• realkevm
  • Rotisseur
  • Karma Hunter

• Yesterday at 21:00:35
    • Hull, UK
  • more
Too Late (Live 1+1 version)
on: March 02, 2019, 23:09:19
Hi fellow Kitcheners here's a live 1+1 version of my song 'Too Late', i'd really appreciate it if you could have a quick watch and offer me any pointers & let me know what you think :)

Re: Too Late (Live 1+1 version)
Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 05:30:00
Hi  @realkevm   Nice video. No pointers,  as a person who has just recently started taking part in open mic nights (mostly to finely deal with being scared to death) standing there by yourself is really  really hard, so I just wanted to recognize that.

I was out listening to a band tonight and the guitarist had a cup holder attached to the mic stand for his beer. I thought that was pretty cool.  ;D

I was wondering, since it is just you and your guitar, if you might get a "fuller" guitar sound by dropping the capo down a few frets. I'm not sure about this and would have to hear it. Anyway keep it up man !!!!

• realkevm
  • Rotisseur
  • Karma Hunter

• Hull, UK
  • more
Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 05:44:33
Hi  @realkevm   Nice video. No pointers,  as a person who has just recently started taking part in open mic nights (mostly to finely deal with being scared to death) standing there by yourself is really  really hard, so I just wanted to recognize that.

I was out listening to a band tonight and the guitarist had a cup holder attached to the mic stand for his beer. I thought that was pretty cool.  ;D

I was wondering, since it is just you and your guitar, if you might get a "fuller" guitar sound by dropping the capo down a few frets. I'm not sure about this and would have to hear it. Anyway keep it up man !!!!
Hi Vince, cheers for having a watch/listen. Those open mic's can be quite nerve wracking can't they? I used to be SO nervous i'm a lot better these days. A cup holder is brilliant haha I need one! I've found wheer i've got the capo is best suited for my voice (I nned every help I can get) lol

Reply #3 on: March 03, 2019, 14:45:40
" i've got the capo is best suited for my voice (I nned every help I can get) lol" quote from @realkevm

I can totally understand that - my best key is A or G, so needless to say everything I write is in those keys.  Which makes me wonder about all the money I spent on lessons. Oh well, at least I can read music and understand a little theory.

Anyway as with other songwriters more famous (John Hyatt, John Prine . etc...) people, imo, listen more for what they have to say and the way their say'n it than for the singing.

Reply #4 on: March 07, 2019, 01:26:49
Hi @realkevm  nice job! I wish I could do that. Your singing is getting better and better IMO and you're getting good at making eye contact with the camera as well.
every once in a while you still let a note kind of fall in pitch at the end ... not a bad thing if it is intentional I know you're working on that and it shows. So just ask yourself if you want it to slide down there or not. ( I'm not criticizing 'cause you got more skills than me.) Kudos on your vocal control and performance skills.  ;)
Good show!
- 11 ::Note::
Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

November Sound is based on the Mother, Father & Son musical trio of Melissa, Bill & Will. I'm the father so anything I post will have my wife singing and/or my son playing percussion.

• Leonard Scaper
  • Global Moderator
  • Executive Chef
  • Guest Chef

• Yesterday at 21:41:59
    • Terra Firma
  • more
Reply #5 on: March 07, 2019, 22:06:02
I agree with @Bill from November Sound ....it's obvious that you've been working hard on your singing.

You definitely have a "stage persona". I wouldn't be changing anything. There's something very unique about the way you perform...the way you move away from the mic like that and just the way you look up there.

It's kind of a sensitive tough guy look and it really works.

"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

"In a world of robotic conformity, the only originality left in music is the imperfections" Eric Craptone

"Special thanks to Steve Gleason for making me who I am today." Leonard Scaper

Lenny's Tunes: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=540680

https://soundcloud.com/vincentgleason

• realkevm
  • Rotisseur
  • Karma Hunter

• Hull, UK
  • more
Reply #6 on: March 08, 2019, 18:21:59
Cheers guys, these comments have really given me a boost.
Thanks for the encourgement @Bill from November Sound I think the video you made me really opened my eyes when it comes to trying to form a melody.

Thank you @Leonard Scaper very encouraging i'm humbled.

xx
'Too Late' live version

Started by realkevm on Live performances

7 Replies
Last post February 08, 2019, 22:08:46
by realkevm
xx
My band Late Mondays, live performance

Started by Introverse77 on Live performances

6 Replies
Last post April 08, 2019, 16:22:41
by Kellyanneg