• Global Moderator
  • Executive Chef
  • Guest Chef

• Yesterday at 20:18:00
    • Terra Firma
  • more
Re: Life from another planet
Reply #15 on: January 25, 2019, 14:04:52
Vintage and amazing Zappa there, Gus!!!!!!
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

"In a world of robotic conformity, the only originality left in music is the imperfections" Eric Craptone

"Special thanks to Steve Gleason for making me who I am today." Leonard Scaper

Lenny's Tunes: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=540680

https://soundcloud.com/vincentgleason

Re: Life from another planet
Reply #16 on: January 25, 2019, 17:28:04
I don’t know about God being an alien @Timothy Smith , I believe in God, but so far I haven’t met her or him.
The Beatles made Rain which after some three years won me over, but I didn’t think much of the tinny, one demensional beginning.

And is this the way to treat the people that queued for hours and paid to see you perform?

This threat is half joking about aliens and all. But it’s also half wondering what happened (what mechanism was working) that performances like this could lead to Beatlemania.

Kind regards, Gus

Gus I agree, Ya that comment seemed kind of rude. Maybe "tongue" in cheek sort of half in jest.....but still.  Not sure how old you are. I was only 4 years old in 1966, so I wasn't  living those  events in the moment like maybe a teen would be. Of course they were still playing that music when I was older . I heard the recordings but was never caught up in the mayhem when the Beatles came over. It seemed to be a mostly female thing then from looking at these videos. I later bought  Paul Mcartney's  album from the band Wings and loved it at the time.

By today's standards the music wasn't very good. I dunno, why did thousands of people stand up and shout "Heil Hitler"? He was a rock god of sorts was he not? You have probably seen those videos. I attribute much of that to his press agent.
If you put the Beatles picture in every teen magazine a few months before they came over and had a lot of press preparing them it would be like this huge build up all waiting to explode. They didn't have much else going on back then. Life was much more bland from an entertainment perspective. So the Beatles come over and POW!!.

If anything, I think it shows how easy it was to manipulate people.

xx
Life in Real Life

Started by TheMrHall on Songs for review

0 Replies
Last post September 11, 2015, 00:36:18
by TheMrHall
xx
In Another Life

Started by digger72 on Songs for review

5 Replies
Last post October 24, 2013, 19:56:49
by benjo