• The 'Write an extremely positive song' Competition - VOTING thread - RESULTS!!!!
  • Started by Mar T.
  • Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• Today at 00:08:50
  • more
18 people have voted by now ..... ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::
great

don't forget to give your votes!
me, myself, and Pie

• syl_a_med
  • Vegetable Chef
  • Drums/Guitar/Bass/ Keys/Vocals/Production

• March 17, 2019, 00:18:31
    • Halifax, Nova Scotia
    • https://soundcloud.com/voieces-band
  • more
Voted! Some very nice songs in here. I'm always impressed by the talent in this place

• MrBouzouki
  • Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
  • "Let the Creators Create" :-)

• March 19, 2019, 10:17:26
    • Sheffield, UK
    • https://www.facebook.com/Mr.Bouzouki.Music/ https://www.youtube.com/user/MisterBouzouki https://soundcloud.com/mrbouzouki
  • more
Voted now I've had chance to sit down and have a good listen.

Everybody who entered is a winner in my eyes folks. It's hard writing to a brief in my view.

::OSMAN:: ::OSMAN:: ::OSMAN::
"Love and Life is all about connections"

• Mar T.
  • Senior Site Administrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • Pay it forward! (watch that movie..)

• Today at 02:12:36
    • Duiven
  • more
In the meantime I've voted as well.. What a great selection of songs! And 20 votes already! We have 17 contestants, so I reckon the 3 other votes are from kitcheners that didn't compete. Thank you!
And we can use more votes kitcheners, so please help us decide who the winner will be!
So far every contestant has received a fair amount of voting points. The top-5 is in the 44-60 points range, and we have a shared 4th and 5th place.
We reeeeeaaaallly need some more votes to decide about the 4th and 5th position. Heeeelllllpp!!
Let us know non-contestants, when you took the time to vote (or have voted already) and you'll receive 25 karma coins!  :) :) ;) ;) :blackgrin: :blackgrin:

Few days left to vote, we'll close voting on the 1st of april 20:00pm (forum time)..   

Cheers everybody!!
:mart:

@Mar T. my votes in! altho i dont like the voting structure haha, far better be 5pts to someone then 4pts and then so on!  bit odd with the 34pts scattered all over! anyhow doesnt really matter in the end!
fly away and find my peace of mind...
http://soundcloud.com/man-of-simple-pleasures

• Mar T.
  • Michelin Starred Chef

• Duiven
  • more
Hey @man of simple pleasures , wow you're such a hero for listening and voting AGAIN, while you didn't compete yourself! Love that true community spirit  ;) ;)
Haha, yes man, now and then we have a discussion about this voting system. Earlier we just voted for 'the winner', and that 'limitation' sometimes led to results not reflecting how 'the others' were performing.
This system was created by listening to our community back then, and ensures we get a proper ranking (based on all different 'opinions' and all different 'angles of approach' of our voters).
Of course we can reconsider the voting system at anytime, but I still believe this system:
1. Helps voters to express their opinion about the entry list in way more detail
2. Therefor gives us more accurate results

Are there others who like/dislike this way of voting? Let us know.. We always listen and try to implement the 'best consensus' solutions ;-)

Cheers!!

@Mar T. everyones a winner who took part to be honest!

i think ive had a moan about the points scoring before haha, its no big deal just would find it easier if say theres was 10 entrys just to then pick who gets 10 points and next one will get 9 points!

anyhow some great tunes in there for this!

• Mar T.
  • Michelin Starred Chef

• Duiven
  • more
@Mar T. everyones a winner who took part to be honest!

This. Absolutely!! 100% agree!! +100

i think ive had a moan about the points scoring before haha, its no big deal just would find it easier if say theres was 10 entrys just to then pick who gets 10 points and next one will get 9 points!
anyhow some great tunes in there for this!

You did, and we're listening.. when there's more support for this idea, we can see how to implement that.. Thanks for sharing your opinion my friend..

Cheers!!

@Mar T.  ::thumb::  keep on rocking!

• Mar T.
  • Michelin Starred Chef

• Duiven
  • more
U2 @man of simple pleasures ! Hope we're rocking in the best way to support the community, that's the #1 priority of all of us imo  ;) ;) :blackgrin: :blackgrin: ::thumb:: ::thumb::

• MichaelA
  • Chef de Partie
  • Songwriting Addict

• March 06, 2019, 13:28:43
    • Somewhere near Liverpool, UK
    • HTTPS//:soundcloud.com/Michael-a-duffy
  • more
I can sympathise with @man of simple pleasures, as some songs I really liked were only one point away in my voting from others marginally favoured due to the narrow voting range/possibility.

If you are over in Europe, of course we have the much loved/ much maligned Eurovision Song Contest, which has been going on forever and is probably the most watched annual song contest on the planet - whatever you may think of it.

Here there are about 25 or so entrants/finalists each year, one for each European country that reached the final.

When voting, countries only get 6 votes. 12 points for their favourite, 10 for second favourite, down to 2 for 6th fave. Everyone else gets 0 - maybe harsh, but a fair way of letting the best songs draw some distance between the average songs.

That formula would be good to try in my view.

But in our case in the Kitchen, of course everyone is a kind of winner just for taking part, so I can also see the merit of the way we have done it this time. But as only the top 5 are published for all to see, I think the system enabling clearer differentiation might be more useful in the future, certainly worth considering.
If you like novels with a musical theme, why not try 'Sixth Beatle - When Music Changed The World', easily found on Amazon and Google. It is amazing, although as the author I may be biased!

• Mar T.
  • Michelin Starred Chef

• Duiven
  • more
@MichaelA We've made at least one step forward compared to just voting for 1 winner don't we?  ;) ;) Didn't we?  :blackgrin: :blackgrin:

'1. Helps voters to express their opinion about the entry list in way more detail'

• MichaelA
  • Chef de Partie
  • Songwriting Addict

• March 06, 2019, 13:28:43
    • Somewhere near Liverpool, UK
    • HTTPS//:soundcloud.com/Michael-a-duffy
  • more
@Mar T. , yes of course, I see you are trying new ways continually in response to members wishes, and your own thoughts too. I am just offering an idea that is all, but I am just one member, so will not complain about the final decision about the way we do things.

• Mar T.
  • Michelin Starred Chef

• Duiven
  • more
'We', members of our kitchen community @MichaelA .. 'WE'..
'My' thoughts don't matter.. (although I love to share my 'ideas')
Imo all's good as long as 'we' all do what's best for 'us'..
And 'I' am here to help achieving 'common-sense' utility  ;) ;)
As long as it's positive and filled with love, peace etc.. Yes, I'm a nerd..
Thanks for thinking along with us my friend..

Btw.. Wow!! 21 votes!!! Almost closing the voting process.. We just need 4 more votes.. Who's able to contribute their time and help us?  ;) ;)

Cheers everybody! Tip my hat and good night!!

• Mark Luto
  • Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
  • Enthusiastic Dilettante

• March 16, 2019, 18:56:00
    • Zurich, Switzerland
    • https://www.facebook.com/MarkLutoMusic/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2oOby1sRdVp60eBi8msivQ https://soundcloud.com/markluto
  • more
I just voted. Didnt write any individual reviews because Im working like crazy at the moment and have no spare time at all. But at least Ive listened to all the entries several times, on the way on the train or in the car, while doing the dishes or the hoovering, and even at work when possible... Those are great songs @everybody! Such a big pile of positivity! To me you all are winners already! ;)

Cheers,
Mark