Author Topic: The 2nd Inspirational Input Competition - Running - Closing Oct 13th  (Read 2369 times)

Offline Mar T.

• Senior Site Administrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • Pay it forward! (watch that movie..)
Re: The 2nd Inspirational Input Competition - Less than a week left!
« Reply #75 on: September 26, 2017, 22:17:35 »
Ok, ok, we'll give everybody 2 more weeks, the competition will close fri October 13th at 20:00 forum time. I updated all clocks in this thread to this version:

Cheers!!
:mart:

Offline iiviivix

• Vegetable Chef
  • Vocal Melodist | Rapper, Singer, Songwriter
Re: The 2nd Inspirational Input Competition - Less than a week left!
« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2017, 18:01:40 »
Lucky we got until Friday the 13th  ;)  :P

Yeh sweet, just today I replayed my submission and I was feeling like I could do better if I re-record. No idea, but now I have time to consider =) Looking forward to the 13TH!!! yeh!

/iiviivix

Listen on SoundCloud : www.soundcloud.com/iiviivix

First demo album now available on Spotify, search "love&life by iiviivix"

Second demo album coming soon - "back&forth" December 2017

Offline Bill from November Sound

Re: The 2nd Inspirational Input Competition - Running - Closing Oct 13th
« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2017, 05:03:22 »
Ya know @iiviivix I was thinking to say that same thing but I think that the Friday the 13th superstition is only in  England and USA.  :)   Am I correct? ..... I actually googled that to check but with ambiguous results. :)
Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

Offline MrBouzouki

• Rotisseur
  • "Let the Creators Create" :-)
« Reply #78 on: October 02, 2017, 23:20:36 »
I think I'm going to have to bail-out folks as although I've got song lyrics, chords and a melody in my head I can't see how I'm going to be able to deliver it
in the way I wanted to at present. I want it to be in quite a different style musically,to what I normally do,  and I don't want to put something out just for the sake of it.
I'd sooner wait, learn a bit more about a few bits and pieces and then put out a product I like.

Sorry Folks  ::) ::) ::)
"Love and Life is all about connections"

Offline MichaelA

• Rotisseur
  • Karma Hunter
« Reply #79 on: October 03, 2017, 13:41:58 »
Hi @MrBouzouki , sorry to hear you might pull out of the comp. I am wondering if you really are suffering from post big-song blues a bit too badly, so that you can't move forward with confidence? If that is the case, well I would just continue working towards the competition deadline to discipline yourself to create output again. You don't have to necessarily publish it on here. But maybe - like me for sure - you will have to write a few average, or even useless songs  ::) before your next excellent one comes along.

I have heard this theory before, so just Googled it - and came up with this article and video: http://diymusician.cdbaby.com/musician-tips/why-you-should-be-writing-bad-songs-and-lots-of-em/

So practice makes perfect, of course, and the more you produce the better you will become.

Well the kitchen is a great place to get pointers for development, so songwriters in general should not be worried about publishing stuff they are not entirely happy with, as people usually make suggestions in a positive and helpful way. Well none of us are going to get rich from 6 comments in a song for review section + maybe 20 more plays on SoundCloud. It's the continuous improvement that counts for us all  and is essentially why I come on here anyway - just to try to improve.

So even if you do pull out for sure, then I would keep that song going if I were you. And then many more too... Good luck whatever you do!

Cheers!
If you like novels with a musical theme, why not try 'Sixth Beatle - When Music Changed The World', easily found on Amazon and Google. It is amazing, although as the author I may be biased!

Offline Leonard Scaper

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
  • Guest Chef
« Reply #80 on: October 03, 2017, 14:20:25 »
@MichaelA ....excellent words of wisdom. I am definitely one who writes a lot in the hope that practice makes perfect, as they say.

This Kitchen is the BEST place for that......nothing like a lot of Family Style Cooking to fuel songwriting growth.

@MrBouzouki .....I respect your decision. You are just coming off that huge and most excellent "Lighthouse Keeper" project. Taking a little time to recharge may well make the next project flow.
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

"Special thanks to Steve Gleason for making me who I am today." Leonard Scaper

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=540680

https://soundcloud.com/returntomountain

Offline MrBouzouki

• Rotisseur
  • "Let the Creators Create" :-)
« Reply #81 on: October 03, 2017, 17:08:27 »
Cheers guys, I'm not down in the dumps, I'm actually quite positive about music at the moment.
Words and ideas are coming, I have a few musical 'irons in the fire' and I'm busy doing other music things with choir etc.

I think the idea the competition photos inspired for me is quite a bit different from my usual song output so I want to take the time to do a good job.
I'm not worried about publishing stuff but it there is a mismatch between what I can hear in my head and what I can currently create.
It's more a technique and experience shortfall in the style I want to use not a songwriting thing to be honest. I am currently researching stuff ;-)

So I'm looking forward to hearing what everybody comes up with and kudos to everybody who has a finished article.
To be honest when I was working I was never a very good deadline man ... lol

Offline Bill from November Sound

Offline Mar T.

• Michelin Starred Chef
« Reply #83 on: October 10, 2017, 23:47:45 »
Just checking in.. here's the ticking clock:

I think everybody has posted their entry right? If not: hurry!!!

Cheers!!

Offline Mar T.

• Michelin Starred Chef
« Reply #84 on: October 13, 2017, 02:38:27 »
Almost closed..  ;) ;) ;)

Last call.. are all entries in? I'll up the voting thread asap after closing and we'll be announcing the results from our management staff summit in the Belgian Ardennen at Sunday the 22th of October..

Cheers!!! :mhm:
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 02:40:03 by Mar T. »

Offline CrystalSuzy

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
Sorry guys, but I don't think I'm going to get my song in on time  :whistle: But I will share it once I have the voice to finish the vocals   ::Suzy::

Offline MichaelA

• Rotisseur
  • Karma Hunter
« Reply #86 on: October 13, 2017, 12:02:38 »
Aaaahh, what a shame @CrystalSuzy , hope your voice recovers soon. I was wondering if your song was going to be reflective and serious or crazy and quirky!!! Anything could happen!  ;)

Offline CrystalSuzy

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
Aaaahh, what a shame @CrystalSuzy , hope your voice recovers soon. I was wondering if your song was going to be reflective and serious or crazy and quirky!!! Anything could happen!  ;)

thanks for your well wishes @MichaelA  ::heart:: Still coughing a bit from the pneumonia, so my voice sounds even more terrible than usual  ;D I have only done a 'scratch' track
of vocals for my song...I mean it kind of suits it...but then I don't want to give it away...as to whether it's 'reflective and serious or crazy and quirky!!!'  ::dj::
I will post it soon...just won't be part of the comp  ::Suzy::

Offline Jim

• Global Moderator
  • Chef de Partie
  • Weirdy Beardy
Talking about terrible vocals...here's mine (at long last):

https://soundcloud.com/jim-clark-17/lift-it-up-early/s-amKs9

I've got, like hours to made amendments, so if anyone has any suggestions on improvements (besides shooting the "vocalist"  :o), I'll try to do it...probably only going to have time to tinker with VSTs and settings though...had hoped to add some twiddly bits in the brief interludes and actually have more than a kick drum for percussion, but...you know.  :-[

Offline Mar T.

• Michelin Starred Chef
« Reply #89 on: October 13, 2017, 23:10:27 »
Okay everybody, the 2nd Inspirational Input Competition is now officially closed, I'll lock this thread and up the voting thread asap.
Thank you so much for joining and I'm going to love listening trough all entries!

Cheers!

granny-blade