• Ready to give up job to record my album
  • Started by Katze Konigsberg
Ready to give up job to record my album
on: October 08, 2016, 12:36:13
Hey guys,
I am here to find someone to record my album and i am ready to work on it through winter. I need a really good producer who connects with my songs and wants to make something beautiful out of it. My texts are German and I am willing to pay money :)

Seriously I am stuck in a horrible job that does not make me happy and i am carrying this dream of recording my album around since almost 2 years. So what I am willing to do right now is to give up this job and focus on my music first. I am not a producer and I want a calm singer/songwriter album, deep, empowering, sad but joyful at the same time. If you think you can give me that or you want to get to know me, write me anytime.

Listen to my songs here: https://soundcloud.com/katzekoenigsberg or just google Katze Königsberg.

I am not a professional, so my guitar playing is sometimes poor, but I dont want to have it perfect :) I need someone who does not take money for hours....like ok 200 bugs for 4 hours and we then record 1 song.....I need someone who takes time, who has time, who wants invest time in this. If you feel this could be you, let me know.
Greets, Verena

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• Today at 16:44:21
  • more
Re: Ready to give up job to record my album
Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 15:16:03
Hi Katze, i hope you will find someone who can help you with mixing

i am not good in mixing, and getting vocals right is always hard for me, and my tracks are not really the singer songwriter type.....but i was wondering do you have the guitar and the vocal tracks recorded separately?

anyway, i think you would need to find someone who knows how the mix and treat vocals the right way as far as EQ-ing and compression is concerned , i hope someone who really knows about these things wants to help
me, myself, and Pie

Reply #2 on: October 08, 2016, 15:31:24
Hey Dutchbeat,

yeah, i was asked a lot lately, if i record my vocals and guitar separately....not yet! why is that better? thanks for your feedback and I hope I will get some help! :D

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef

• more
Reply #3 on: October 08, 2016, 15:53:48
Hi @Katze Königsberg , it makes an ermous difference in the mixing options and the end result
because that way the equalizing and effects etc. can be applied specifically to suit the vocal, and specifcally for the acoustic guitar etc.....and of course the relative volumes of the vocal and guitar can be controlled at any point in the song etc.

perhaps you want to try to record things separately and experiment with mixing? A first that may be a steep learning curve (but it is not too bad), and it is well worth it in my opinion....you could try to download or buy a Digital Audio Workstation (a DAW) like Reaper.....   or another one, but i think the trial version of Reaper is free (see a recent post from @Jim about this)

if you record instruments and vocals on separate tracks...needless to say you can also add other tracks, like for instance harmony vocals or bass,
it is good fun! (and many out here can help you to get going)
but more importantly, you will get full control over the separate tracks mixwise which will lead to a much better mixing result
(but there are also a few members out here who choose to go for one take / one track recordings because it sounds and feels more real and natural)

but if you want to go for making a full album as you want i would recommend to record your songs on separate tracks, if you would download reaper, i (and others) can help you how to get the things recorded separately
and following that, Reaper has all kinds of build in Fxs and mixing options that you can apply, like EQ-ing etc.

it will give you pretty much all control over how you want your songs (and Album) to sound in your own kitchen studio

Reply #4 on: October 08, 2016, 16:06:44
wow, yeah, that makes sense....i love working around tracks....but i never really understood what i was doing :D in the end i got a pretty nice song, but dont want to keep working in frooty loops....https://soundcloud.com/katzekoenigsberg/still-no-name

I was always searching for someone, who could teach me or explain me the technical things I am not really good in that :D
But I want to try this reaper programme.....i wanted cubase but did not get along with it....I hope i will understand it!! Is this trial version for free?

Reply #5 on: October 08, 2016, 16:07:46
ah yeah....you already mentioned :D

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef

• more
Reply #6 on: October 08, 2016, 16:25:05
@Katze Königsberg , coincidentally @Jim discussed the trial version of Reaper in this thread recently....it even keeps running after the free trial version...(but see what Jim says about this)

https://www.songwriter-forum-kitchen.com/forum/life/home-recording-setup/msg24747/?topicseen#msg24747

several out here use Reaper, like @Jim @Mar T. and me, and it is really good

listening to your soundcloud tracks, i think you usually write singer songwriter songs for guitar and vocal, so you could start by trying to record the guitar, and after that a separate take where you can fully concentrate on the singing (and perhaps after that experiment with some harmony or backing vocals? if you want that)

if you would have questions on what buttons to press to get the tracks recorded etc., you could just ask here (and feel free to ask anything, we all had to learn some way, i was lucky that another member of this forum showed me a while ago, but step by step, how to do it)

Reply #7 on: October 08, 2016, 16:31:14
alright....it is really hard, i know....sometimes, this is all i wanna do all day....then i learn a little bit how to use these programmes and than i give up because there is nobody who shows me....and youtube videos are not always helpful and i dont understand a lot.....yeah, i will try reaper....i let you know if anybody can help me with it :)

if somebody is around who can show me in person, this of course would be the greatest, I live in Bavaria! i would be super thankful

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef

• more
Reply #8 on: October 08, 2016, 17:37:52
@Katze Königsberg , most of us out here know that feeling that we just want to be recording and playing music, and yes, our day jobs can be in the way of that.....

but how do you record in one take now? I mean on what device and with what mic do you record now? do you have some form of interface / connection between your mic and your / a computer?

if so, why not download reaper, we can all try to get you going, just by telling what buttons to press once you opened reaper on your computer?
once you have the first steps done, just a few clicks, and recorded a first guitar track it will become fun and learning of the rest will be much more easy (by just trying things)

I have resisted to use a DAW on a computer for a long time, but you will be so happy with it, the possibilities are endless to mix your own songs just the way you like it

Reply #9 on: October 08, 2016, 17:55:06
hey yeah, right now i just record with a sony hd camera, you can record just audio with it too, very good sound. But it is not connected to my pc.

BUT, I have an interface at home (not here where I work) but I can get it some time. And I have a mic too....it would be amazing, to get this thing on. If you guys could help me with that, that would be just amazing! this is what I want, really....!!

I will definately download the test version when I can get my mic and interface (before it makes no sense as this is  only valid 60 days i guess). When it suits, it is only 60 bugs for software....which is nice! But my laptop is very old? do you get more than one licence? well, but the rest seams like a plan :D thank you so much!!! i will say hi again when i am ready to rock :D

• Mark Luto
  • Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
  • Enthusiastic Dilettante

• November 05, 2019, 20:34:48
    • Zurich, Switzerland
    • https://www.facebook.com/MarkLutoMusic/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2oOby1sRdVp60eBi8msivQ https://soundcloud.com/markluto
  • more
Reply #10 on: October 08, 2016, 21:26:46
Hi @Katze Königsberg , welcome back to the kitchen! :)
You already received great advice by @Dutchbeat (karma to DB for that) and I guess some first steps into multitrack recording shouldn't be too difficult. You say you have an audio interface and a microphone (I hope it's a good one, large diaphragm condenser) already so just go on and plug it in. ;)
For a first test even an old computer will work, but if you'll get more into it and start to fancy using effects and probably even virtual instruments you should be prepared to maybe get a newer (faster) one...
I'm sure you will get a lot of help here in the kitchen, don't be shy and ask whenever questions pop up.
Not sure if we have anybody from Bavaria already. Do we? @Michael? ;D
Looking forward to listen to your first results.

Cheers,
Mark

Reply #11 on: October 08, 2016, 21:55:42
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 21:58:22 by Katze Königsberg »
Hello @Mark Luto !!! :D
nice to hear from you again! yeah, lots of karma to @Dutchbeat for sure. i downloaded reaper and it is amazing already....as i dont have my interface and my mic here, i tried to record, and it worked....and its so damn easy.....i studied cubase in forever and was not even able to get it started....this is so good advice with the reaper programme!! i love it!!! i guess i start with llearning from youtube, but i am sure will have some questions maybe and then i am so happy that this forum exists :D
this is reaper love at first sight!!! :D

• Michael
  • Rotisseur
  • Music Addict

• November 19, 2019, 17:57:00
    • Switzerland
    • https://soundcloud.com/michaelheider
  • more
Reply #12 on: October 08, 2016, 23:11:21
Yes, I used to live in Bavaria, but I know nothing at all about the workings of Reaper. Sorry I can't be of much help here  :-\

@Katze Königsberg I can only echo Dutchie's advice on recording seperate audio tracks, it makes all the difference in the world to the audio quality and production possibilities.
Even an amazing producer would be very limited in working his magic when supplied with a single, combined vocal and guitar track, I think.
Congrats on taking the first step and trying Reaper! :)  I'm sure there is quite the learning curve involved when using a DAW for the first time, but I promise you, it will pay off once you have all the basics and hear the difference it makes for your music!

Reply #13 on: October 09, 2016, 20:19:50
yeah, yeah, yeah, thank you so much @Michael!!! thanks for the encouragement.....since a long time i was thinking about how to go on with my music....and yeah....thats the step! and you guys brought the idea to me :D feeling very blessed. well, soon i will feel horrible when i do not understand nothing about that reaper programme, hahahahahah but I am optimistic! I will listen to your advice and i will record separate tracks, Michael!!! and @Dutchbeat, when I am done with whatever i will produce, i would be honoured if you put hands on a track (only if you like the track of course) :D and just give it your style! this is super exciting!!! but give me some time!!! Still working in my boring job!!! :D :D :D

Reply #14 on: October 10, 2016, 22:52:07
Very nice bunch of songs - enjoyed listening to them very much. I'm always interested in practicing my German listening skill, so I especially like the ones in German.

Vince

xx
CD ready - Ashes for Dreams album

Started by Zedd on The kitchen café

22 Replies
Last post August 23, 2019, 21:19:17
by Zedd
xx
How to find a job as a Songwriter...

Started by TDM on The kitchen café

4 Replies
Last post October 23, 2019, 12:28:39
by TDM
xx
Creative job applications for UK radio

Started by siennalittle on The kitchen café

4 Replies
Last post June 27, 2014, 18:50:41
by Dutchbeat
xx
The first record that you bought

Started by Wicked Deeds on The kitchen café

6 Replies
Last post January 08, 2014, 06:26:58
by fischermans
xx
Would anybody like to record vocals on my songs?

Started by Kajetan Zduniak on Collaborations

2 Replies
Last post May 19, 2018, 19:20:17
by Kajetan Zduniak