Author Topic: our own thread: for the European kitchen summit  (Read 536 times)

Offline junemay

• Poissonier
  • Karma coins: 87
    • Soundcloud
Re: our own thread: for the European kitchen summit
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2018, 08:02:48 »
Hi you all,

like the idea, but will unfortunately not be able to make it.

Have fun!!

Fabian

Offline Katze Konigsberg

• Patissier
  • Karma coins: 62
  • Karma Hunter
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2018, 14:08:38 »
@Siobhan Dakay, maybe this is also something for you?  ;D :D it would be great to meet you finally in person!! :)

Offline LePlongeur

• Rotisseur
  • Karma coins: 99
  • In Tartiflette we trust
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2018, 16:45:26 »
Hi
@Mar T.
@Dutchbeat
And more in general those from the management using big red letters.
Thank you for inviting me to the celebration meet up, but Iím afraid that I wonít be able to make it.
Still traveling most probably.

But I believe somebody said: I will be there in spirit....
Thatís exactly what I plan to do. That, plus waiting in anticipation for the sheer-lunatic clips it will produce.

I check in a couple of times per week, to see what you all have been up to. And to hug new Kitcheners. And hugging is what I do best.

Kind regards, Gus

Offline Pleudoniem

• Vegetable Chef
  • Karma coins: 28
  • Feed the Muse
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2018, 17:38:33 »
I am not sure yet, but the idea sounds great. One difficulty will be if all can be managed in a weekend. Possibly I can arrange something with @oorlab, as we live in the same city. I haven't hear about his plans yet, but from what I've read he has already agreed, hasn't he?
Pleudoniem: composer; bass guitarist; guitarist; singer; drummer; tap-guitarist - o, and yes... erm- a bit of keys. Open for collabs.
SoundCloud Page: https://soundcloud.com/pleudoniem

Offline oorlab

• Rotisseur
  • Karma coins: 221
  • savoir vivre
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2018, 21:56:32 »
@Pleudoniem @Dutchbeat @Mar T.  and other Dutch fellow kitchencomrades - will block the weekend of 7-9 september. Trier or Koblenz, or may be Luxemburg should be great.
recommending https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_Music_Works "How music works", book by David Byrne.

Offline Pleudoniem

• Vegetable Chef
  • Karma coins: 28
  • Feed the Muse
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2018, 23:31:56 »
@oorlab  7-9 is 3 days. What do you propose exactly?

Offline Dutchbeat

• MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • Karma coins: 1282
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2018, 17:38:46 »
hi @Pleudoniem
we are trying to see whether we can organise a weekend to celebrate when the kitchen exists for 5 years in september....in a house with enough space so that everyone has its own room, here is so more information about this:

the idea is to have a kitchen summit meeting when the kitchen celebrates it's fifth anniversary in september, probably in the weekend of 7, 8 and 9th of september....

location probably will be somewhere around Trier or south of Trier / the Eifel in Germany, to keep the driving distances for all a bit equal??...

and of course we can organise some kitchen car pooling from the Netherlands...depending on the interest

the idea of these kitchen summits is that we hire a nice house with enough room, and....very importantly no neighboors, so usually out in some nice wood, and everyone takes some instrument, some food and / or some creative ideas, soem recording equipment and from there we just see what happens, but the meeting center about songcooking, so songwriting and eating, oh  ::) ::) ::) ::) and ok, some modest drinking  :) :) :)....because on the summits bloody marti's are free the entire weekend... ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::

i hope some more members want to try this, trust me having been to these summits a lot myself  ;D ;D ;D it is fun.....and it would be a great way to celebrate the first lustrum of the kitchen forum

and @Bill from November Sound @Vince @Leonard Scaper...would the weekend of 7, 8 and 9th of september be an option to try to set up a US kitchen summit at the same time, or  a skype connection in some way....to have a joint celebration / birthday party on the kitchen's fifth birthday??

as you can tell  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D i would like to have a meeting like this  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D

so far i think @Mar T. @Katze Konigsberg @oorlab @Goatrelated @budhabuilding @Mark Luto and @me have expressed to be in for this, and it would be nice if some more regular kitcheners want to join
I lost it...ages ago

Offline Dutchbeat

• MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2018, 20:09:38 »
@Pleudoniem @Mar T. @Katze Konigsberg @oorlab @Goatrelated @budhabuilding @Mark Luto and @all_others who are not from the Netherlands....

To explain what our kitchen summit meetings are like.... i think it is good to know a bit more about how summits with Dutch people are in general first  ;D ;D ;D ;D...:

everything in this video is true.....!!!

but...Kitchen summits are completely different  ;D ;D :blackgrin: :blackgrin: :blackgrin:

Online Mar T.

• Senior Site Administrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • Karma coins: 1600
  • Pay it forward! (watch that movie..)
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2018, 00:59:55 »
 ;D ;D ;D +100 @Dutchbeat !! Lol! Great video... The missing part was the --> :mhm: .. A lot of Heineken in summits..  ::thumb:: ::thumb::

Offline siennalittle

• Poissonier
  • Karma coins: 135
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2018, 12:56:16 »
Hi guys (and gals!),

I've barely been playing lately, let alone writing.
So I think I'd be more of a burden than an asset  :P
Journalist by day, singer-songwriter at night

Offline Dutchbeat

• MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2018, 21:14:32 »
needless to say @siennalittle you would be very very welcome

i really never wrote songs myself to begin with  ;D ;D ;D, so....why not try to run a songwriterforum  ;D ;D ;D

and i stopped / paused doing that thing resembling songwriting a few times in life

but it is more a way of living, being a songwriter  8) 8) 8).... regardless.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

and...these summits are like that too, it doesn't matter what we do, we usually end up in some creative proccess anyway
or just fun, a good vibe, or...inspiration  :o :o :o :o, that type of thing  ::headphone::

no really... ::) ::) ::), ok...that sounds bad.... 8) ::) but  :P :P :P kitchen summits are fun...

and: Luxemburg sounds good to me...as a neutral place... for the first European kitchen summit ;D ;D ;D

would that be ok for you: @oorlab @Katze Konigsberg @Mark Luto @Mar T. @Goatrelated @budhabuilding @Pleudoniem and @myself
and perhaps @siennalittle

i think Mark will have the longest distance to travel...but...
how about Luxemburg?

Online Mar T.

• Senior Site Administrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • Karma coins: 1600
  • Pay it forward! (watch that movie..)
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2018, 02:20:06 »
i really never wrote songs myself to begin with  ;D ;D ;D, so....why not try to run a songwriterforum  ;D ;D ;D

Hahahaha @Dutchbeat !! +100 !!

Luxembourg will be fine for me, the mentioned weekend of 7-9 september as well. I'll bring my complete recording set, we GOT to create a few songs together than as well, ok? Promised?
Great to hear so much interest, I'd love to meet you @Mark Luto , @Pleudoniem , @oorlab , @budhabuilding , @siennalittle, @Katze Konigsberg  and see you again @Dutchbeat and @Goatrelated ! Let's make this happen!

Cheers,
:mart:

Offline Katze Konigsberg

• Patissier
  • Karma coins: 62
  • Karma Hunter
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2018, 10:45:42 »
Luxemburg sounds also good to me! i have never been there. I also have never been to the netherlands!! but luxemburg for the first step is nice i guess!! :)

Offline Dutchbeat

• MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2018, 18:04:34 »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D i will look for options for a potential venue (i mean: a big holiday house with no neighboors nearby) in Luxemburg or near Luxemburg, and everyone of course can then decide whether they can, and want to, make it to there later on, ok?

but do keep the dates 7 till 9 of september pencilled as an option in your calendars, ok?

@Mark Luto , @Pleudoniem , @oorlab , @budhabuilding , @Katze Konigsberg @Mar T. @Dutchbeat and @Goatrelated
(and perhaps... also @Kozo and @ajwvdberg and @siennalittle... oh and @LePlongeur ....would be nice if you could stop by from your big travel too anyway  ;D ;D ;D )

what are the esssentials for the venue we are going to be looking for?  ::) ??? ??? ???

so far i think:
1. most importantly: no neighboors anywhere nearby.. who could be bothered by sound / music
2. plenty of rooms for all (duh  :P)
3. extremely fast Wifi! (a must)
4. a super well-equipped kitchen to allow for haute-the-cuisine cooking that always marks the kitchen summits  ;D ;D ;D (right?.... @Goatrelated  ;D ;D ;D and @Mar T. ?)
and
5....[....add your personal demands for the kitchen summit venue here......]

and for everyone i am forgetting....
please pin your location on the kitchen member map...so that we have some rough idea where you are located (in a very global sense, you can pin... that pin...wherever you want, no need to be accurate)

« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 21:15:24 by Dutchbeat »

Offline Kozo

• Apprentice
  • Karma coins: 4
  • Looking for that sweet escape
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2018, 21:17:59 »
I won't be able to come, sadly. I'm never very comfortable too far away from home honestly. Sorry

xx
How about an Eastern US kitchen summit?

Started by Bill from November Sound on Life

14 Replies
Last post May 07, 2018, 16:12:26
by Vince
xx
Kitchen Summit Trump-et edition

Started by Mar T. on Forum News/Updates

38 Replies
Last post November 07, 2017, 01:52:44
by Mar T.
xx
Dutch and Mar T. Kitchen Summit in a few weeks

Started by Mar T. on Forum News/Updates

13 Replies
Last post March 25, 2017, 03:18:12
by Goatrelated
xx
Congratulations Marti !!!!! (kitchen summit film)

Started by Dutchbeat on Life

9 Replies
Last post March 26, 2018, 08:34:39
by Goatrelated
xx
Input from our kitcheners to the kitchen staff - Summit 2017 #2

Started by Mar T. on Life

32 Replies
Last post October 18, 2017, 01:04:08
by Mar T.

granny-blade