• Zen in a Nightclub - 'The Four Winds' - Collaborations now open!
  • Started by Monty Cash Music
  • Monty Cash Music
  • Rotisseur

• February 20, 2021, 22:30:27
    • inside the atomic fabric of a page, only when it is turning
  • more
If you're interested @budhabuilding in collaborating on a remix level, then when the tracks are finished and released, we can do a remix album of the same, or depending on timing and how many of the six you might be interested in remixing, it could be on the same release.

I also have another friend in Fremantle who would likely be interested in doing a remix or two!
Find updates on my travels and music on http://peakd.com/@montycashmusic

• Dutchbeat
  • Rest In Peace
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• February 23, 2021, 22:00:08
  • more
great @Monty Cash Music

also great to see @Bill from November Sound , @oorlab and @budhabuilding are joining this project,  nice

i downloaded the loops , all three of them...keep me in the loop  ;D ;D ;D
me, myself, and Pie

• Dutchbeat
  • Rest In Peace
  • Michelin Starred Chef

• more
@Monty Cash Music , track number 2 is so working for me...groovy  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: i love the track as it is :thumbsup:....

but i am adding things anyway  ;D ;D ;D ;D i can really recommend this to all kitchenauts....i love it when your voice appears, skatting...what sounds to me like...you are...skatting....adding voacally something like...

"Doc....Doctor...Fauci.......Doctor Fauci"  :yes: :yes:

you are probably singing / saying something else...but...let me think that is what you are singing...ok...because it got me going.out here..

on the machines  8) 8) ::) ::) ::) :yes: :yes: :yes:
i mean...these are..big machines...HUGE even  :yes:

oh how i love this hobby....and this track...loop number two..kitchenauts, that is the place to go  ::thumb::

• Monty Cash Music
  • Rotisseur

• more
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 03:30:17 by Monty Cash Music »
Do what you like @Dutchbeat I look forward to hearing your additions and inputs. If you want to mix a whole track yourself as your own improv with bits and pieces. That's ok too.

The disclaimer in the first post, I don't know if I should really have it there. It either discourages people that would like to have a go or it makes me sound like a cunt. I spose I'm just trying to avoid having clashes with creative people... that have this kind of creative narcissism and believe that everything they crap is platinum, without an ounce of an ability for self-critical analyses. Creative narcissism is a prevalent plague of the creative universe that unfortunately suits our commodified society. So I really just want to ask the dickheads in a nice way to fuck off. haha What to do?

Which by the way, PLEASE be critical or have analyses about anything I make, including the loops, just as long as it's not coming from a place of ego or spite. I genuinely take on feedback and am extremely grateful for it because I am not God and cannot see everything myself. It's also great when someone tells me I've cut a corner and I really know I have and that it is really important to NOT cut that corner!  :lol:

If you did want to make an entire track yourself I can provide you with the separate tracks in Wav form. There are no real limits to this project. It's just great to get people being creative and making something new.

Thanks for getting involved!

I will make another western style track, probably a reggae or manouche track. Any key or preference with this loop?

Really loving my double loop pedal experience to keep all the elements of the loops separate, however have hit a hickup, I must run everything on battery because of the noise created in the lines via 9v power supplies. Anyone have tips on DC to DC 9v isolators that actually work in a studio environment? Or am I destined to use wasteful batteries forever? @Leonard Scaper ?

• Monty Cash Music
  • Rotisseur

• more
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 04:31:32 by Monty Cash Music »
Please have a go at the other loops as well. Consider it a training ground to open your mind to new types of music with world styles. The western world and its thing is great but when seen with everything else, it has a limited range of expression. It's absolutely hilarious that the West boxes the 'rest' up with the term 'world music'. When this 'world music' is our origins and has its own schools and positions and instruments. 'World music' is broader and has a much bigger range of expression than the western models. The west is consumed with its own identity.

• Dutchbeat
  • Rest In Peace
  • Michelin Starred Chef

• more
Do what you like @Dutchbeat I look forward to hearing your additions and inputs. If you want to mix a whole track yourself as your own improv with bits and pieces. That's ok too.

[.......edit...]
Really loving my double loop pedal experience to keep all the elements of the loops separate, however have hit a hickup, I must run everything on battery because of the noise created in the lines via 9v power supplies. Anyone have tips on DC to DC 9v isolators that actually work in a studio environment? Or am I destined to use wasteful batteries forever? @Leonard Scaper ?

@budhabuilding might be able to answer that technical question you have @Monty Cash Music ...so i tag him in here @budhabuilding

• Monty Cash Music
  • Rotisseur

• more
Thanks @Dutchbeat for now I'm just using batteries like always.

I've made another loop!

4. 06/04/2020 - Loop number 4 is a Manouche Style in G (gypsy jazz)- Suits modes minor or dorian and also Romanian! Starts with geetar, drums come in at 0.19, Vocal bits come in at 0.53, Violin pizzazz comes in at 1.44, pizzicato enters at 3.10 - https://files.fm/f/37jdyry5

• Monty Cash Music
  • Rotisseur

• more
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 04:11:41 by Monty Cash Music »
I've watered down the disclaimer so as to not be such a c***!  :lol: It's impossible to try and avoid every pitfall had with a collective activity and those pitfalls are part of the journey. By putting too many rules on things, I strangle it. And hey, we're all just stuck inside our little boxes. What's the harm in having a go?

• Monty Cash Music
  • Rotisseur

• more
Loop 5 now available in the initial post!

5. 07/04/2020 - Loop number 5 is a 10/8 beat rhythm in D - will suit many different minor modes/scales but I recommend trying a D Dominant Phrygian! Vocals start to fade in about 0.31, Rhythmic violin at 1.48, and some high rhythmic violin at 3.04 - https://files.fm/f/fm7qr7ug

Amanda Forward of http://amandaforwardfineart.com has agreed to use her artworks as covers for some of the songs!

Hey if anyone is jamming with loop 4 .... the gypsy jazz style in G.
I'm finding I need to tune to A 446 to match it. With keys it's easy enough but I'll have to hope I have a short enough barrel to tune my clarinet.
 :D
Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

Not currently posting music here but we're easy to find if you care to listen. November Sound will happily listen, follow, like, subscribe and repost for people who do the same. We get a lot of spam so let us know you're from the kitchen!

• Monty Cash Music
  • Rotisseur

• more
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 05:52:10 by Monty Cash Music »
@Bill from November Sound Thanks for that! I use a guitar that goes out of tune up that neck, a 100 euro wonder I bought in Skopje, so it adds that honky tonk aspect to it..... also makes it hard to align for collabs! haha

I'll make a note of it in the initial post. Glad you're working with this one!

**Edit - if anyone feels so inclined to buy me a new guitar, you're also welcome to do that! haha  :lol:

• Monty Cash Music
  • Rotisseur

• more
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 10:43:19 by Monty Cash Music »
Last loop is ready!

6. 08/04/2020 It's a happy 1-2 rhythm in La or A, it's almost reggae. Well I figured there was enough minor stuff here and I didn't want to scare you all off with yet another eastern sounding track (which by the way, you should totally try your hands/voices at!) Starts with piano, drums come in at 0.31, guitar comes in at 1.17 and high end piano duads in at 2.00 - those guitar and drum tracks are live! I used the loop pedal for the piano parts only! (say, thank you Monty  :D)
https://files.fm/f/7qyyjthf

btw, I made a sexy post for this collaboration release on my blog here which leads back to this forum - https://peakd.com/hive-174578/@montycashmusic/zen-in-a-nightclub-improvisation-project-is-looking-for-visual-and-musical-collaborators-and-that-could-be-you

And I started an Online Improvisation Workshop in conjunction with it as well, of which I started a new thread in a different part of the Kitchen! https://www.songwriter-forum-kitchen.com/forum/songwriting-ingredients/26/online-improvisation-workshop/6144/

Hey @Monty Cash Music  I made some tracks. Just got some an the #2 jazzy in FMinor thing

I'll get them to you tonight which is your tomorrow morning...  :-\   

• Monty Cash Music
  • Rotisseur

• more
Awesome @Bill from November Sound , I look forward to hearing what you've made!

xx
Zen in a Nightclub presents... 'Bells' EP - Netlabel Release

Started by Monty Cash Music on Other Arts

3 Replies
Last post February 08, 2020, 23:22:45
by Monty Cash Music
xx
Zen in a Nightclub feat. Maeve Rose (Budha Building arrangement/remix)

Started by budhabuilding on Songs for review

7 Replies
Last post December 25, 2019, 22:17:58
by Mo
xx
Collaborations - the good!

Started by Bill from November Sound on Collaborations

13 Replies
Last post December 09, 2020, 14:16:29
by Bill from November Sound
xx
Collaborations - the bad!