• realkevm
  • Rotisseur
  • Karma Hunter

• Today at 14:35:18
    • Hull, UK
  • more
Sambas & Cigarettes (live)
on: October 08, 2018, 16:15:01
Hi guys, I played a sit down acoustic set last night here in Hull, UK at The Boathouse. I've a few videos from the set on my Youtube but i'm particularly interested in hearing what you think to this tune.

Re: Sambas & Cigarettes (live)
Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 21:49:01
A "SIT DOWN GIG" @realkevm ?!?!

Oh don't we live a life of leisure?  ;D  Ha,ha!!! Just kidding.  ;)  Since I switched to keyboard all my gigs are sit down.  ;)
Nice job man! Sounds good!
Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

November Sound is based on the Mother, Father & Son musical trio of Melissa, Bill & Will. I'm the father so anything I post will have my wife singing and/or my son playing percussion.

• Leonard Scaper
  • Global Moderator
  • Executive Chef
  • Guest Chef

• Today at 20:36:23
    • Terra Firma
  • more
Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 22:14:00
I like it. You ARE serious about what you do and I like that as well. Own your style, man!

One thing to take from this video.....at around 2:36 you bring things down a bit. That worked nicely. Think about that during your performances......take everything down a few notches once in a while to provide some dynamic contrast rather than just doing every song with the same level of energy.
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

"In a world of robotic conformity, the only originality left in music is the imperfections" Eric Craptone

"Special thanks to Steve Gleason for making me who I am today." Leonard Scaper

Lenny's Tunes: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=540680

https://soundcloud.com/vincentgleason

• realkevm
  • Rotisseur
  • Karma Hunter

• Hull, UK
  • more
Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 09:45:14
A "SIT DOWN GIG" @realkevm ?!?!

Oh don't we live a life of leisure?  ;D  Ha,ha!!! Just kidding.  ;)  Since I switched to keyboard all my gigs are sit down.  ;)
Nice job man! Sounds good!
Haha thank you :) Makes a change to be sat down!

• realkevm
  • Rotisseur
  • Karma Hunter

• Hull, UK
  • more
Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 09:45:56
I like it. You ARE serious about what you do and I like that as well. Own your style, man!

One thing to take from this video.....at around 2:36 you bring things down a bit. That worked nicely. Think about that during your performances......take everything down a few notches once in a while to provide some dynamic contrast rather than just doing every song with the same level of energy.
Cheers Leonard, very sound advice

Reply #5 on: January 25, 2019, 20:51:19
well played i appreciate guitar skills!

• realkevm
  • Rotisseur
  • Karma Hunter

• Hull, UK
  • more
Reply #6 on: February 08, 2019, 22:09:02
well played i appreciate guitar skills!
Thank you :)

• Marcus Nalgaber

Reply #7 on: February 10, 2019, 14:13:31
Very good your image so sitting  ::thumb::
Keep it up
Congratulations  :lol:  ::thumb::

• LePlongeur
  • Chef de Partie
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Today at 17:52:42
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #8 on: February 10, 2019, 19:04:24
Youíre from Hull, so weíre practically neighbors.
I say this to soften the blow, because I am afraid to have to deal you one.

I am still a great fan of the housemartins and the one to have quoted the title of one of their best LPís.

So enough massages:
If I talk to someone over the phone, and I smile, the person on the other side notices this.
If you want to keep up the angry young man thing, go on and do it. Not being a native speaker I depend more on faces than you would do probably.

So there, the main reason I got less happy with your posts.

I donít want you to be do a prodent appearance, you probably know exactly what I mean. But sort of half way between a snarl and a prodent would be nice.

Sitting down can be difficult to stand up for your rights (meant as a joke - donít know about a stand up for your rights smiley).
Hope you find something here to better your gigs.
Because that is my intention.
Kind regards, Gus

• realkevm
  • Rotisseur
  • Karma Hunter

• Hull, UK
  • more
Reply #9 on: February 10, 2019, 21:55:56
Very good your image so sitting  ::thumb::
Keep it up
Congratulations  :lol:  ::thumb::
Thank you :)

• realkevm
  • Rotisseur
  • Karma Hunter

• Hull, UK
  • more
Reply #10 on: February 10, 2019, 21:57:20
Youíre from Hull, so weíre practically neighbors.
I say this to soften the blow, because I am afraid to have to deal you one.

I am still a great fan of the housemartins and the one to have quoted the title of one of their best LPís.

So enough massages:
If I talk to someone over the phone, and I smile, the person on the other side notices this.
If you want to keep up the angry young man thing, go on and do it. Not being a native speaker I depend more on faces than you would do probably.

So there, the main reason I got less happy with your posts.

I donít want you to be do a prodent appearance, you probably know exactly what I mean. But sort of half way between a snarl and a prodent would be nice.

Sitting down can be difficult to stand up for your rights (meant as a joke - donít know about a stand up for your rights smiley).
Hope you find something here to better your gigs.
Because that is my intention.
Kind regards, Gus

I'm not quite sure what you mean or are getting at? Do you mean that I look a bit unhappy lol

• LePlongeur
  • Chef de Partie
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Today at 17:52:42
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #11 on: February 10, 2019, 23:05:06
Ok.
The tone of addressing people in the Kitchen is one of a certain kindness and I didnít want to give you the impression that I was deliberately being rude.

But what I meant was:
You donít strike me as being happy doing your gig.
The tempo is (for instance) 100 bpm when you start the song and is quickely accelerated. The lyrics are snarled if that is the correct word. And I may be wrong but the impression I get is one of a singer who is angry about wrong-doings or some such thing.

I donít expect you to sweet talk us carpenter style, but somewhere half way would be a great improvement, I guess. Beth Hart says Ďitís only entertainment, right?í And I wondered if youíve lost the idea of the entertainment bit along the way.

If you say that this is a registration of your music and your gig as you want to be seen, hey, by all means: Youíre the artist. But I tried to give you an impression of how your music and facial expression came across. To me or with me anyway.

I hope you will take into consideration that things like these need a subtle approach of the English language that I find difficult as a non native speaker.

So, in short, please donít snarl at me. Unless you really mean to. I am your public. I canít help it that you are angry. And trying to improve each otherís gig is really why weíre posting our gigs. Right?
Kind regards, Gus

• realkevm
  • Rotisseur
  • Karma Hunter

• Hull, UK
  • more
Reply #12 on: February 10, 2019, 23:08:13
Ok.
The tone of addressing people in the Kitchen is one of a certain kindness and I didnít want to give you the impression that I was deliberately being rude.

But what I meant was:
You donít strike me as being happy doing your gig.
The tempo is (for instance) 100 bpm when you start the song and is quickely accelerated. The lyrics are snarled if that is the correct word. And I may be wrong but the impression I get is one of a singer who is angry about wrong-doings or some such thing.

I donít expect you to sweet talk us carpenter style, but somewhere half way would be a great improvement, I guess. Beth Hart says Ďitís only entertainment, right?í And I wondered if youíve lost the idea of the entertainment bit along the way.

If you say that this is a registration of your music and your gig as you want to be seen, hey, by all means: Youíre the artist. But I tried to give you an impression of how your music and facial expression came across. To me or with me anyway.

I hope you will take into consideration that things like these need a subtle approach of the English language that I find difficult as a non native speaker.

So, in short, please donít snarl at me. Unless you really mean to. I am your public. I canít help it that you are angry. And trying to improve each otherís gig is really why weíre posting our gigs. Right?
Kind regards, Gus
I understand now Gus, thank you. I appreciate you watching and duly noted, I think i have a resting pissed off face lol but i'm happy when performing honest!

lamp
Cigarettes & Dead Flowers

Started by AshBordeaux on Songs for review

4 Replies
Last post March 22, 2017, 12:29:10
by AshBordeaux
xx
Good To Be Free live & acoustic

Started by realkevm on Live performances

3 Replies
Last post March 16, 2019, 03:09:49
by Kellyanneg