• Live and very informal cover of "Our Love is Here to Stay" on an 1890's piano.
  • Started by Bill from November Sound
On our travels this summer we stopped in Buffalo, NY as it's about halfway between our home and the part of Indiana that we going to.

At this historic mansion/ bed & breakfast in Buffalo (InnBuffalo, B&B) they had a Chickering console grand from the 1890's. It was tuned down a half step so as not to stress the old bones too much. The tuning is a little iffy. The owners let us have a go at it and make a video there.   :)  For me, the piano was somewhat fascinating to play ... I couldn't even find the pedals at first....  :D

Some of you have already seen this on facebook I think. Video quality is not the best - cheap camcorder in a dark old room.

Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

November Sound is based on the Mother, Father & Son musical trio of Melissa, Bill & Will. I'm the father so anything I post will have my wife singing and/or my son playing percussion.

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• Today at 18:57:10
  • more
Great voice !!! @Melissa  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::
sounds good  :o :o :o :o  :ok:

oh and.... @Bill from November Sound ... you are pretty cool... as well  ;D ;D ;D ;D

you two have soul and love, and passion for music  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::
me, myself, and Pie

sounding very good. Brilliant how the characteristic of this piano adds so much to the musical effect. I should read up on George & Ira Gershwin - know so much music from them - but know next to nil about their lives...
recommending https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_Music_Works "How music works", book by David Byrne.

• Leonard Scaper
  • Global Moderator
  • Executive Chef
  • Guest Chef

• Yesterday at 22:18:20
    • Terra Firma
  • more
Fantastic impromptu performance......you both sound amazing!
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

"In a world of robotic conformity, the only originality left in music is the imperfections" Eric Craptone

"Special thanks to Steve Gleason for making me who I am today." Leonard Scaper

Lenny's Tunes: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=540680

https://soundcloud.com/vincentgleason

It's gotta be really neat to play something so old. Are you going to Niagara Falls, eat Tom Horton's Donuts, Beef on a Wick, and of course real Buffalo Wings?

Vince

Thanks @oorlab ! You know, you're completely right ... honestly wish you could be in the room ... the old piano has a "life" of it's own so to speak. It had such a warm dark sound. We did a ballad as well on our YT channel but, alas, the interesting tuning of the old beauty takes a little bit away from that performance. It's still cool though.

Thanks @Leonard Scaper  and @realkevm  you're too kind! Greatly appreciate the compliments.

Wait @Vince  ... that's where Buffalo Wings come from?!?!?!  Dang it!  :bonk:   :doublebonk:     We're gonna have to go back!!!!   :yes:   Buffalo ends up being a halfway stop for us New Englanders when we're heading out your way. We need to just go there for a few days, really.

• LePlongeur
  • Chef de Partie
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Today at 17:40:26
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
How wrong I was to think Ella's rendition was great.
I'm sorry @Bill from November Sound
Kind regards, Gus

That is very nice of you @LePlongeur:)  Maybe too much so. Ella's rendition is still great but we do greatly appreciate the sentiment!

This is really sweet! :) @Bill from November Sound The keys are wonderful and the voice reminds me of something straight from the 60s. The setting makes it fit in so well. Good Job!
No Price, Just Happiness.