm investigating what happened, but in the mean time I filled page 4 with dummy posts until we reached page 5, which is... working as we can see.

I'll paste the posts of page 4 below:

-----
Posted by: Dutchbeat
on: January 18, 2019, 23:16:58 Insert Quote
@Vince ..but the dark purple ones
and also the green ones

have plum taste  :o :o :o :o

IF you have real wine gums, they ARE  :o :o :o :o ....made out of fruits...but, it is hard to find those nowadays

i am sure @Pleudoniem, being....somewhat of my age....understands fully

what kind of wine gums
we are talking about  8) 8) 8) 8)

----

on: January 18, 2019, 23:20:38 Insert Quote
but...if my right honorable friend ..@Pleudoniem

wants to use, cheap gummy bears
or even german rubbish from Haribo

i am ok with that

schedule that duel @Leonard Scaper

and....congratulations @oorlab
we are taking our second position extremely well
as you can tell  :yes: :yes: :shinyteeth: :shinyteeth: :shinyteeth:

---
Posted by: Pleudoniem
on: January 18, 2019, 23:24:12 Insert Quote
@Dutchbeat Is that a threat?  >:( I'll pay you back in your own mouthful!

---

on: January 18, 2019, 23:28:59 Insert Quote
mhhh. these winegum smileys are hard.. @Pleudoniem

you know that, and you don't want anybody to get hurt
do you?  ;D ;D ;D
let's be gentlemen, let's settle on a fair winegum duel

somewhere on the Veluwe

----

Posted by: oorlab
on: January 18, 2019, 23:45:07 Insert Quote
Thanks! Champagne for the kitchen! Many thanks to @Mar T. , @Dutchbeat  for keeping up the very good spirit of our common challenges.
and fellow contestants @Pleudoniem  @MichaelA  @Leonard Scaper @robertkc  @Timothy Smith  @LePlongeur   - upwards & onwards to the next challenge.
my song is downloadable from now on  https://soundcloud.com/oorlab/chinese-whispers .

----

Posted by: Bill from November Sound
on: Yesterday at 02:12:58 Insert Quote
This competition has taken on a strange turn of events ... with this whole winegums duel..... Do they have these in Chicago @Vince ? Or you know about them from all your travels to Germany?

Anyway the real thing we need to say is:

Congratulations  @oorlab !!!
Great work!  :) ;) ;) :)

----

Posted by: LePlongeur
on: Yesterday at 07:40:23 Insert Quote
Its 6.12 overhere and its a consolation to know that for a little while my watch tells me the same as, for instance, @MichaelA s.
With a beautiful song. A very beautiful song. But outnumbered by the Dutch. Hes a good guy I think, but we should be careful not to test his patience too much. There have been wars between England and the Netherlands over lesser irritations.

I would like to thank those Kitcheners who are not mentioned for pushing my misunderstanding up in the list. And those Kitcheners, who voted for my song.
And those, who were putting in their time and energy (and songs and wine gums) to make it happen.
Im going to have to read what the wine gums discussion is about.

A couple of months ago, someone very young asked me about the word conservation on an LP sleeve. Right on top of it. And it was the word we used, before the word environment was invented.
If we stop making things we dont need in the first place, like wine gums, were already half way there.
Wrapped in plastic, the gums made from gelatins and paint..., come to think of it, its not good enough to throw in your waste container. It should be destroyed as chemical waste.

If we stop making wine gums, were already half way stopping global warming. In the Netherlands the words global and globaal cause a lot of confusion, since global was here first. It means roughly.
I think its a good idea to engage into a challenge about global misunderstandings.
But dont expect clear insights from the Dutch.

Thank you management.
Thank you colleagues Kitcheners.
But I think Michael As song should have been mentioned instead of mine.
But I am glad I am number 4.
Kind regards, Gus

---

Posted by: robertkc
on: Yesterday at 18:39:25 Insert Quote
Congrats to @oorlab  :loveit: and all who pitched in.
 Thanks to @Mar T.  for the organising.
(For some odd reason the current page won`t load for me, so I can`t read latest comments).

----

Posted by: Zedd
on: Yesterday at 18:48:22 Insert Quote
Congrats @oorlab and to all the contestants! A fine selection of songs and a well-deserved win!

----

Posted by: Vince
on: Yesterday at 23:26:02 Insert Quote
@Bill from November Sound   I've had a difficult time accessing this thread - we have a store called " World  Market" in my neck of the woods  and I bought some there to take with me to give the kids in Germany. Even though they are in their teens, they still like a little something when I come to visit. I know wine gummies don't have real wine because momma would kill me if I gave them anything with alcohol.

As far as a "wine gummie dual" - that must be a Dutch thing, I have no idea.

----

That's it, please continue the discussion on this page, while I investigate what's wrong with page 4..

Cheers!
Mar T.
:mart:

@Mar T. A very simple and effective solution, those dummy posts ::thumb:: It makes conversing possible again now. Thanks!

@Vince Yes, in the Netherlands we all battle each other with wine gums and we all live in soggy windmills, just like in Down Under women glow and men plunder. Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder? You better run, you better take cover.  The trouble is that we all have shopkeeper mentalities, which makes us quite mean when it comes to spending money on arms. That is one of the reasons why many battles are usually prematurely called off. We just think war is too expensive, and it's better that way. The fact that @Dutchbeat went ahead with this affair of honour is a rare thing. These are all well known facts.  :doublebonk: :doublebonk:
Pleudoniem: composer; bass guitarist; guitarist; singer; drummer; tap-guitarist - o, and yes... erm- a bit of keys. Open for collabs.
SoundCloud Page: https://soundcloud.com/pleudoniem

• Mar T.
  • Senior Site Administrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • Pay it forward! (watch that movie..)

• Today at 23:51:33
    • Duiven
  • more
 :pompom: Well it seems like a posted attachment/pic of a winegum took page 4 down @Pleudoniem , so at least they can be used to win a cyber-war!  ;) ;)  :pompom:

Back on topic: Again well done all contestants!! That was a nice challenge and wonderful results!!
Cheers!
Mar T.

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• Today at 23:29:36
  • more
@Pleudoniem  , i never heard of such a un-gentleman-like winegum duel strategy before  >:( >:( >:( >:(

putting some cyber hack gear into a winegum picture.... >:( >:( >:( i think i have to report this to the Mods...

:pompom: Well it seems like a posted attachment/pic of a winegum took page 4 down @Pleudoniem , so at least they can be used to win a cyber-war!  ;) ;)  :pompom:

Back on topic: Again well done all contestants!! That was a nice challenge and wonderful results!!
Cheers!
Mar T.
me, myself, and Pie

@Dutchbeat Haha! How remarkably ironic!  :lol: If I remember correctly, it was a picture of wine gum coins. So, there you have it again, money was the culprit. I think I already know what may have caused the problem. That file was 4.4MB, which is much too large for the forum to handle. Which, again, underlines the idea that when you want too much. especially when it comes to money, it may backfire, or it may all collapse.

Possibly we should treat this the Dutch way, my noble adversary, and recognise that arms are too expensive? They weigh too heavily on the forum. Shall we share the wine gums, instead of maliciously shooting them at each other?

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• Today at 23:29:36
  • more
all right @Pleudoniem, i can see there was no intentional wrong doing from your part....

let's make peace and share the wine gums, as long as i get a good share of the black and dark purple ones, those with plum taste  :blackgrin:

@Dutchbeat Well, I am not so sure that is still possible...

This is just to say

I have eaten
the plums
that were in
the icebox

and which
you were probably
saving
for wine gums

Forgive me
they were delicious
so sweet
and so cold

(adapted from William Carlos Williams)

Congratulations to all who participated. I guess I had better go back to the drawing board. Yikes.

Congratulations to all who participated. I guess I had better go back to the drawing board. Yikes.

well @Timothy Smith  .... part of the songwriting challenges is to have fun ... actually the main part is to have fun!!!!  .... and you get to write stuff that you may not have otherwise written.  :)

I mean you see this turned into a gummy bear duel here at the end?  ;D Ha,ha!!!!

Don't take it too seriously. You submitted a great entry and the number of votes between 1st place and the others is only a few points, really.
I look forward to hearing your future challenge entries!   :ok:

Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

November Sound is based on the Mother, Father & Son musical trio of Melissa, Bill & Will. I'm the father so anything I post will have my wife singing and/or my son playing percussion.

well @Timothy Smith  .... part of the songwriting challenges is to have fun ... actually the main part is to have fun!!!!  .... and you get to write stuff that you may not have otherwise written.  :)

I mean you see this turned into a gummy bear duel here at the end?  ;D Ha,ha!!!!

Don't take it too seriously. You submitted a great entry and the number of votes between 1st place and the others is only a few points, really.
I look forward to hearing your future challenge entries!   :ok:

Bill thanks for those comments. I later seen the small margins required for a win. I think all tracks were well done. I tend to be a bit competitive.  I entered to do as well as I could.  I appreciate the reminder that this is all for fun. I need that reminder. Let the chips fall where they may. I attribute some of it to the types of music listeners here like too. FWIW I voted for oorlab in 1st place. I really liked his track.  :ok: The others were excellent as well.
I had this and then another event happened that offset it. I had one of my tracks used at the 2019 NAMM show for music software. So it was like the yin and the yang or something like that  ;D
I realize that not everyone will like what I do and I also realize that pop ain't really my thang  :)

xx
Hometown Comp - VOTING Thread- RESULTS are IN!

Started by Mar T. on Challenges

137 Replies
Last post June 28, 2018, 00:47:31
by Mark Luto
question
The Beatles Competition VOTING thread!!-Results are IN!

134 Replies
Last post May 19, 2017, 12:22:12
by MichaelA
question
The 'Love Song with a Twist' VOTING thread - THE RESULTS!!

60 Replies
Last post December 01, 2016, 17:42:05
by Dutchbeat
exclamation
The 2nd Kitchen Cover Competition Voting Thread - The RESULTS!

133 Replies
Last post August 01, 2017, 16:13:19
by Olbigead
xx
Same Lyrics Challenge - VOTING closed!! - RESULTS ARE IN!!

69 Replies
Last post November 21, 2018, 12:44:01
by MichaelA