Author Topic: competition ideas (now the write-a-song-about-your-hometown competition thread)  (Read 1421 times)

Online Dutchbeat

• MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • Karma coins: 1282
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!
Re: New competition ideas
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2018, 15:24:53 »
Hi @LePlongeur ...

of course you can join this competition, and yes, it is allowed to place entries for this challenge whenever you are ready. The deadline for entering a song is the end of May, but whenever your song is ready you can place it. Great to have you on board  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::

Updated list of songwriters who are joing this songwriting challenge:

@Leonard Scaper
@Dakoda  (who came up with the idea)
@Bill from November Sound
@CrystalSuzy
@Mar T.
@DanJames
@Dutchbeat
@LePlongeur

;D ;D ;D ;D
I lost it...ages ago

Offline LePlongeur

• Rotisseur
  • Karma coins: 123
  • In Tartiflette we trust
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2018, 16:21:03 »
@Dutchbeat
Thanks!!!
Kind regards, Gus

Offline Mar T.

• Senior Site Administrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • Karma coins: 1607
  • Pay it forward! (watch that movie..)
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2018, 14:49:20 »
 ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: Thanks for keeping an eye on this thread @Dutchbeat ! Not sure if I can make it before the end of May, but I'll give it a try as well..
8 participants so far, we can use some more!! Feel welcome to join kitcheners!
Cheers!
:mart:

Online Dutchbeat

• MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2018, 15:48:33 »
bump  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D with three more weeks to go to the deadline....are there any other songwriters who are in try this songwriting challenge.

some have already finished their entry for this.....write-a song-about-you-hometown songwritingchallenge.....some still have to start  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D (that would be me...)
the song can be about the place you where born...the place where you grew up...or the place where you live at the moment...

so far the following songwriters have joined:

@Leonard Scaper
@CrystalSuzy
@Mar T.
@DanJames
@Dutchbeat
@LePlongeur

feel free to join in  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::

Online Dutchbeat

• MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2018, 19:39:57 »
I added another contestant to the list of kitcheneers and kitchenettes who are in for trying to write a song for our

write-a song-about-you-hometown songwritingchallenge

the list now is:

@Leonard Scaper
@CrystalSuzy
@Mar T.
@DanJames
@Dutchbeat & @Ricita  ;)
@LePlongeur
@WAZEE

feel free to join, deadline is end of May
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 00:24:02 by Mar T. »

Offline Ricita

• Patissier
  • Karma coins: 132
  • Karma Hunter
hi, with only ten more days to the deadline  :blackgrin: :blackgrin: ;D, can i still join in this competition?

sorry for being so late to this party, but i read this thread, and it inspired me to make a song about my home-town, my Cidade Natal
and i want to add some images of my village as a video

(and i hope @Dutchbeat is again going helping me out, with the music and the mix, thanks)
 ::thumb:: ::thumb::

Online Dutchbeat

• MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
hi @Ricita....sorry for posting this very WIP version  ::) :-[ :-[ :P :-X :-X :-X

but we only havewhat?  8 days now :o :o :o..... and we also want to make a video in how our villages are the same, in many ways
so.... 8) 8)

https://soundcloud.com/dutchbeat-1/same-earth-collab-for-the-kitchen-hometown-songcompfrom-db-and-ricita

Offline Mar T.

• Senior Site Administrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • Karma coins: 1607
  • Pay it forward! (watch that movie..)
Wow nice collab @Ricita and @Dutchbeat ! Please start a seperate thread for this contribution and I'm sure we'll all want to see the vid there as well!!
Love the mixture of your english accents!! Great instrumental guys!!  ;) ;) :blackgrin: :blackgrin:
Was great to listen, thanks for sharing!
Cheers!

Online Dutchbeat

• MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
I added @The C&D Project  to the list of kitcheneers and kitchenettes who are in for trying to write a song for our

write-a song-about-you-hometown songwriting..challenge

the list now is:

@Leonard Scaper
@CrystalSuzy
@Mar T.
@DanJames
@Dutchbeat & @Ricita  ;)
@LePlongeur
@WAZEE
@The C&D Project

deadline on may 31th....

Offline Ricita

• Patissier
  • Karma coins: 132
  • Karma Hunter
Wow nice collab @Ricita and @Dutchbeat ! Please start a seperate thread for this contribution and I'm sure we'll all want to see the vid there as well!!
Love the mixture of your english accents!! Great instrumental guys!!  ;) ;) :blackgrin: :blackgrin:
Was great to listen, thanks for sharing!
Cheers!

ah sorry, but yes...off course @Mar T.
i will start a separate thread for this, it is has a video of my village now also

the video is of driving up there, and ending at my house

very nice that @Dutchbeat invited me  ::thumb:: to add words to this track  ::thumb:: ::thumb::
he was making this music for his entry about his town at first, but...he only added some words and in the end most of it is about the place where i was born and live again now, but also about how similar our little villages are  ;D ;D ;D

so thanks, i will place a link to the video in a new thread, or ask @Dutchbeat to place a link to the video he made...

Offline Goatrelated

• Chef de Partie
  • Karma coins: 394
@Dutchbeat and @Ricita .....the best song I've heard in years  from you..really I think it's a beautiful message to everybody.  Your hometown is the world   ::heart:: ::heart:: ::heart:: ::heart:: ::heart:: ::heart:: ::heart::  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::
“Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love.”
Rainer Maria Rilke

Offline LePlongeur

• Rotisseur
  • Karma coins: 123
  • In Tartiflette we trust
 If @Goatrelated ‘s interpretation is correct (and I don’t see why not) it’s worth the challenge already.
Starting from zero, @Dutchbeat and @Ricita went on to engulf the world, while I, with the same intent entirely, narrowed it down to your home town’s your bedroom.

Funny but true, i’ve never thought of it that way.
I’m already curious about the outcome.
If we believe Erich Kästner’s wonderful children’s book 33rd of May, my patience’s only tested for 5 more days or so.
It is a surprise however, how only a few of the Kitcheners seem to have jotted down their thoughts about their home town.
Kind regards, Gus

Online Dutchbeat

• MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
hi @Ricita , sorry for being so slow...but i placed the music with the images you sent me in a separate thread now, it is here:

https://www.songwriter-forum-kitchen.com/forum/songs-for-review/2/hometown-songwriting-comp-linhares-da-beira-is-the-most-beautiful-place/4459/msg47549#msg47549

and thanks @LePlongeur and @Goatrelated  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::

Offline Bill from November Sound

Hey @Dutchbeat and everyone. Barring some miraculous miracle prior to May 31st, I'm out.  :( 
I had an idea for the song but I don't think it's going to come together in time.
Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

Online Dutchbeat

• MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
thanks for going for it, and you never know when inspiration will strike.... and.... it is always hard to find time to record  @Bill from November Sound

are there any other kitcheneers still working on an entry for this comp? ....only one more day till the deadline .... :) :) :) :) :) and then we will set up a voting thread....i hope @Mar T. want to do that again.. ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::

granny-blade