• Executive Chef
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Yesterday at 09:27:28
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Het vooruitzicht al/Enjoying the prospect
on: May 02, 2020, 09:53:48
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 09:23:29 by LePlongeur »
The lyrics (plural, even if it's one song) for a song I'll post here in a week's time.

I post it, so some of you can get used to the idea...

Het vooruitzicht al

We vragen Elsje er ook bij te komen
en waarom ze haar kleren aan heeft?
ze bedankt heel beleefd voor de eer
of eigenlijk niet zo beleefd

Zie ’t nog voor me chique wanordelijk
‘s of je tussen de lakens bent uitgestapt
geheugen een aangetaste film
met hete zoenen opgelapt

Ik bracht mijn hand zacht naar onderen
met een onzuivere bedoeling
‘k zie mijn tanden in je schouder staan
baby dat heet I need cooling

O God O God ik haat dat liegen
daar ben ik echt niet voor geschikt
stiekem met je het bed induiken
andersom? ‘k Had ’t niet gepikt

Br
Natuurlijk loopt in Amsterdam iedereen
stug op z’n horloge te kijken
is je glas half leeg? Maak ‘m dan vol
beter dan er over te zeiken

R
Ik liep wat verdwaald in de winkel
zo lang al geen condooms meer gekocht
ik geniet van het vooruitzicht al
blij da’k in je schap neuzen mocht

W2016/6apr2019

Enjoying the prospect

We ask Elsje to join us as well
and why is she wearing her clothes?
she declines all of a sudden
why, to be honest, no one knows

Think of it as posh disorderly.
's if you got out from between the sheets
my memory an affected film
patched up with snogging and sweets

I lowered my hand gently
with an impure intent
look at my teeth in your shoulder
baby that’s how quickly it went

O God O God I hate that lying
I'm really not cut out for that
sneaking into bed with you
would have thought it’s not where I’m at

Br
Of course in Amsterdam everyone walks
stubbornly watching their watch
is your glass half empty? Then fill it up
better than whining, we’re a match

R
I walked in the store a little lost
haven't bought condoms for so long
I'm enjoying the prospect already
an evening full of strip pong

W2016/6apr2019 WE2mei2020

Untill 2019, I threw away all the ideas that didn't make it to lyrics/song.
The ideas are from 2016, 6th of April 2019 i wrote the lyrics, and yesterday I wrote/recorded the song. The English version was written this morning.
To be continued...

Kind regards, Gus

Re: Het vooruitzicht al/Enjoying the prospect
Reply #1 on: May 02, 2020, 20:56:22
Oh boy @LePlongeur     :bonk:   :o

We have these things here, of course, but we wouldn't sing about them.   ;D

Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

November Sound is based on the Mother, Father & Son musical trio of Melissa, Bill & Will. I'm the father so anything I post will have my wife singing and/or my son playing percussion.

• LePlongeur
  • Executive Chef

• Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #2 on: May 03, 2020, 08:24:37
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 09:29:03 by LePlongeur »
At least 35 years ago I veered towards a more earthy type of songs. And I did that with the OK of one of the best light verse writers we ever had. And even without the OK it was a development that was simply happening. Your statement ‘we don’t sing about them’ may have been written without too much thought or from a strictly personal point of view.

I invite you to listen to a few examples from your part of the world.
I won’t include them, simply because I’m not aiming at belittling or ridicule you.
- Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah (written by a Canadian but inspiring an entire generation)
- Bart’s got a room - it’s time to get laid (if you don’t smile while listening you’re cheating)
- Melissa Ferrick - Drive

* half of this duo is Kate MiCucci (don’t try to convince me that you don’t know what the meaning is of her family name’. Kate is also half of Garfunkel & oats. With a light hearted oeuvre based on the same subject.

The collab ‘Katrina’ posted here, was based on very carefully written lyrics. But honestly about only one thing.

If you would have written ‘I don’t sing about it, I would have bought it. But the We for an entire continent is a rather broad sweep.

In short: Bill Hailey tried to clean up the ‘I’m a one eyed cat, peeping in the seafood store’ to a certain extend.  But that was 1955 so I can hardly claim to be the single inventor of the genre.
As it is your personal artistic freedom to do what you do, it is mine to do what I like to do.
Thank you for reading the lyrics. I removed a typo. And hope you like the finished version better. @Bill from November Sound
Kind regards, Gus

Reply #3 on: May 03, 2020, 14:45:36
At least 35 years ago I veered towards a more earthy type of songs. And I did that with the OK of one of the best light verse writers we ever had. And even without the OK it was a development that was simply happening. Your statement ‘we don’t sing about them’ may have been written without too much thought or from a strictly personal point of view.

I invite you to listen to a few examples from your part of the world.
I won’t include them, simply because I’m not aiming at belittling or ridicule you.
- Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah (written by a Canadian but inspiring an entire generation)
- Bart’s got a room - it’s time to get laid (if you don’t smile while listening you’re cheating)
- Melissa Ferrick - Drive

* half of this duo is Kate MiCucci (don’t try to convince me that you don’t know what the meaning is of her family name’. Kate is also half of Garfunkel & oats. With a light hearted oeuvre based on the same subject.

The collab ‘Katrina’ posted here, was based on very carefully written lyrics. But honestly about only one thing.

If you would have written ‘I don’t sing about it, I would have bought it. But the We for an entire continent is a rather broad sweep.

In short: Bill Hailey tried to clean up the ‘I’m a one eyed cat, peeping in the seafood store’ to a certain extend.  But that was 1955 so I can hardly claim to be the single inventor of the genre.
As it is your personal artistic freedom to do what you do, it is mine to do what I like to do.
Thank you for reading the lyrics. I removed a typo. And hope you like the finished version better. @Bill from November Sound
Kind regards, Gus

Ha,ha ... yeah you're right @LePlongeur   ;D    :praise:

Just my dry sense of humour.    :)   "We" meaning me and other New England puritan types.  :shinyteeth: 

You tend to just write it, though. As opposed to using metaphor as in the examples you gave.

You must know your lyrics are somewhat shocking.
I'm not complaing I'm just giving you a satirical , " - gasp... oh my"  :)

• LePlongeur
  • Executive Chef

• Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #4 on: May 03, 2020, 19:16:10
It's not only a matter of humor @Bill from November Sound, it's also a matter of being fair and honest to each other. The point is that no one writes here just to hurt another writer.
I don't want to sound indifferent because I am not. But I won't loose/lose sleep if you ignore my lyrics or simply say 'It's not for me'.

I can handle some flak/criticism.
If we can't be honest to each other here, where can we be honest?
Let's be gentle first and honest later isn't always the best option.

And please be aware that a pebble was throw into the pond. Lana del Rey is releasing Norman f*****g Something. And one of the lines is: Manchild, you fucked me so good, I almost said I love you.

I'm afraid that (your upbringing was good, no doubt about that) this is what people do, and an increasing amount of people DO sing about it.
Because the euphemisms of the first half of the 20th Century have gone stale. They are way past the best before date.
Let's draw the line here. OK? I write and you are completely free to think about it or to like or not. 
Matter's settled, as far as I'm concerned.
And I am completely OK with that. I hope that that goes for you too.
Kind regards, Gus

• LePlongeur
  • Executive Chef

• Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #5 on: May 11, 2020, 13:38:25
In the past couple of days, I posted the song that carries both lyrics in ‘Song for review’.

Thank you for your time to read the lyrics. I would appreciate it a lot if you’d listen how it works out with the music. I liked making it a lot.
Kind regards, Gus