• Please Use the "Mention System" Everyone
  • Started by Bill from November Sound
Please Use the "Mention System" Everyone
on: June 22, 2020, 16:48:34
Hi Everyone,

We have a lot of new members now and we have a lot of friends returning to the kitchen!   

Hi all, in case you didn't notice I installed a mention system in the forum software. When you want to mention a kitchener/-ette just type an '@' and start typing a membername when you're posting. A list will pop up and you can select the fellow's name. The one that's being mentioned will be notified either by notification mail (if he/she enabled notifications) and see a number after 'Mentions' in the forum menu eg 'Mentions[2]' means you have been mentioned twice.

Plz use this feature as much as you can, it helps increasing the interaction on the forum. And as we all know: that's a good thing!
Cheers!
MM

This system that @Mar T. created is really helpful! So many of us are on so many social media and music making platforms that we might not even notice that someone put a comment on our thread.  :-\   If you put a comment on someone's thread please mention them so they know you did.
Type the "@" and then start typing their name, a pull down list will appear, click on the name and you're good to go!  :)  They get the notification, they reply to you, the thread stays high up in the section ... EVERYBODY is HAPPY!  :D

- Bill

Seven steps toward happiness:

1. Type "@"
2. Start typing the name
3. Click the name in the pull down list
4. OP gets notification
5. OP can reply
6. Thread stays current
7. Everyone is happy  :)
Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

November Sound is based on the Mother, Father & Son musical trio of Melissa, Bill & Will. I'm the father so anything I post will have my wife singing and/or my son playing percussion.

• MrBouzouki
  • Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
  • "Let the Creators Create" :-)

• Yesterday at 21:07:42
    • Sheffield, UK
    • https://www.facebook.com/Mr.Bouzouki.Music/ https://www.youtube.com/user/MisterBouzouki https://soundcloud.com/mrbouzouki
  • more
Re: Please Use the "Mention System" Everyone
Reply #1 on: June 28, 2020, 12:06:44
I'm sometimes guilty of this Bill @Bill from November Sound  ... must try harder :-)

::OSMAN:: ::OSMAN:: ::OSMAN::
"Love and Life is all about connections"

• LePlongeur
  • Sous Chef
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Today at 07:38:01
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 09:40:28
Hi Everyone,

We have a lot of new members now and we have a lot of friends returning to the kitchen!   

Hi all, in case you didn't notice I installed a mention system in the forum software. When you want to mention a kitchener/-ette just type an '@' and start typing a membername when you're posting. A list will pop up and you can select the fellow's name. The one that's being mentioned will be notified either by notification mail (if he/she enabled notifications) and see a number after 'Mentions' in the forum menu eg 'Mentions[2]' means you have been mentioned twice.

Plz use this feature as much as you can, it helps increasing the interaction on the forum. And as we all know: that's a good thing!
Cheers!
MM

This system that @Mar T. created is really helpful! So many of us are on so many social media and music making platforms that we might not even notice that someone put a comment on our thread.  :-\   If you put a comment on someone's thread please mention them so they know you did.
Type the "@" and then start typing their name, a pull down list will appear, click on the name and you're good to go!  :)  They get the notification, they reply to you, the thread stays high up in the section ... EVERYBODY is HAPPY!  :D

- Bill

1. Type "@"
2. Start typing the name
4. OP gets notification
5. OP can reply
6. Thread stays current

Don't want to be a spoil sport, @Bill from November Sound  but please can you tell me what an OP is.
Abbreviations are still a hurdle for me.
Or to me.
One day I'll know what I am doing.
Thank you!
Kind regards, Gus

Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 14:02:22
Hi @LePlongeur 
OP stands for original poster   

• LePlongeur
  • Sous Chef

• Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #4 on: July 01, 2020, 15:52:05
Everyday I learn something.
Thank you!
Kind regards, Gus

Reply #5 on: July 04, 2020, 15:53:12
You will be happy!
If you follow these 7 easy steps.
 :thumbsup:

1. Type "@"
2. Start typing the name
4. OP gets notification
5. OP can reply
6. Thread stays current

• LePlongeur
  • Sous Chef

• Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #6 on: July 04, 2020, 22:02:31
Some time ago, I tried to make more people happy. I admit that the first mistake was a mistake.But after the first one, the mistakes were so funny that I really grinned repeating them. And after a while everybody tried to make more people happy. And accusing others for trying too hard.
Grinning around da Kitchen. A great name for sloppy posting. @Bill from November Sound
If I say: shall I make billy happy too (on the fold out list in second place), you’ll think I have something in mind.......
Kind regards, Gus

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• Yesterday at 21:50:14
  • more
Reply #7 on: July 04, 2020, 22:32:02
Some time ago, I tried to make more people happy. I admit that the first mistake was a mistake.But after the first one, the mistakes were so funny that I really grinned repeating them. And after a while everybody tried to make more people happy. And accusing others for trying too hard.
Grinning around da Kitchen. A great name for sloppy posting. @Bill from November Sound
If I say: shall I make billy happy too (on the fold out list in second place), you’ll think I have something in mind.......
Kind regards, Gus

go ahead ...

@LePlongeur
a weirdly focussed... strange topic this
me, myself, and Pie

• Mar T.
  • Senior Site Administrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • Pay it forward! (watch that movie..)

• Today at 03:01:13
    • Duiven
    • http://twitter.com/MartiMediaSC http://www.facebook.com/MartiMedia http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEBmQkchurQ https://soundcloud.com/martimedia
  • more
Reply #8 on: July 07, 2020, 02:28:23
On topic: imo @Bill from November Sound is absolutely right, great promotion of the tagging/mentioning feature! It encourages interaction and that's what we want don't we? Cheers for bringing this subject up again Bill!
I'm proud of this track, check it out! https://soundcloud.com/martimedia/dreams

xx
Please use the Mention system kitcheners!

Started by Mar T. on Forum News/Updates

22 Replies
Last post February 28, 2017, 13:19:11
by Goatrelated
question
New Album "helloWorld" / Christmas Song "Cristmas Kiss"

Started by TrevorGilligan on Songs for review

2 Replies
Last post December 17, 2017, 16:58:04
by TrevorGilligan
smiley
Lance Houck - "Caterpillar" from the album "Let There Be Music"