Author Topic: The Kitchen Cover Competition 2nd Edition - Almost closing..  (Read 3035 times)

Offline Jim

• Global Moderator
  • Chef de Partie
  • Weirdy Beardy
...i can send you the entire Reaper project, if you want...

Hey @Dutchbeat and @Katze Königsberg , not sure if that'll work, Katze probably doesn't have the same vst's and vsti's installed in Reaper as you DB...

I've done something like this before, and it will sort of work...there was a course I did where we had to make a track in Reaper only using the native plugins...I had a work in progress song in Reaper (Dolcelatte) so I effectively did what @Dutchbeat is suggesting and dumped it all as a new project.  The tracks that used VSTs needed native synths adding to them, I ended up using the arpeggiator on one track but it was good enough to get top marks!

:D

Offline Dutchbeat

• MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!
in fact @Jim (and @Marti and @Katze Königsberg ) and perhaps also @budhabuilding....

i can not open the Reaper project myself, because the song was made before the computer crash i had (which @budhabuilding helped me to overcome  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::), but the reaper file doesn't seem to open because i lost some sounds and / or FXs that i used in that Reaper project.....

so @Jim (or others) , what do you mean when you say: "i dumped it all as a new project" to work around it....
i think i also want to do that....i just want to look at the midi notes, so i can tell @Katze Königsberg what notes / chords are in the main track.....

i hope anyone can help again  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: i will give a load of karma points for it  ;D ;D ;D ;D
I lost it...ages ago

Offline Jim

• Global Moderator
  • Chef de Partie
  • Weirdy Beardy
Just leaving the office...will answer when I'm home  ;)

Offline Dutchbeat

• MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
thanks @Jim......i guess you want those Karma points  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Katze Konigsberg

• Vegetable Chef
  • Karma Hunter
Hello @Dutchbeat @Jim @Mar T.  :)

dont worry, I just told @Dutchbeat that i will try without the original chords. So this saves you some work and nerves and I am sure, I can manage without the original project!

But thanks so much for all your help. That s why I like the kitchen so much!!

Katze  :)

Offline Dutchbeat

• MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
 ;D ;D ;D @Katze Königsberg  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: that is so cool

THANKS  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::

Offline Jim

• Global Moderator
  • Chef de Partie
  • Weirdy Beardy
Sorry about that...if I remember correctly, there's a folder called "REAPER Media" and in there is a folder for each of your projects...if you copy that folder and its RPP file and move them somewhere else, then you can import (I think, have just changed laptop) the folder into your Reaper...it will complain about missing files if you do that from another computer (or you have lost VSTs), but the midi and audio should be intact and the midi can be fixed by choosing other VSTs you do have.  :)

Online Mar T.

• Senior Site Administrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • Pay it forward! (watch that movie..)
Yesterday I PM-ed @Nic a sketch of the guitar work that can be added to her beautiful version of 'everyone' by @Olbigead . We're still pm-ing to and fro (and I'm about to leave for a short break to Ibiza on monday), but the result will be posted soon, right @Nic ?
Today I started covering one of @Alex 's beautiful songs, I tried different approaches and I'm playing with ideas. Recorded a lot of sketches and I'll take them with me to arrange/combine the idea's at the swimming pool next week in the sun, enjoying some great cocktails or beers. Ok probably beers.  ;) I'll execute the ideas when I come home. 

How's everyone progressing? I've heard a few beauties already so far.. Let us know where you are in the process! I think it will be interesting for everybody to follow.
Cheers fellows!
:mart:

Online Mar T.

• Michelin Starred Chef
Kitcheners!  ??? ???
Tell us how you're progressing! Bump, bump!  ;) ;) ::) ::)

Offline oorlab

• Poissonier
  • savoir vivre
Hi @Mar T.  - since you asked: here with thumbs up from @CrystalSuzy
my cover of her splendid song "Come with me"
https://soundcloud.com/oorlab/come-with-me-crystalsuzy-cover

I will also post this in the section Songs for review.
Cheers
Dick
recommending https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_Music_Works "How music works", book by David Byrne.

Offline Mark Luto

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
  • Enthusiastic Dilettante
Kitcheners!  ??? ???
Tell us how you're progressing! Bump, bump!  ;) ;) ::) ::)

To be honest I'm struggling a bit. Been working on my cover of @Olbigead 's "In Cold Blood" on and off for several weeks now. It's really hard do find the right vocal tone. Not to mention the mix. Man, I let myself in for something here! But I'll get there eventually... :)

Online Mar T.

• Michelin Starred Chef
Ouch @Mark Luto I know that feeling! But there's almost one month left to figure it out and I'm completely confident you'll blow us away as always!  ;)
I'll fly back home in a few hours, can't wait to fire up the DAW and creating some music!
Cheers!

Online Mar T.

• Michelin Starred Chef
Hi @Mar T.  - since you asked: here with thumbs up from @CrystalSuzy
my cover of her splendid song "Come with me"
https://soundcloud.com/oorlab/come-with-me-crystalsuzy-cover

I will also post this in the section Songs for review.
Cheers
Dick
Thanks for your reply @oorlab , wow, well done! I left you a comment in the dedicated thread!

I'll start recording the cover of one of @Alex 's beautiful songs in the next weeks (back at home from Ibiza, 2 weeks of vacation left, so I hope to have enough spare time).
Ok we've got to hype this one a bit more, is everybody else still in? Can you tell us about the progress? There's still room for 4 more contestants! Let us know if you'd like to join!
Cheers!!

Offline Katze Konigsberg

• Vegetable Chef
  • Karma Hunter
Hello @Mar T. work in progress ;) I really like the idea of the covers and i am glad to take part. I got to know more songwriters and i am listening a lot on soundcloud these days. Very good idea this competition. The cover is going to be a singer-songwriter song with guitar and voice.  :D

Online Bill from November Sound

Will and I are considering recording "live" so to speak. I put down the bass track and some keys already. We are creating the arrangement and then will probably record sax and drums simultaneously so that it'll be a more spontaneous and inspired performance.
We'll see how it goes.

- Bill
Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

xx
The 2nd Inspirational Input Competition - Running - Closing Oct 13th

Started by Mar T. on Competitions

89 Replies
Last post October 13, 2017, 23:10:27
by Mar T.
exclamation
The 2nd Kitchen Cover Competition Voting Thread - The RESULTS!

138 Replies
Last post August 04, 2017, 23:48:13
by Nic
smiley
The Kitchen Cover Competition 2016 is closed

180 Replies
Last post August 31, 2016, 22:02:45
by Mar T.
xx
The Kitchen Cover Competition 2016 - RESULTS

95 Replies
Last post September 25, 2016, 09:44:55
by Jurgen
xx
Kitchen Cover Competition No Reviews Needed But You Can Listen if You Dare.

Started by Bill from November Sound on Songs for review

23 Replies
Last post August 17, 2017, 02:45:43
by Bill from November Sound

granny-blade