• Started by jayc
  • jayc
  • Junior Cook
  • Karma Hunter

• December 31, 2017, 08:53:51
  • more
Tears
on: April 28, 2017, 18:45:31
here is an idea for a song i was working on before i was injured in 2014, i never completed it and i don't remember the chords or the chord progression because i suffer from a severe brain injury. so i just wanted to share this with you all to see if the lyrics are ok and the melody of the song and the chords of the song, and i need a guitar player to figure out the chord progression for me because this song idea means alot to me i was writing about when my girlfriend of 22 years left me and took my kids away from me, i was destroyed and hurt and then i got injured and suffer from a traumatic brain injury oh and when i had my accident i died for 1 hour and 46 minutes so i don't remember the chords to the song but here are the lyrics i was writing

Tears
writen by jayc

so many sleepless nights
iíve tossed and turn for you
many tears fell from my weary eyes

because thoughts of you would fill my head
i remembered all the things you said
why did you have to say good-bye

and with our final embrace
and i seen your face
the tears were falling from your eyes
the look in your eyes as i let you go
the tears were falling
from your eyes
when i turned to say that i love you babe
the tears kept falling
from your eyes

now i walk away cuz thereís nothing to say
when both our tears our falling
from our eyes
our tears are falling
from are eyes
when our tears are falling
from our eyes

https://soundcloud.com/jaycsoto/tears4-1
i hope you all enjoy it i love this song i was working on well it's more of an idea and it means alot to me, i was hurt emotionally and physically it was a bad time in my life, any all feedback is appreciated and if any guitar player are on this forum i would really appreciate it if you can help me figure out the Chords that i used thank you so much

• Leonard Scaper
  • Global Moderator
  • Executive Chef
  • Guest Chef

• Yesterday at 20:27:42
    • Terra Firma
  • more
Re: Tears
Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 20:37:06
Good tune @jayc ....with very strong lyrics.

I hope things are better for you now. Lots of good musical support here in The Kitchen.
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

"In a world of robotic conformity, the only originality left in music is the imperfections" Eric Craptone

"Special thanks to Steve Gleason for making me who I am today." Leonard Scaper

Lenny's Tunes: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=540680

https://soundcloud.com/vincentgleason

• jayc
  • Junior Cook
  • Karma Hunter

• more
Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 03:33:08
thank you Leonard,
I'm trying to get better, it's been awhile since I've jammed on guitar and I can't sing anymore because the Paramedics had to do a tracheotomy and stuck me 7 times in my throat, then i spent 4 years in rehab learning to walk because i was completely paralyzed from the left side of my body due to a tennis ball blood clot at the left side of my brain, and it was a very very long 4 years and the struggle i had to re learn everything walking, eating, talking and now i'm trying to teach myself how to play guitar again because everything i once knew i forgot due to the accident :( and the lack of oxygen to the brain for being dead for an 1 hour and 46 minutes :( Tears i wrote because my ex cheated on me and took my kids from me and i haven't seen them in 4 years :( that's why i love this song it came from the heart i just wish i could remember the chords so i can complete it, that's why I asked if any guitar players here can figure it out for me so i can re learn it i wanna finish this idea i started. Thank you so much for your feedback Leonard i appreciate it my brotha I'm gonna post another idea i started here in an hour or so and i forgot that one too and i need help with figuring out the chords and the progression thanks again for you feedback it means alot to me take care and God bless you all always.... 

• jayc
  • Junior Cook
  • Karma Hunter

• more
Reply #3 on: April 29, 2017, 03:38:29
pics of me in my accident nothing blooding or graphic

1. the scar
2. the piece of metal that hit me it weighed 45 pounds and was 3/4 inch thick and the hole in the windshield is where i was sitting at when i was hit
and my 10 year old daughter was hit too she was sitting right behind me, thank God she was ok
3. and is a pic of me dead on life support, lol

• Mar T.
  • Senior Site Administrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • Pay it forward! (watch that movie..)

• Today at 02:10:20
    • Duiven
    • http://twitter.com/MartiMediaSC http://www.facebook.com/MartiMedia http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEBmQkchurQ https://soundcloud.com/martimedia
  • more
Reply #4 on: April 29, 2017, 04:15:26
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 04:20:31 by Mar T. »
Hi @jayc welcome to the kitchen! Man, that's a trauma, sorry you had to go through all of this!
I hope I can help you a little bit by providing the main chord structure of the song you posted (it's late, so I for sure missed details).

It's main structure is a repeating G - Dsus4 - Cadd9 - Dsus4

On 4 bars timing, eighth notes (I'll just call them G, D, C and D):

1-a-2-a-3-a-4-a|1-a-2-a-3-a-4-a|1-a-2-a-3-a-4-a|1-a-2-a-3-a-4-a|
G        D              C        D              G        D              C        D

Here's how to play the chords:

Don't mind the capo in the pictures, just (have the chords be) play(ed) in 'open' position (no capo), and they will sound in tune with the fragment you posted.
I hope that helps and gives you a kickstart reverse engineering the chord pattern (and timing) of the main theme..
Cheers,
:mart:

• jayc
  • Junior Cook
  • Karma Hunter

• more
Reply #5 on: April 29, 2017, 06:57:30
thank you so so much Mar T, i really appreciate you helping me figure this one out, now i can listen to it and jam along to get down again and finish what i started, i'm gonna post another song that i started to it's another idea i was working on for a girl i was gonna visit out of the country when i got hurt i will post the link here in a few minutes after i write the lyrics down, i forgot the chords and the progression to that one too and i love that idea and so did that girl to bad i never got to play it for her because i ended up in te hospital instead of over there in her country, please Mar T help me out with that one too if you don't mind because i really love that idea i started and i wanna finish it for her, we are still talking and we've been talking for over 4 years now she kept me company while i was in rehab so i owe her for help pushing me to get better and the song(idea)  i'm gonna post is just to show her my appreciation for sticking by myside even though it was through skype and facebook, thank you bro so so much you are a lifesaver i thought i would never learn that song again have a wonderful and blessed day / night and God bless you always... :)

xx
Flood of Tears

Started by Binladeda on Songs for review

16 Replies
Last post May 01, 2014, 22:57:03
by jmacdon
xx
SILENT TEARS

Started by Jambrains on Songs for review

8 Replies
Last post April 17, 2016, 21:58:27
by digger72
xx
Forgotten Tears

Started by Christy on Songs for review

9 Replies
Last post September 27, 2017, 18:55:09
by Mr Sydney
xx
fallen tears and hardened hearts

Started by tuff bransch on Lyrics

5 Replies
Last post June 21, 2018, 11:45:53
by tuff bransch
xx
Our response to Santa Fe, TX --- I'm Running Out Of Tears --- Can you help us?

Started by smajor on Songs for review

12 Replies
Last post June 13, 2018, 23:21:32
by smajor