• Making music

• Yesterday at 09:43:18
    • netherlands
  • more
Nature Inspires - 2nd Forum album Live
on: March 25, 2022, 12:04:19
« Last Edit: March 25, 2022, 20:03:29 by Mar T. »
https://songwriterkitchen.bandcamp.com/album/nature-inspires
is live, thanks to @Mo  and @1roomstudio  for curating, and all the contributors.
New album  https://oorlab.bandcamp.com/album/future-journeys (autumn 2021) Future journeys

• Mar T.
  • Senior Site Administrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • Pay it forward! (watch that movie..)

• April 23, 2022, 04:04:32
    • Duiven
    • http://twitter.com/MartiMediaSC http://www.facebook.com/MartiMedia http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEBmQkchurQ https://soundcloud.com/martimedia
  • more
Re: Nature Inspires - 2nd Forum album Live
Reply #1 on: March 25, 2022, 19:58:22
This is so fantastic, to see a collaborative effort of a lot of us kitcheners, goose-bumps here..
Proud of us kitcheners..

::heart::

Love, peace and cheers...
Mar T.
:mart:
I'm proud of this track, check it out! https://soundcloud.com/martimedia/dreams

• LePlongeur
  • Executive Chef
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Yesterday at 19:08:04
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #2 on: March 26, 2022, 11:43:06
Great work, so thank you @Mo and @1roomstudio and also thumbs up for the art work.

Looks great, sounds great. So who will do something to make it smell great?
Thaaaaaaaank you!
Kind regards, Gus

Reply #3 on: March 26, 2022, 19:56:05
« Last Edit: March 26, 2022, 20:00:22 by 1roomstudio »
Thanks to all who participated by giving permission to include their work,  :praise: and to the Admins and Mods who helped set some guidelines and gave encouragement  :lo :praise:

A big high-five 🙏to @Mo for the cover art and many great finds that made it on to the album and to @oorlab 🙏who did the heavy lifting on the technical part by assembling the album, as well as creating and organizing the look and feel of the Kitchen BandCamp account.

This was a fun and interesting project and an opportunity to review and renew interest in some of the fine quality work by members.

Hopefully it also stirred up some interest in other ways to leverage the work and the talent in the Kitchen.  :yes: :dance: :pompom:

The BandCamp account is a nice asset and is wide open now for members to suggest future releases; whether they be Albums, EPS, Singles, derived from past works, future works, collaborations,  competitions etc.

It occurs to me that the Prompt writing threads alone are basically “readymade” EPS with Cover Art and a Theme already intact.

Hoping someone is already cooking what comes next. :dance:

Reply #4 on: March 28, 2022, 23:49:04
Dear All, thanks a million for all of your great work to make this album possible.
one question - how does the public who scream for such art get in contact with the album ?
Regards From Rysoe&Joergensen in Denmark

• Mo
  • Chef de Partie

• May 11, 2022, 18:09:23
  • more
Reply #5 on: March 29, 2022, 06:52:24
Oh yes, it was fun to collaborate a little on this beautiful idea . Thank you @oorlab  and @1roomstudio ! :D :D ::thumb::

one question - how does the public who scream for such art get in contact with the album ?
@Klaus Rysoe One way would certainly be to share the album. I.e. in the various channels of social media.

If that would do, for example, each actor once and from each would come only one listener there, so that would also be for the other artists a dozen times gain.
And with time, maybe some listern will come bac[k members need to collaborate[/color] on it to publish and I don't mean that only the usual suspects should always be brought in for 'cooperation'
One hand washs the other ;D :pompom: :pompom: :nopompom:

Reply #6 on: April 02, 2022, 20:11:22
Oh yes, it was fun to collaborate a little on this beautiful idea . Thank you @oorlab  and @1roomstudio ! :D :D ::thumb::

Great question @Klaus Rysoe and an excellent answer @Mo  ::thumb::

I would add... by releasing examples of Kitchen Member's work on a platform like BandCamp, we have already accomplished the most important step... moving the work from a "members only" forum to the public domain; we have "come out of the Kitchen" so to speak.

For most of my life, when people would ask "what do you do?" My response was related to my day job. Somewhere around 2015 I started saying "I'm a Musician..." the response was often something like "Oh?... where can I hear your music?"  It's a fair question... I decided I needed a better answer than "... occasionally I play local gigs."

I bundled up the handful of digital recordings I had at the time and started researching how to share it online. I landed at BandCamp. It opened some doors, but more importantly, it opened my eyes (ears?) to a window on the world.

Joining the Kitchen came came about because someone looked in that window and encouraged me ... that was @MrBouzouki.

The journey continues!  ::e-guitar3::

@Klaus Rysoe One way would certainly be to share the album. I.e. in the various channels of social media.

If that would do, for example, each actor once and from each would come only one listener there, so that would also be for the other artists a dozen times gain.
And with time, maybe some listern will come bac[k members need to collaborate[/color] on it to publish and I don't mean that only the usual suspects should always be brought in for 'cooperation'
One hand washs the other ;D :pompom: :pompom: :nopompom:

• Mo
  • Chef de Partie

• May 11, 2022, 18:09:23
  • more
Reply #7 on: April 07, 2022, 15:50:04
The hits are not soooo bad for the last days.

Reply #8 on: April 09, 2022, 20:33:28
Good to have some feedback. My experience with BandCamp is that initial listens drop off and the, over time, there are bursts of interest that come and go.

Sometimes you can tell what brought the new listeners (promoting never hurts) and sometimes it just happens.

Most importantly, now that the work is available... it CAN happen.

Looking forward to this new Kitchen Pantry filling with more tasty goodies over time. :dance: :dance: :dance:

Reply #9 on: April 09, 2022, 20:34:32
« Last Edit: April 09, 2022, 20:38:55 by 1roomstudio »
 :pompom:
Good to have some feedback. My experience with BandCamp is that initial listens drop off and then, over time, there are bursts of interest that come and go.

Sometimes you can tell what brought the new listeners (promoting never hurts) and sometimes it just happens.

EDIT:
Hmmmm sorry. Not sure what happened... fat fingers and operator error.... and apparently “modify post” does not include “cancel?”

• Bill
  • Executive Chef
  • My songs are not up for "review"

• May 14, 2022, 13:16:51
    • New England
  • more
Reply #10 on: April 20, 2022, 16:08:18
Great work everyone!  :ok:
I'm Bill and I'm just a normal guy.

xx
An instrument that inspires you?

Started by Bill on The kitchen café

16 Replies
Last post September 19, 2021, 02:39:37
by Bill
xx
Do you have any songs about trees or nature?

Started by Bill on The kitchen café

10 Replies
Last post April 13, 2021, 13:53:23
by LePlongeur
xx
Nature Sessions in April

Started by gezaman on Live performances

4 Replies
Last post July 11, 2020, 19:15:12
by gezaman
xx
Mother Nature ( FAWM #3 )