• Collaborate via Bandlab
  • Started by Timothy Smith
Collaborate via Bandlab
on: January 28, 2019, 18:01:46
Just a heads up. There is an online collaboration app called Bandlab that is easy to use and fun!!!

The app is free and you can even download a free DAW called Cakewalk for PC. You may use smart phones with the app if needed.
I began an experiment in BL. Here are the results. Wei Liang played the piano, flute and cello. I played bass guitar, electric guitar, acoustic guitar and sax. This isn't a serious mix. Mainly for experiment purposes. If you have an interest send me your BL handle and I'll follow you.

https://www.bandlab.com/band/band6822440552126412/scarborough-fair-starise-2da66-2740a?revId=2eb7ee74-a722-e911-9f2a-00155d7803f0

Re: Collaborate via Bandlab
Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 17:51:53
Updated mix. I added  my violin to the flute part. If you want to modify this mix simply join Bandlab and upload. This is an open to the public mix.
The version you make will be forked into a new version. You may mute tracks you don't like or add additional tracks...even vocals if you desire.

https://www.bandlab.com/band/band6822440552126412/scarborough-fair-starise-2da66-2740a

Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 02:22:54
Hey @Timothy Smith  this cool!
Btw - are you sax first or keys first?
I do both as well ..... sax first.   :D   
Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

November Sound is based on the Mother, Father & Son musical trio of Melissa, Bill & Will. I'm the father so anything I post will have my wife singing and/or my son playing percussion.

Reply #3 on: February 04, 2019, 14:35:41
Hi Bill,

Sax was a a Kontakt sample. I mainly play keys and some acoustic stringed instruments.

When I get the time maybe I'll post a track for collab. If you want a shot at this, you could delete my sax track and add one of yours  :)

Reply #4 on: February 04, 2019, 23:18:10
Hi Bill,

Sax was a a Kontakt sample. I mainly play keys and some acoustic stringed instruments.

When I get the time maybe I'll post a track for collab. If you want a shot at this, you could delete my sax track and add one of yours  :)

Well @Timothy Smith .... that is a pretty good sample. Usually I can tell a mile away but here I wasn't completely sure so I didn't want to offend.  :)
Re: sax ...I'm trying to quit ;)

Reply #5 on: February 05, 2019, 18:59:30
Bill I wouldn't quit. You need a bass player  ;D

Reply #6 on: February 07, 2019, 03:54:55
Bass player? !!!!!!      Have you ever actually tried to work with one of those?  :D

Reply #7 on: February 07, 2019, 20:03:14
Hi Bill, yes I work with one when he decides to show up at my church for worship every week. He isn't always there.

What have you been up to? Do you play gigs on a regular basis? How is that all going?

Reply #8 on: February 11, 2019, 01:55:10
It was meant as a joke ..... see they just show up whenever they want :)  :D

Oh @Timothy Smith this gig thing is a long, boring, nonsensical story .... really.  :bonk: :yawnee: 
But, yeah, I do some here and there. Ha,ha..... but often I'd rather not.  :)

Reply #9 on: February 11, 2019, 15:38:37
Bill,

I got the joke part . Just making an observation. Most musicians I've worked with only show up when they want to. One thing is a fact, when the bass player shows up he's there  ;D The reason I'm beginning to use more backing tracks in what I do.

So if you want to collab seriously I'll show you how to set something up. If n too busy I understand. Bandlab is a nice idea medium for stuff like that.

Best,
Tim

• MrBouzouki
  • Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
  • "Let the Creators Create" :-)

• Today at 10:24:26
    • Sheffield, UK
    • https://www.facebook.com/Mr.Bouzouki.Music/ https://www.youtube.com/user/MisterBouzouki https://soundcloud.com/mrbouzouki
  • more
Reply #10 on: February 24, 2019, 23:06:23
Interesting idea this Tim -I'm wondering about trying this out.
to my ears something is very wrong on the key-change at 1:48 (very Coltraine ... :blackgrin:)

"Love and Life is all about connections"

Reply #11 on: February 25, 2019, 14:25:00
@MrBouzouki

Thanks for your interest!

Yes this mix was a kind of experiment. You wan't to try something else I'm up for it but there may be gaps in time due to my schedule. Looked like fun to me!

I could lay an acoustic part down. Maybe start with something tight...go from there, or  I'll follow anything you put up. The nice thing is there can be different versions of a tune on Bandlab. ;D

xx
Any singers want to collaborate?

Started by Jurgen on Collaborations

10 Replies
Last post May 01, 2016, 23:57:17
by Jurgen
xx
Looking for a female vocalist to collaborate with...

Started by Shawn Brandon on Songs for review

4 Replies
Last post August 16, 2015, 19:37:19
by Shawn Brandon
xx
Looking for a musician to collaborate on my songs

Started by EvanC1992 on Collaborations

8 Replies
Last post June 03, 2016, 20:06:41
by EvanC1992
smiley
Looking for cinematic/pop/surf rock producers to collaborate with

Started by Thiago on Collaborations

2 Replies
Last post May 30, 2017, 14:03:51
by Dutchbeat
question
Want to all collaborate & write lyrics to a nonsense flow?

Started by iiviivix on Lyrics

3 Replies
Last post August 08, 2017, 12:27:48
by iiviivix