• Don't Know Why - Live Cover on an old, old, old piano .....
  • Started by Bill from November Sound
It was our 20th Wedding Anniversary so we headed up to Quebec City, Quebec ... we hadn't been there in 20 years! We stayed at Domaine Les Boisés Lee Farm in Stanstead, Quebec and they have a beautiful old piano!  :)

So continuing the Melissa & Bill summer journeys of finding pianos at bed and breakfasts .... we asked permission first, of course, and well .... here it is ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TE3rBFAFug&feature=youtu.be
Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

November Sound is based on the Mother, Father & Son musical trio of Melissa, Bill & Will. I'm the father so anything I post will have my wife singing and/or my son playing percussion.

• MichaelA
  • Chef de Partie
  • Songwriting Addict

• July 13, 2019, 00:08:34
    • Somewhere near Liverpool, UK
    • HTTPS//:soundcloud.com/Michael-a-duffy
  • more
Well I love this occasional series of you and your musical wife playing and singing at various hostelries, Bill. They are always such quality pieces of entertainment and this particular offering is no exception.

Seriously, I think this could be a TV series that you could credibly pitch to a network. You basically research a dozen or so great pianos in hotels or bed and breakfasts. Then, each episode,  there would be some film of you and Melissa travelling there. then meeting the owners and talking about the history of the place and/or maybe their family. The climax being the piano/vocal duet. It's a simple format, but surely a winner in my book.

Plus, you would get a few free trips!

OK ...the world is waiting!  :ok:
If you like novels with a musical theme, why not try 'Sixth Beatle - When Music Changed The World', easily found on Amazon and Google. It is amazing, although as the author I may be biased!

• Leonard Scaper
  • Global Moderator
  • Executive Chef
  • Guest Chef

• Today at 20:28:28
    • Terra Firma
  • more
What a fantastic performance....so emotive from both of you......and well captured too.

Happy Anniversary!
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

"In a world of robotic conformity, the only originality left in music is the imperfections" Eric Craptone

"Special thanks to Steve Gleason for making me who I am today." Leonard Scaper

Lenny's Tunes: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=540680

https://soundcloud.com/vincentgleason

So sweet. A joy to watch and listen to. How it should be.  ::heart::
Do what makes your heart sing :)

I love these special performances! Really all are adventure @Bill from November Sound
I did not know that to live I had to die so many times
My Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow
My Vimeo Songs of Thought channel:
https://vimeo.com/channels/moraamarolaloba
My Vimeo Downtempo channel:
https://vimeo.com/channels/moramarolalobadowntempo

Thank you @Leonard Scaper , @Kellyanneg  and @Mora Amaro La Loba ....we are very thankful for your kind words.  :)
I know it's just a cover and hardly belongs on a songwriter site .... but at least you get an idea of what we do.
Well @MichaelA ... what can I say? You may have just created a monster!  >:D
Let's start with England shall we? Perhaps you know some friendly B&B owners over there? Lol  :dance:  :D

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• Today at 20:37:54
  • more
 :thumbsup:

@Bill from November Sound and Melissa, you guys are awesome, such a great performance. the two camera angles, the light and dark contrasts in the light, and subtle fade out at places...fantastic video, and a spot on performance of you two  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: a like from me for this youtube video

i guess when you travel ....you like to find a piano at the place you are staying  :shinyteeth: :shinyteeth: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:
me, myself, and Pie

That is true @Dutchbeat  ... maybe there are some pianos over there in The Netherlands?  :shinyteeth: @MichaelA  got us thinking that this can be our reality show!!!  :D
Thank you for the kind words. I have been working very hard to upgrade our video recordings so I really appreciate you noticing!
I know I need to do this with some original songs as well. ... but I mainly have covers right now. 

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• Today at 20:37:54
  • more
 ;D ;D ;D @Bill from November Sound consider those pianos arranged  :shinyteeth:

for when you come over to the Netherlands.......and Belgium.. :shinyteeth: :shinyteeth:

• MichaelA
  • Chef de Partie
  • Songwriting Addict

• July 13, 2019, 00:08:34
    • Somewhere near Liverpool, UK
    • HTTPS//:soundcloud.com/Michael-a-duffy
  • more
Hi @Bill from November Sound , well I have just Googled it and there are quite a few small hotels and b&b's over here with a piano. There is even one here in Liverpool. But of course my wife and I would put you up for a night if you ever made it this far, so you would just have to put up with my irig synth, but the catering and wine would be better!

Seriously though, you are really onto something with this. Imagine TV researchers reaching out for 'pianos with a story'. It could get very emotional as people recalled for example their late grandparent on that piano, with all their colourful life stories. Or else pianos in establishments that had been played by famous musicians, and the stories of their visit.

There could be a lot of history and life storytelling in each episode, before the climax each time of you and Melissa doing your fab piano and singing routine, with follow up appreciation from the hosts of the 'piano with history'.

Just add some preamble and human interest to your own performance - and then this thing could be TV gold!  ;D  :ok:

I'd go for it if I were you!!!

Thanks @realkevm ! Greatly appreciated!

And thanks @Dutchbeat  and @MichaelA   .... you've given me another thing to worry about. I'm freaking out, now. A TV show on top of everything else?  :P

• LePlongeur
  • Sous Chef
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Today at 15:12:34
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Congratulations with your 20th anniversary!
In NL we congratulate the three of you, also with birthdays - don't know why, in France they congratulate the two of you. That makes more sense.

And I didn't read all the posts in detail but it seems like in the Kitchen nobody's congratulating anyone.
So an extra special one from the warmest place in NL.

Another difference:
- Italy: One kiss on the cheek
- France: Two, on each cheek one
- NL: Three, left, right, left cheek

Erica Something (writer) defined Europe by the way loo's were build.
Perhaps it's an idea, for you to make an assessment of Europe by kissing.

But apart from this in depth sociology, HAPPY anniversary!
Kind regards, Gus

Hello @LePlongeur . Melissa and I thank you for the congratulations. And in the tradition of the New Englander I warmly stand within 4 feet (1.2 meters) of your personal space, smile and nod in your direction.  :lol:  ha,ha
Actually it has taken me some time to learn to be more affectionate with people. We just didn't do that. Still awkward ... but I'm getting better at delivering my awkward man hugs.  :makeitup:
Wait ... what is this thread even about?  ::)  ???

• LePlongeur
  • Sous Chef
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Today at 15:12:34
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Hello @LePlongeur . Melissa and I thank you for the congratulations. And in the tradition of the New Englander I warmly stand within 4 feet (1.2 meters) of your personal space, smile and nod in your direction.  :lol:  ha,ha
Actually it has taken me some time to learn to be more affectionate with people. We just didn't do that. Still awkward ... but I'm getting better at delivering my awkward man hugs.  :makeitup:
Wait ... what is this thread even about?  ::)  ???

About you assimilating in Dutch society.
When you get here.
You don't have to punish yourself and get cudly and warm.
You be your splendid self @Bill from November Sound and you'll do just fine.
It's not totally normal for men to kiss men in NL (as it is in Italy and France for instance) so you'll cross that bridge.....

Have a nice weekend.
Kind regards, Gus

xx
Always (Bon Jovi-piano and vocal cover) LIVE VIDEO! Eek!

Started by LostBoy on Live performances

15 Replies
Last post December 04, 2016, 11:00:24
by Dara
xx
Live and very informal cover of "Our Love is Here to Stay" on an 1890's piano.

Started by Bill from November Sound on Live performances

10 Replies
Last post December 28, 2018, 16:00:54
by Marcus Nalgaber
xx
You don't know me (Christy/Mar T.)- Production feedback needed -Live on SC!

Started by Mar T. on Songs for review

50 Replies
Last post December 28, 2017, 01:00:28
by Mar T.
xx
Very very live cover

Started by Nic on Live performances

6 Replies
Last post August 13, 2017, 21:35:23
by MrBouzouki
xx
I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm - live cover