• The mirror
  • Started by Fiddlasrogers
The mirror
on: September 13, 2019, 19:24:45
2 versions of one song, recorded in the rehersal studio in 2017. Haven't listened on them for a while and found them in my phone.

• Leonard Scaper
  • Global Moderator
  • Executive Chef
  • Guest Chef

• Yesterday at 21:35:28
    • Terra Firma
  • more
Re: The mirror
Reply #1 on: September 13, 2019, 20:06:29
I like the first version much more than the second. In fact, after listening to the second I went back and listened again to the first.

The pace of that version is better as it allows you more space to invest a ton of emotion into your vocal delivery.....which you definitely do. I also think that is a better key for you to be singing in. Even if you were to take the song into a more expansive production, I think this slower pace would be good.

I'd like to hear that, in fact. I like your style a lot. Do you have any other material to share?
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

"In a world of robotic conformity, the only originality left in music is the imperfections" Eric Craptone

"Special thanks to Steve Gleason for making me who I am today." Leonard Scaper

Lenny's Tunes: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=540680

https://soundcloud.com/vincentgleason

Reply #2 on: September 14, 2019, 12:55:01
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 12:58:14 by Fiddlasrogers »
Hi @Leonard Scaper.
Thanks for the input and that you like the style I'm playing.
The key is actually the same in both versions as far as I can remember, I just take the vocals into a higher pitch in the second version.

I do have more material and recordings to share, just have to do a search in my computer to see what's ok, and I'm in the process of recording a full leanght album. I'm also thinking about doing a full live recording of a full set of songs with better sound, light and camera angles. So that might come in the near future.

Anyhow thanks alot.

Reply #3 on: September 18, 2019, 22:17:24
Hi @Fiddlasrogers  .... It's good to hear and see you live. It's cool how both are so different. I think I like the more modern approach in that second one but maybe you should lower the key a bit so as not to strain.
They're both good, though. I look forward to hearing the future incarnations of this and other creations of yours. :) 
Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

November Sound is based on the Mother, Father & Son musical trio of Melissa, Bill & Will. I'm the father so anything I post will have my wife singing and/or my son playing percussion.

• JoshRoehl
  • Saucier
  • Karma Hunter

• January 23, 2020, 18:24:32
  • more
Reply #4 on: September 21, 2019, 20:45:40
I think that the first version works better than the second because the slower pace works better with the emotion the song is trying to convey. I really like your guitar playing on both songs, though. I enjoyed listening to both versions. I look forward to seeing what you do in the future.

Reply #5 on: September 22, 2019, 11:54:54
Thank you all for the feedback.

xx
Mirror, Mirror (Am I Too Bad For Love)

Started by HappyDays on Lyrics

3 Replies
Last post August 07, 2019, 13:13:43
by HappyDays
xx
Mirror, Mirror, in the dark.. (Known as, Beppe)

Started by Tommy Blixt on Songs for review

10 Replies
Last post November 28, 2015, 19:02:46
by Mar T.
xx
Black Mirror

Started by BLACK MIRROR on Me

11 Replies
Last post October 03, 2016, 14:29:54
by BLACK MIRROR
xx
Boy In The Mirror