• Executive Chef
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Yesterday at 19:53:22
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Re: Dead Man's Shirt
Reply #15 on: January 22, 2020, 18:55:13
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 18:58:55 by LePlongeur »
@Bill from November Sound brings to my attention that I have been too overbearing and too rude to you.
And @Jurgen (like my nephew) I am not too big or self imposed to offer you my apologies from fire fighter to firefighter. Or from former volunteer at the animal Red Cross to wombat.

I may have been rude or blunt (only you can decide) but apart from this nasty characteristic, I have tried to be as honest As I could.
Some distance from your micro phone would upgrade your live performance a lot. Please.

Anyway, I hope to make amends, since I really had no intention to bully you out of da Kitchen. So sincerely sorry if I somehow brought you distress.
I am still a fan of your music. Keep on keepin’ on! Please. To avoid further misunderstanding.
Kind regards, Gus

• Jurgen
  • Sous Chef
  • Just strumming away

• March 03, 2020, 21:01:03
    • Sydney, Australia
  • more
Reply #16 on: January 22, 2020, 21:53:58
All good @LePlongeur  - I was absolutely fine with your comments.

lyrics - yes always good to post them - I never think to with live music posts - but these probably need them more.

Mic technique - that's some good feedback. I really don't know what I'm doing re singing - advice I had been given was to "eat the mic" and get as close as possible. My voice isn't loud so that made sense to me. A lot of the PAs we use aren't great and I think my voice would disappear if I stood back.

But I have rehearsals tonight (with a new band) and I'll be singing some of the songs I've posted demos of on here, so will try putting in some distance between me and mic.

And thank you @Bill from November Sound for "defending" me against such an onslaught  ;D

We have a great community here - people helping each other and good humour as well!

cheers

• LePlongeur
  • Executive Chef
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Yesterday at 19:53:22
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #17 on: January 23, 2020, 04:35:19
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 04:38:30 by LePlongeur »
Great @Jurgen, now we have that out of the way, I can clarify perhaps what I meant a little better.
If you look at the history - lessons, I mean old material from the seekers and stuff from half a century ago, you see that the singers take a 25cm/10 inch distance from the microphone.
Somewhere along the line that gap is gradually bridged.

The only way you can objectify it, is by recording it. You’re playing the guitar, sing, keep in touch with band mates plus do what every guy does: think about s.e.x. 36 times per minute. It’s no wonder some things have to give.

There’s a balance. Either too close, Bass rich and losing diction or far off a bit thin and easier to understand. You’re a good musician; if you can pull this level of musicality live. So I am fully confident that you’ll figure it out. And i’ll be back to listen!

Kind regards, Gus

Btw the firefighter and volunteer bit is true. So I think I can begin to understand what these people go through. They have far too much on their fork to chew away. And I am grateful not to be in their shoes.

xx
Dead Man Walking

Started by Dave Bradley on Songs for review

7 Replies
Last post May 03, 2014, 16:57:16
by Dave Bradley
xx
The Dead Man's Rhapsody with Monty

Started by Monty Cash Music on Songs for review

8 Replies
Last post November 25, 2020, 16:57:52
by Bill from November Sound