• The Mob Rapper & November Sound Collaboration
  • Started by Bill from November Sound
The Mob Rapper & November Sound Collaboration
on: December 02, 2018, 16:48:52
You wouldn't think that November Sound would collaborate with a Mob Rapper .... to make a song about a video game, would you?  :shinyteeth:
Well we did!

@TheMobRapper created all the music, lyrics, final mix & video. From what he tells us he put a lot of time into it.... he said at one point all his tracks got messed up and he needed to remake almost all of it....  :bonk: Unbelievable!!!
Melissa from November Sound modified the melody (based upon Jamison's guide) to work for her voice, studied the lyrics and phrasing ( we're talking months here) to perfect it, created harmony parts and performed it all.   :dance:
I edited, comped, and pre-mixed/produce all of the vocals and delivered them to our friend.  :)

Months in the making .....

Get Ready!
                       Get Set!
                                                                      Go!

Sorry ... I'm just really excited about this song.....

Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

November Sound is based on the Mother, Father & Son musical trio of Melissa, Bill & Will. I'm the father so anything I post will have my wife singing and/or my son playing percussion.

• MichaelA
  • Chef de Partie
  • Songwriting Addict

• May 12, 2019, 15:15:09
    • Somewhere near Liverpool, UK
    • HTTPS//:soundcloud.com/Michael-a-duffy
  • more
Re: The Mob Rapper & November Sound Collaboration
Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 12:20:11
Very cool collaboration @Bill from November Sound, your fused styles went well together! The underpinning piano and synth riff becomes quite hypnotic, as does the whole melodic treatment, which very much suits the lyrics.

NIce harmonies there, and well sung as usual.

At first I thought it was a Frankenstein theme about your son being brought to life - you know 'Will made real'. Is he OK with that?  ;D

Good video though, nice and simple but sets the mood nicely.

Excellent! I bet you enjoyed putting that one together  ::thumb::
If you like novels with a musical theme, why not try 'Sixth Beatle - When Music Changed The World', easily found on Amazon and Google. It is amazing, although as the author I may be biased!

• Leonard Scaper
  • Global Moderator
  • Executive Chef
  • Guest Chef

• Today at 18:02:45
    • Terra Firma
  • more
Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 13:42:28
This is VERY cool! It really works well....what an excellent collaboration.

@TheMobRapper ....you did an amazing job with this. And Melissa's vocals are just right. Whoever came up with this idea.....good one!

I mean......whodathunkit?

8)
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

"In a world of robotic conformity, the only originality left in music is the imperfections" Eric Craptone

"Special thanks to Steve Gleason for making me who I am today." Leonard Scaper

Lenny's Tunes: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=540680

https://soundcloud.com/vincentgleason

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• Today at 21:33:56
  • more
Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 17:21:34
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D WOW, what a collab  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::

@TheMobRapper and @Bill from November Sound this was a very surprising kitchen collab track, it sounds good  ::headphone:: ::headphone::

and is there any genre Melissa from the november sound can not master with her voice....but ...i had a feeling the vocal could be a bit louder in the mix, a bit more upfront to get an extra sparkle...in my opinion...(or perhaps bring back the volume on that repetitive swelling synth sound at places to let the vocal shine through more)

and the staccato pace of the track / beat is great, but....perhaps towards the end of the track get a flow more by adding some percussion and hiatts for some groove and flow?

just my two eurocents, it sounds great to me, the surprise collab of 2018  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::

me, myself, and Pie

Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 18:30:42
@TheMobRapper  @Bill from November Sound   This is really great.  I like watching Japanese anime on the YouTube and this would fit right in.  Melissa sounds very sinister and ready to take over the world.

Vince

Reply #5 on: December 04, 2018, 00:39:01
Melissa sounds very sinister and ready to take over the world.

Vince

I love this! ^^     
I can't wait to tell her.  ;D