Marcus

• Leonard Scaper
  • Global Moderator
  • Executive Chef
  • Guest Chef

• Today at 01:58:49
    • Terra Firma
  • more
What a perfect way to start the day in my office!!!!

I really like the guitar tone on this on this one, Marcus. Can I ask....how are you recording your guitars? Is there a real amp involved? You really get some excellent tones on your pieces and I can tell that that helps you become one with what your are playing.

I like the subtle delay you have going as well.

Very nice work here.
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

"In a world of robotic conformity, the only originality left in music is the imperfections" Eric Craptone

"Special thanks to Steve Gleason for making me who I am today." Leonard Scaper

Lenny's Tunes: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=540680

https://soundcloud.com/vincentgleason

What a perfect way to start the day in my office!!!!

I really like the guitar tone on this on this one, Marcus. Can I ask....how are you recording your guitars? Is there a real amp involved? You really get some excellent tones on your pieces and I can tell that that helps you become one with what your are playing.

I like the subtle delay you have going as well.

Very nice work here.

The recording of guitars through an amplifier is something that does not give good results in small recording studios like ours, this could be interesting if you had a very large studio and you could put an amplifier several microphones.
For that reason I always record guitars to the computer through multi-effects
I have several multi-effects guitar but my favorite for its realism is the VoiceLive 3 Extreme of TC-Helicon.
With the sounds of the studio I am always researching and trying new things, it's something I like a lot since I was young.
Thank you very much Leonard  ::thumb::

• LePlongeur
  • Chef de Partie
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Yesterday at 18:33:51
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
If you want to know @Marcus Nalgaber about how personal things are, this is the proof of that.
I like your clips and your music, but I am not happy with the delay. I fact that, I think, is the only part that I find a bit boring. Forget it, what do I know?
But your melodies and frasing/phrasing (I think itís phrasing come to think of it), I like a lot.

Beautiful clear sounds. I have a friend whose name is Chiara, which means exactly that: clear.
Your posting is almost quicker than I can listen.

I am now in the time zone, a lot of Spanish people want to be in. I hope that one day, I will be able to travel Spain from south back to north along the cero meridiano and see what special insights that will bring me.

Another great piece of music!
Kind regards, Gus

• Leonard Scaper
  • Global Moderator
  • Executive Chef
  • Guest Chef

• Terra Firma
  • more
Thanks for that, Marcus. I suspected as much about how you track your guitars. I appreciate being able to watch you play.....you let your music take you. I have learned that, with electric guitars,  when the tone is dialed up right it is so much easier to become one with the music. I was thinking about you and the way you play yesterday as I was tracking an electric guitar part for something I am working on.

Fifteen years ago I was always tracking in front of two or three small tube amps with a half dozen or so pedals. I found that getting the distortion and amp volume right, along with close micing was the key to tracking real amps in a small room. These days I use an Avid Eleven Rack and I love it. I have now found that small tube amps make great end tables.

Interesting comment about delay from you @LePlongeur , I actually quite like the delay in this song......check it out at the beginning (0:35 or so). I like adding my obvious delays in the mix, though, so I can bring them in and out. I like it when an embedded delay is just barely noticeable.

If you want to know @Marcus Nalgaber about how personal things are, this is the proof of that.
I like your clips and your music, but I am not happy with the delay. I fact that, I think, is the only part that I find a bit boring. Forget it, what do I know?
But your melodies and frasing/phrasing (I think itís phrasing come to think of it), I like a lot.

Beautiful clear sounds. I have a friend whose name is Chiara, which means exactly that: clear.
Your posting is almost quicker than I can listen.

I am now in the time zone, a lot of Spanish people want to be in. I hope that one day, I will be able to travel Spain from south back to north along the cero meridiano and see what special insights that will bring me.

Another great piece of music!
Kind regards, Gus

Many Thanks!!  ::thumb::

Thanks for that, Marcus. I suspected as much about how you track your guitars. I appreciate being able to watch you play.....you let your music take you. I have learned that, with electric guitars,  when the tone is dialed up right it is so much easier to become one with the music. I was thinking about you and the way you play yesterday as I was tracking an electric guitar part for something I am working on.

Fifteen years ago I was always tracking in front of two or three small tube amps with a half dozen or so pedals. I found that getting the distortion and amp volume right, along with close micing was the key to tracking real amps in a small room. These days I use an Avid Eleven Rack and I love it. I have now found that small tube amps make great end tables.

Interesting comment about delay from you @LePlongeur , I actually quite like the delay in this song......check it out at the beginning (0:35 or so). I like adding my obvious delays in the mix, though, so I can bring them in and out. I like it when an embedded delay is just barely noticeable.

Many Thanks!!  ::thumb::

• LePlongeur
  • Chef de Partie
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Yesterday at 18:33:51
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Thanks for that, Marcus. ÖÖÖ

That is why I mentioned my remark to be a personal one.
Itís highly ĎI still got the bluesí and ĎThe Boring side of the mooní oriented for me. Specially the Scottish guy overdone it. And the song was hugged to death too. I canít hear it without visions of a dough faced person who looks as if heís subjected to some kind of torture.

As a counter movement, my delay is a single slap back of Chris Spedding size: 0.13 or 0.15 sounds or msec. Dyscalculi, remember?

Too short for rockabilly and too long to be completely dry.
If Marcus would be holding back on the delay or whatever itís called, his tone would be very close/nearGabor Szabo in his best Impulse & Skye years. Donít know if I have all the albums, but itís close.

So this is meant as a compliment and I hope that if @Marcus Nalgaber has an hour of nothing special to do, he will listen to sourcery and more scoursery (donít know how to spell it - he who waves the magic wand or gets the rabbit out of the hat). On impulse. He had a Gibson , amplified over a very strange TOBY (round) cabinet.

Love your comment, @Leonard Scaper . Staying curious is having more fun.
Kind regards, Gus

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• Yesterday at 20:53:46
  • more
hi @Marcus Nalgaber what a great guitar song, very nice to listen to this and watch you play  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::
me, myself, and Pie

• Leonard Scaper
  • Global Moderator
  • Executive Chef
  • Guest Chef

• Terra Firma
  • more
As a counter movement, my delay is a single slap back of Chris Spedding size: 0.13 or 0.15 sounds or msec.

@LePlongeur ....I am chuckling about "Boring Side Of The Moon". I never quite took to that album. Not much for slap back delays either I guess. The track I am working on right at this moment has delays of 1666.7 ms and 833.3 ms that I am automating to come in at certain spots and repeat just right to impart a sense of space with the rest of the instruments. The track was recorded with a delay of 417 ms that is just wet enough to  barely hear it.

You'll hear this track at some point.....it is a collaboration.  ;)

@Marcus Nalgaber .......sincere apologies for highjacking the discussion of your song. I listened to it yesterday before I recorded my track and again today before I began working with these delays....for inspiration.

hi @Marcus Nalgaber what a great guitar song, very nice to listen to this and watch you play  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::

Many Thanks!!  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::

xx
Those sunsets in the city park - Ballad backing track + Demo guitar solo

Started by Marcus Nalgaber on Live performances

0 Replies
Last post Today at 01:55:37
by Marcus Nalgaber
xx
a shredding guitar solo and a keyboard solo at the same time???

Started by Dutchbeat on Life

3 Replies
Last post September 21, 2015, 18:37:29
by Dutchbeat
xx
Just wondering if someone could help me with a backing track

Started by EvanC1992 on Collaborations

0 Replies
Last post March 17, 2016, 17:47:04
by EvanC1992
xx
Need a guitar solo