• Finally posted a live video that is not a cover
  • Started by Bill from November Sound
Finally posted a live video that is not a cover
on: August 26, 2019, 00:47:13
Okay, yes, often live performances from me are covers .... but we're songwriters right? Sorry.  :-\
Here's a live one that is actually one of our own songs.  :yes:
"Undercover Hero ( Now That I Know)" - acoustic style at the local vineyard.

Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

November Sound is based on the Mother, Father & Son musical trio of Melissa, Bill & Will. I'm the father so anything I post will have my wife singing and/or my son playing percussion.

Re: Finally posted a live video that is not a cover
Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 06:01:56
Good song! Adorable styling in the vocals and really like the blend of the keyboard with the ukulele!  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::

Very nice sounding room... just enough bounce to make it lively without any frequencies fighting.

Did you do the set up for the video? Looks great... with one odd thing that I actually think is kinda campy and charming... I got a kick out of seeing your head bob out from behind the Mrs. When Camera 2 was on... you two are cute! 😎

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• Today at 18:08:26
  • more
Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 18:23:05
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: @Bill from November Sound

o wow, that is such a nice optimistic song and a fantastic performance. You november Sound guys...are the best, give my compliments to the other two November Sounds from the Netherlands  ::thumb::

and i subscribed to the November Sound Youtube channel
me, myself, and Pie

• Mar T.
  • Senior Site Administrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • Pay it forward! (watch that movie..)

• Today at 00:16:09
    • Duiven
    • http://twitter.com/MartiMediaSC http://www.facebook.com/MartiMedia http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEBmQkchurQ https://soundcloud.com/martimedia
  • more
Reply #3 on: August 26, 2019, 23:19:23
Oooh what a treat to listen to you all!! Did I already disclose that I'm a fan? Thanks for sharing my friends!!

Cheers, Love and Peace,
Mar T.
:mart:
I'm proud of this track, check it out! https://soundcloud.com/martimedia/dreams

Reply #4 on: August 27, 2019, 02:36:21
@Bill from November Sound love it...and better than covers.  :pompom:
Do what makes your heart sing :)

Reply #5 on: August 27, 2019, 22:20:44
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 22:24:00 by Vince »
@Bill from November Sound   I like the way you give the ukulele room to breath in your arrangement.  It must be nice to slip in an original one in once in a while and have people like it.

My covers never sound like the song I'm covering so who wants to hear that? You guys are very talented and I'm glad your carving out a following in the North East and on the YouTube.

Right now your my favorite on YouTube in front of The Middle Kids, First Aid Kit, and the Mona Lisa Twins.

Vince

• robertkc
  • Rotisseur
  • Karma Hunter

• February 01, 2020, 04:07:07
    • Vancouver Island
    • https://soundcloud.com/user-564042721
  • more
Reply #6 on: August 30, 2019, 02:52:04
@Bill from November Sound I enjoyed the feel of the song, the arrangement and especially the vocal performance- relaxed and with a kind of modern quirky lightness. ::thumb:: ::thumb::
Hard to pickout the lyrics with a live recording: I`m sure they came across to those fortunate folks in the room.

Robert

Reply #7 on: August 30, 2019, 03:09:27
Good point @robertkc    it is a very echo-ey and cavernous kind of room.
I forget that people don't know this song  :)
Here are the lyrics:

Verse:
Say to me you want to tell a secret.
Say to you, Im big. The truth, Ill handle it.
Say to you its best  you open up to me.
Say to me you cant give up your identity.

Chorus:
Now that I know what I know, I still feel the same about you.
Now that you know what you know, will you still feel the same about me? Wait and see.
So now I let go of the past and I wonder whats in store.
Well, I thought Id feel the same but now I think I love you more - now that I know.

Verse:
Say to me youre undercover in the day.
Say , Im not a morning person anyway.
Say to you, Your secrets always safe with me.
Say you never interfere with destiny.                 

Chorus:
Now that I know what I know, I still feel the same about you.
Now that you know what you know, will you still feel the same about me? Wait and see.
So now I let go of the past and I wonder whats in store.
Well, I thought Id feel the same but now I think I love you more - now that I know.

Bridge:
Youll always be my hero no matter where you go.
My undercover hero  - doesnt matter what I know.   .. what I know.

Reply #8 on: August 30, 2019, 03:16:24
Thank you @Vince . That is a tremendous compliment, really.

Thank you for the kind words  @Kellyanneg , @Dutchbeat & @Mar T.  that really means a lot.   :)

Thanks @1roomstudio  :) You're right about that lol  :D    I kind of have to set the cameras where I set them for this event ( an original & acoustic open mic that Melissa & I host) and sort of keep them there.

• MichaelA
  • Chef de Partie
  • Songwriting Addict

• August 31, 2019, 23:25:43
    • Somewhere near Liverpool, UK
    • HTTPS//:soundcloud.com/Michael-a-duffy
  • more
Reply #9 on: August 30, 2019, 12:37:30
This is a very sweet song and the performance seems so effortless and natural. You all blend together so well and effectively, it's almost like you are a family or something @Bill from November Sound  ;)

It would have been good to have a few crowd shots seeing as you seem to have two cameras, which could have given the viewer more of a live context. If the cameras are fixed, you could always shoot the crowd later and cajole them into playing along that you are still on stage.

Many years ago I got a crowd in a bar to give my band the best ovation ever when we came on stage, just for the sake of a video, although in truth hardly any of them had even heard us before. But everyone seemed to enjoy that - and it helped us go down well for the rest of the evening...

Anyhow, this is really well mixed and the ukulele and percussion really sit nicely when they could easily have been drowned or imbalanced in this situation.

Another delightful video, always a treat!
If you like novels with a musical theme, why not try 'Sixth Beatle - When Music Changed The World', easily found on Amazon and Google. It is amazing, although as the author I may be biased!

• Lane
  • Poissonier
  • Karma Hunter

• January 05, 2020, 06:05:18
  • more
Reply #10 on: August 30, 2019, 18:32:19
Really a nice sound @Bill from November Sound ..i DON`T THINK i have posted a video of me personally
and I think, at least in my head it make the song and much more relatable, don`t know if thats a real word or not
but I think there is much more attraction with the singer-songwriter, rather than covers..just my thought.   Lane

Reply #11 on: August 31, 2019, 00:29:12
Hi @MichaelA  .... well, you see, your advice would be excellent if there were in fact .... a crowd.
These videos don't come from our actual gigs but instead an open mic that we host as a service to our local musicians who are trying to get out there. We know how difficult it is to get a chance to perform .... especially when they are doing music that is original or otherwise off the beaten path. I'm bringing the kitchen values to my part of the world.  :yes: So I set up cameras so sometimes they get a video out of it, I collect business cards, emails and try to at least do something to help..... God knows there are plenty of musicians around here who try to make things difficult for everyone else.

At actual November Sound gigs we bring a whole different group of people (Maybe could be called a crowd....) that come to hear us perform. Our niche is places that are trying for something a little more sophisticated .... so ... usually that meams don't put up a bunch of cameras everywhere to spoil the atmosphere.  ;)

Thank you for noticing the mix on this....I really appreciate that because it is tricky to get it right in this room.

Thanks @Lane ! We try.  :) I wish I could be a singer-songwriter  :bonk: but instead I'm a songwriter-non-singer .... thanks be to Melissa.   :praise:
See .... singer-songwriters can talk in the microphone, tell you all about the songs and help the audience connect to the deeper meanings.... my songs kind of need to stand alone I guess.       

Reply #12 on: August 31, 2019, 06:29:09
@Bill from November Sound you are doing a very cool and important thing for your local musicians. Thank you!🙏🙏🙏

• MichaelA
  • Chef de Partie
  • Songwriting Addict

• August 31, 2019, 23:25:43
    • Somewhere near Liverpool, UK
    • HTTPS//:soundcloud.com/Michael-a-duffy
  • more
Reply #13 on: August 31, 2019, 09:15:27
Thanks for that context @Bill from November Sound . This all sounds very admirable and I am sure all your local musicians are appreciating your efforts. Plus they get to hear your family playing live now and again, so they are a bit spoilt really! :ok:

Reply #14 on: September 03, 2019, 03:25:17
Love it guys

xx
Siennalittle live in Antwerpen..(finally managed to render and upload the video)

Started by Dutchbeat on Live performances

21 Replies
Last post July 02, 2016, 13:33:19
by man of simple pleasures
xx
Always (Bon Jovi-piano and vocal cover) LIVE VIDEO! Eek!

Started by LostBoy on Live performances

15 Replies
Last post December 04, 2016, 11:00:24
by Dara
xx
New original, live video! - Thoughts of Oxford

Started by acoustic-alice on Live performances

9 Replies
Last post August 23, 2016, 00:46:50
by Vince
xx
DB and Budha live streaming music and video....on this link!

Started by Dutchbeat on Live performances

7 Replies
Last post December 17, 2017, 11:30:03
by Leonard Scaper
xx
Very very live cover

Started by Nic on Live performances

6 Replies
Last post August 13, 2017, 21:35:23
by MrBouzouki