• Senior Site Administrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • Pay it forward! (watch that movie..)

• Yesterday at 20:54:23
    • Duiven
  • more
The (recent) Kitchen survey results
on: March 30, 2019, 01:17:12
Hi dear kitcheneers/kitchenauts/kitchenettes!

Recently we teased you all to answer a few questions in an anonymous 'kitchen experience' survey, so we could all see where we stand, who we are and to make sure we're all happy in our kitchen..
Before we present the result I'd like to thank the kitchen staff ( especially @Bill from November Sound  for setting up the survey, and @Dutchbeat for providing us with a pdf with the results ) for thinking along and being open to feedback from our community.

We'd also like to thank everybody for responding.. We've had more than 50 responses, I think that's fantastic!

The results are in the attachment. And we're curious about your feelings! Does the outcome/result correspond with how YOU feel in our kitchen?
Let us know ok? All I can say is that we (staff) are quite happy with the results!

There were individual answers/responses to some of the survey questions, which have been left out of our presentation of the results (the pdf), but no worries, we've been listening.. So everybody who took time to write in free format: thank you so much!!

Cheers!! And always feel free to respond to this message/the results (in the attachment)..
Mar T.
:mart:
I'm proud of this track, check it out! https://soundcloud.com/martimedia/dreams

• Mar T.
  • Michelin Starred Chef

• Duiven
  • more
Re: The (recent) Kitchen survey results
Reply #1 on: April 07, 2019, 03:31:39
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 03:36:49 by Mar T. »
Giving this one a gentle bump.. Kitchen fellows.. we tried to share the 'general perception' of our kitchen, and we hope to receive some feedback from everyone, especially our friends around who missed the survey.. Does everybody agree the results summarize who we are?

PM me if you're not able to reply to this thread, maybe I forgot to allow responding..  ;) ;)

Cheers!!
Mar T.

Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 21:36:29
Missed this one untill now but the bump worked.
Looked at the results - they seem quite logical and promising. What have you ( @Mar T.  - @Dutchbeat  @Bill from November Sound   learned from the full-text answers? Any changes coming to the Forum?
recommending https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_Music_Works "How music works", book by David Byrne.

• Mar T.
  • Michelin Starred Chef

• Duiven
  • more
Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 01:20:42
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 01:43:28 by Mar T. »
Hey @oorlab , thank you for your reply! Yes we were happy with the results and to us they sounded logical as well..
From the individual responses we've learned that:
-We all wish that everybody gives a bit more than he/she takes, it's needed to spark the interaction in the kitchen and keep it going.. Some folks are seriously irritated when people drop by with oneliners like: 'Give me feedback on my new album!' and giving us (as a community of musical friends all over the world) nothing in return. On the other hand, some members are clear about what they give, and they do.. We see these members and from our nature, we'll give THEM the attention they need.
Most of us know: Give a little bit more that you take, and we'll keep the interaction going. And in the end, that's the best result for everybody.. Cause that assures us there will be somebody listening to our songs.. We don't want the kitchen to be a list of showcased songs, all with zero replies do we?
-Not everybody is active in music making every day, hence they come to and go from to the kitchen in waves. In a lot of cases members return after a while.
-Some are appreciating that we are trying to set a friendly atmosphere here, some of us even met on this forum and see each other in real life for real!
-Some need a bit more serious feedback  before publishing one of their songs, while others are here because we're a bit silly (it even needs to be silly-er for these folks). All in all our humour and silly-ness seems to be appreciated. And I'd like to add that to our unique selling points list.. What's a day when you didn't have some fun? We need that humour!
-Some like to see more in depth critique about the song they just posted. At least point out some 'negatives' instead of being all positive. Most of us (although we all seem to be sensitive creators) know that all critique supplied is just 'personal taste', instead of 'telling what's right or wrong'.
-Some like to see more intel on how to write songs (eg in the Songwriter Ingredients section)
-Some want to connect more with the music industry
-We've refined our HRM profile, for our HRM recruiting team ( @Dutchbeat and @Goatrelated )..   

I hope this sketches a bit more detail to the general results. I'm not sure there are leads that need a 'change in the forum'. Most of them are about 'who we are' and 'what we want', resulting in an image of perception of our community..

So let's ask everybody what we can do in our community to add that detail. I think of: different types of challenges, more chit-chat, more Songwriting Ingredients, more expertise to share in writing songs, or writing lyrics.. Tell us everybody! How can we, help each other even better than we already do? Your comment/reply is very welcome!

Cheers everybody and thanks for catching up @oorlab !

Mar T.

EDIT: I'm terrible at public speaking, so I kept reiterating this post until I thought it said what I wanted to say in public ;-)

xx
Kitchen survey in your mailbox!

Started by Mar T. on The kitchen café

8 Replies
Last post March 01, 2019, 16:53:53
by LePlongeur
xx
The Kitchen Cover Competition 2016 - RESULTS

Started by Mar T. on Challenges

91 Replies
Last post September 25, 2016, 09:44:55
by Jurgen
grin
2016 Kitchen Spring Competition - RESULTS!

54 Replies
Last post June 13, 2016, 17:59:12
by Goatrelated
question
The 'Magic Words' kitchen challenge - VOTING thread - RESULTS ARE IN!

39 Replies
Last post July 23, 2019, 20:40:52
by MrBouzouki
exclamation
The 2nd Kitchen Cover Competition Voting Thread - The RESULTS!

133 Replies
Last post August 01, 2017, 16:13:19
by Olbigead