• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
  • "Let the Creators Create" :-)

• Yesterday at 15:02:59
    • Sheffield, UK
  • more
An interesting interview with the new Gibson CEO - a breath of fresh air

"Love and Life is all about connections"

@MrBouzouki love me epiphones, down to oasis for them and obviously the beatles but i would love a gibson hummingbird one day just to have a gibson guitar!
fly away and find my peace of mind...
http://soundcloud.com/man-of-simple-pleasures

Thanks for posting @MrBouzouki   I'm always interested in business stuff (as a former business owner myself before retiring)

As a company they lost their way, it will be interesting to see in a diminishing market (people making more computer music and not wanting to put in the time to learn to play) if they can turn it around. As a general rule if you've lost a customer their gone and not coming back.

We will see what happens.

• LePlongeur
  • Chef de Partie
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Today at 16:32:40
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Thanks for posting @MrBouzouki   I'm always interested in business stuff (as a former business owner myself before retiring)

As a company they lost their way, it will be interesting to see in a diminishing market (people making more computer music and not wanting to put in the time to learn to play) if they can turn it around. As a general rule if you've lost a customer their gone and not coming back.

We will see what happens.

Thank you for posting @MrBouzouki and I agree with @Vince:
They got their head quarters at the IJ, the river intersecting Amsterdam.
And that is not because we are such a great folk.

If you need 3/4 of an hour to bla about your guitars, IMO you still don't know what it's about.
In my racket, the guideline was: If you can't explain in 5 minutes why you are great, don't.

Washing his hair might help too.
What was the last thing they introduced that won me over? and with age the short term memory is affected.
OK, my 5 minutes are gone.
Kind regards, Gus

" If you can't explain in 5 minutes why you are great, don't."  @LePlongeur 

It's called an elevator speech in popular marketing and sales - if your on an elevator with someone and you only have that amount of time to present yourself and get them interested before the elevator (lift) stops and they get out (or run for their lives)

Even people making music need one - you never know who you may meet and you often never get a second chance.

• Leonard Scaper
  • Global Moderator
  • Executive Chef
  • Guest Chef

• Yesterday at 21:41:59
    • Terra Firma
  • more
Yeah...everything I have read indicates that Gibson took some wrong turns.

My 1971 SG is a thing of beauty but I think things went down quickly for them after that in the 70's.

I have a 1933 Kalamazoo that was made in their original factory. That guitar has amazing tone and still plays pretty well after 86 years.

I wish them luck. I would not buy a new Gibson.
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

"In a world of robotic conformity, the only originality left in music is the imperfections" Eric Craptone

"Special thanks to Steve Gleason for making me who I am today." Leonard Scaper

Lenny's Tunes: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=540680

https://soundcloud.com/vincentgleason