• Monty Cash Music
  • Rotisseur

• June 24, 2020, 16:19:21
    • inside the atomic fabric of a page, only when it is turning
  • more
Sonic Groove Live Entries on Hive by Monty
on: January 31, 2020, 12:05:20
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 16:10:26 by Monty Cash Music »
Here's a cover of a pretty mean song about suicide in a jazzy form. I hope to spread openness to speak about the subject by singing this song.

This is an entry for the Steemit open mic called Sonic Groove Live, there used to be another open mic on steemit that was very popular before the last Bitcoin flop but now there is this, and it's slowly building a community. So be sure to join Steemit and get involved in this online music community, another place to have your music heard!

Find updates on my travels and music on http://peakd.com/@montycashmusic

Re: Last Resort by Papa Roach (Jazzy Cover)
Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 03:17:59
Hey @Monty Cash Music  ... nice live performance!

Re: performance -  I love the rhythmic bipolarity wherein your guitar is laying down the steady groove and though your voice is aware it is like it is just too cool to settle in. Thst seems difficult to do ... but you do it very well! Those verses would be very difficult to notate!

Re: steemit - I see this is a live but it's on Youtube? ... but it was on steemit as well? Is steemit a video hosting site? Maybe you could explain it all a bit?
Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

November Sound is based on the Mother, Father & Son musical trio of Melissa, Bill & Will. I'm the father so anything I post will have my wife singing and/or my son playing percussion.

• Monty Cash Music
  • Rotisseur

• more
Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 12:29:43
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 12:55:12 by Monty Cash Music »
@Bill from November Sound

Haha, yeah, this is an interesting song to make into a jazzy cover. Thanks for your compliments and coming to have a listen!

Steemit is a decentralized blockchain platform that is run on the cryptocurrency Steem of which the value closely mimics the rises and falls of Bitcoin (not equal in value, but the dynamics of its appreciation and depreciation).

Blockchain technology, well it's the future -

The Golden Age of the internet is over post the centralisation of social media platforms for the purpose of societal information milking and government control.

And I'm not even talking conspiracy here, it's all real.

===

So that was a small tangent but a necessary one.

Steemit is like a blog website where you get upvotes for content which translates into actual value which can in turn be traded for Bitcoin and then for cash.

Most don't make much at the moment, but it and the Steem blockchain are the basis for a lot of new platforms popping up that are not trying to milk your information and also they give back the value to its creators. Decentralisation. Back to the way the internet used to be.

Youtube is still used in conjunction with this Online Open Mic called Sonic Groove Live which is run through the platform steemit - because it is just a handy platform for sharing videos.

Despite youtube's limiting algorithms, blocking and censorship and blatant propagandizing - it's still a useful free tool.

There are however a couple of free video platforms that run on the Steem blockchain, two of which are Dtube (decentralized tube) and 3Speak (a platform that was first dedicated to people that have been blocked or censored from mainstream platforms like YouTube for various erroneous reasons).

Anyways, long story short.

Sonic Groove Live is an Open Mic on Steemit in which people use youtube videos but post them on blog posts which are part of a larger community of people that share and listen to each other's music.

This is a long conversation... If you have any questions or if I am not clear, please feel free to ask and I will do my best to explain.

Social media used to be something fun, now it's just synonymous with government control. What have you got to hide you might ask? Well, why does the government need to look at your arsehole a Danish comedian once said?

Remember those things called forums, we use to converse on and share ideas and inspirations?   :lol: No one was forced to give their real names or pictures, it was a completely open new start for many people to express themselves unconditionally.

===

To get involved in Sonic Groove Live, first you'll need to start a Steemit account at http://steemit.com

Then you can make a post in-line with the rules here, next time entries are open, this is a weekly open mic competition (friendly competition) -  https://steemit.com/sgl/@sonicgroovelive/sgl-submissions-for-week-22-are-now-open

There was another open mic like I said, but that stopped running. This is a new one. People on Steemit often use 'Discord' to communicate directly with each other (much like old mIRC).

===

On a side note, in the steemit blockchain, once you are registered there is a decentralized soundcloud alternative called Dsound. It's free and you can upload as much as you like http://dsound.audio/

I've used it for my new podcast I've started recently, because soundcloud doesn't give the upload time I need on a new account and I don't have hundreds of dollars laying about to feed them for each soundcloud account either. https://dsound.audio/#!/@montycashmusic/20200128t155351619z-around-the-twist-podcast-1-will-a-i-take-over-the-world

Of course there are still creases in these systems that need ironing out, but if we support these platforms like we support underground music, in time they will come to serve us better than the now lost platforms to corporate/societal/government control and greed. Fuck the system!

• Monty Cash Music
  • Rotisseur

• more
Reply #3 on: February 08, 2020, 11:39:22
Well, seeing as I don't want to start a thousand threads, I'm just keep posting on threads I've already got.

Here's the next weeks entry, for week 23 Sonic Groove Live -

This is a song I wrote a few years ago and has gone through many adaptations, played on the streets of the world, here's the lyrics:
If you want to be a lover, you can be a lover
If you want to be a fool, then be afraid
If you want the world to end, it can end for you
You can do what you like, first world dolly

If you want to get married, have a cup of tea instead
It's much less pain than all of that
If you want to make real money, you're going to have to start a war
You're the bank you fund both sides, you're in control
First world dolly

How hard is it to find, good help around here
Who wants to serve these people that need the serving
If we're gonna make it work, for all of us
Some of us sometimes, might have to practice curbing our desires

Give up that four hundred dollar pair of shoes
Or that apartment in the sky
Or that fancy car you got there
Or that brand new hipster Jesus protein you bought for your boyfriend last spring
First world dolly
First world dolly

• Monty Cash Music
  • Rotisseur

• more
Reply #4 on: February 13, 2020, 12:58:45
Here's yet another entry into Sonic Groove Live. I just woke up! haha

Week 24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fHAQlR0rIU&feature=youtu.be

Here are the lyrics:

I'm the big bad wolf can you hear me howl?
I'm the big bad wolf can you hear me howl?

All the artist people, slapping around (look at me, look at what I've done)
I do pieces on climate change
Yet I claim my work is not political

And all the people they be watching vigilantly
All the people they be watching vigilantly

Yes I've got my freedom
But it's only as good as my fear done
In a world of cushions, my heart stands still

All the other wolvesies they be bouncing around now
All the other wolvesies they be bounding around now

All the clouds are bouncy and no one can feel a thing
Who is really watching, through those corpses paper thin

All dimensions watching the grand TV show
All dimensions watching the grand TV show

All the worlds, other live, with nothing better to do
Than to watch you or I, putting on our shoes

All the laces, they dangle, they dangle (dangle, dangle, dangle)
All the laces, they dangle, they dangle (dangle, dangle, dangle)

In the depths of the well, ropes are hanging there
I see your true selves, hiding in the blue

There's some bright golden eyes, oh how they shine
There's some bright golden eyes, how they shine

I'm the big bad wolf can you hear me howl
In the dark in the blue, to frighten you out

And all the people they be watching vigilantly
All the people they be watching vigilantly

Yes I've got my freedom
But it's only as good as my fear done
In a world of cushions, my heart stands still

• Jurgen
  • Sous Chef
  • Just strumming away

• March 03, 2020, 21:01:03
    • Sydney, Australia
    • https://www.facebook.com/drivingsouthband/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCygXcTLN2FroxhUQM_90J6Q?view_as=subscriber https://soundcloud.com/user-386444683
  • more
Reply #5 on: February 15, 2020, 04:05:59
Hey @Monty Cash Music

I really enjoyed these live performances.

You have a really rich strong voice and I like your guitar style. It has feeling which I think comes from how you leave space for the vocals and have a loose feel. And I mean that as a compliment - playing loose doesn't always come easy to some.

cheers

• Monty Cash Music
  • Rotisseur

• more
Reply #6 on: February 15, 2020, 10:41:47
Thanks or your kind words @Jurgen ! All the best!

Reply #7 on: March 06, 2020, 23:15:56
Tremendous

• Monty Cash Music
  • Rotisseur

• more
Re: Sonic Groove Live Entries on Steem by Monty
Reply #8 on: March 13, 2020, 08:01:43
Here's my latest entry for the SGL online open mic on Steem, featuring a lovely artwork by Amanda Forward -

Reply #9 on: March 21, 2020, 02:28:40
Hi @Monty Cash Music I really liked this performance.
The idiom in which you are versed really lends itself to the extended improvisatory jams.
I spent some time going through your posts on steemit. As someone who has always been on the straight and narrow I'm fascinated by the way you live. I suppose there has to be people like both of us for the world to work the way it does.
I hope that you're okay during this worldwide virus lockdown. I realize what you do kind of requires crowds of people that are no longer existent in much of the world.

• Monty Cash Music
  • Rotisseur

• more
Reply #10 on: March 21, 2020, 03:42:41
@Bill from November Sound

Thanks for taking a look and cheers for the compliment. I'm getting better with this 'act' as I practice more and more, I love to structure performance in a way that I learn as I am performing.

Yeah, well flattered you think crowds surround me! Haha. I could have just taken that one!  Mostly I play around seated areas and get coins from passerbyers. But yes there has indeed been the odd occasion when I draw a crowd.

One reason I prefer street performance to stage performance is because I am equal with the people. I'm not on a stage above you, I'm immediately relatable. People often stop me and chat about things, this is part of what makes street music so great.

Virus... Yeah well, it's all just starting to go to shit quickly now in Australia. My part time restaurant job is not going to last.

Many small businesses will close and never recover. İt's an economic depression.

New law yesterday, one person per four square metres inside, one metre apart.

Martial law has found us via an unexpected avenue.

Last night in town, people got crazy trashed drunk in outdoor bars. Like really crazy drunk. No police around either, they've got their hands full.

İ go busking today, a Saturday, possibly the streets are empty, but will see. The histeria of this virus has locked us into a panic far worse than the effects it is causing.

An economic collapse was avoidable with a different strategy, but it seems this virus has been used as a trigger to set it in motion.

There's more than just a virus happening at the moment.

İt's certainly an interesting time to be alive.

How goes it over in your locale?

Reply #11 on: March 21, 2020, 18:58:09
Hi @Monty Cash Music  …. I'm very fortunate to have a job that sustains me through this ordeal, my health, a home, a beautiful family.

Anything that I'm losing out on is just me being selfish really. I can't go workout, I can't run my open mic, Gigs are cancelled … I hope restaurants and bars and stuff will open again in May? Maybe?
Our life ( our social life I guess not our livelihood ) revolves around going out to the country clubs, wineries, restaurants and playing music so that's gone for a while.

Melissa and I were talking about how we kind of wish the news would report on the people who had the coronavirus and recovered.  :-\  If for most it wasn't a big deal then maybe the government will let us have some freedom again.   ???   If it is terrible for most then by all means we can stay in hiding a bit longer.    :-\   

• Monty Cash Music
  • Rotisseur

• more
Reply #12 on: March 22, 2020, 00:12:24
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 00:15:05 by Monty Cash Music »
Personally, I wouldn't be so optimistic.

It's good you have a job that is not trying to get rid of you. People in permanent government jobs in Australia are safe.

We're looking at 3-6 months more like this I think. Longer if they wait for a vaccine.

The way this virus has been handled by the mechanisms that be is stripping upper middle class down, of all wealth.

I don't trust the news media, never have. There's always a story behind the story with slithers of truth shoved in for good measure. And don't pin me as a kook, I still have the capacity for rational deduction.

We're in for a rough ride.

Welcome to the end.

• Monty Cash Music
  • Rotisseur

• more
Re: Sonic Groove Live Entries on Hive by Monty
Reply #13 on: March 30, 2020, 08:06:13
I will no longer post on this thread because I realise I'm flooding the forum with content. So please join my journey @ http://peakd.com/@montycashmusic for further updates!  :pompom: