• Poissonier
  • Space Cowboy

• January 16, 2019, 10:30:43
    • Perelandra
  • more
Bluedusksun
on: February 18, 2018, 23:43:08
Hello, so I guess I'll kick this off.

Names Rich, and my music project is Bluedusksun.

I'm pretty much a singer-songwriter/multi-instrumentalist in PA. I use Logic Pro X to record mainly acoustic guitar & vocals, but very occasionally bass, drums, and xylophone! I write, record, mix, and master myself.

Recently I made the acquaintance of Janelle Saucedo, a very talented singer from Tijuana, Mexico. We started collaborating online through soundcloud, and so far it's been extremely refreshing working with such a talented woman, so I'm looking forward to collaboration with others in the future.

Guess it's story time:

Originally a drummer, started playing the acoustic guitar out of boredom. Mainly I would play my favorite songs and just sing along. About a year ago I had a falling out with a bandmate after I became more and more involved with the song writing aspect of the band, instead of just playing the drums. I'm sure almost every person has dealt with some sort of band politics in their past. So safe to say I make my own music now, which would be best described as pretty finger-picking melodies accompanied by sad vocals/lyrics.

Big fan of sad songs.

Anyway I'm really looking forward to being on this forum, and getting actual useful criticism. Also meeting other musicians for future collaborations is a definite plus. So I'll be seeing you guys around on the forum.

Much love.
~Rich

https://soundcloud.com/bluedusksun-1

We are the music makers,
And we are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers,
And sitting by desolate streams;ó
World-losers and world-forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams:
Yet we are the movers and shakers
Of the world for ever, it seems.

• Mar T.
  • Senior Site Administrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • Pay it forward! (watch that movie..)

• Today at 02:10:20
    • Duiven
    • http://twitter.com/MartiMediaSC http://www.facebook.com/MartiMedia http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEBmQkchurQ https://soundcloud.com/martimedia
  • more
Re: Bluedusksun
Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 00:08:45
Hey @Bluedusksun , welcome to the #1 songwriting forum on the planet!  ;) ;)
That's cool, our stories are similar in the aspect that I quit band-life as well and prefer writing songs myself!
Listening to 'Dear, Heart (Valentine)' as I type, that sounds great to me!
It's a great place here, with beautiful and talented people. Have fun, take a look around and listen to some of the fantastic stuff that's being shared here!
Cheers!! :bloodymarti: <--- Welcome cocktail  ;)

:mart:

• Leonard Scaper
  • Global Moderator
  • Executive Chef
  • Guest Chef

• Yesterday at 20:27:42
    • Terra Firma
  • more
Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 01:38:55
Good intro.

Big fan of sad songs.

You need to meet our should-be-famous @MichaelA . ;)

"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

"In a world of robotic conformity, the only originality left in music is the imperfections" Eric Craptone

"Special thanks to Steve Gleason for making me who I am today." Leonard Scaper

Lenny's Tunes: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=540680

https://soundcloud.com/vincentgleason

Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 02:17:41
Hey @Bluedusksun ! Welcome to the isle of misfit toys...erhh I mean the kitchen! I think we probably all have similar stories to yours in some way shape or form.  :D Seriously, you are in the best place!

(And, yes @MichaelA is awesome)
Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

November Sound is based on the Mother, Father & Son musical trio of Melissa, Bill & Will. I'm the father so anything I post will have my wife singing and/or my son playing percussion.

• Bluedusksun
  • Poissonier
  • Space Cowboy

• Perelandra
  • more
Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 02:22:06
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 02:28:32 by Bluedusksun »
That's cool, our stories are similar in the aspect that I quit band-life as well and prefer writing songs myself!

It's soooooooooo much easier now, so much arguing and discontentment. Unfortunately almost all of the successful musicians I've talked to over the past decade have similar stories of ego's run amok and how horrible the business is. It's music, it's self expression, it's giving a little part of yourself which than in turn takes on a whole life of it's own. That and truth be told it's a hell of a fun hobby. :P

Dear, Heart is just a recent demo I put together cause I'm frustrated with an old song I'm working on. Hoping to get the Janelle to sing it, maybe I'll do back ups. It worked very well for the Seven times seven song. Thanks for the warm welcome, Dutchbeat gave an invite so here I am.

@Leonard Scaper

Thank you, I worked very hard on it. I'll look him up, Thanks.

Rich

• Bluedusksun
  • Poissonier
  • Space Cowboy

• Perelandra
  • more
Reply #5 on: February 19, 2018, 02:25:59
Hey @Bluedusksun ! Welcome to the isle of misfit toys...erhh I mean the kitchen! I think we probably all have similar stories to yours in some way shape or form.  :D Seriously, you are in the best place!

(And, yes @MichaelA is awesome)

Well I like the welcoming party, hope this place isn't a ghost town. That would make me sad, also who came up with The Kitchen as a Forum theme? Haha
~Rich

• LePlongeur
  • Chef de Partie
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Yesterday at 21:43:28
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #6 on: February 19, 2018, 08:03:25
Right after Mar T and Leonard, I typed a welcome in the middle of the night.
It seems to have disappeared somewhere next to the hard shoulder of the electronic motorway.
Well never mind, Iíll give it another try.

Iíve listened to your ScoundCloud entries and I for one am happy that you joined. I like it very much. There seems to be a consistency that tells of a very good vision of where you are going musically. Itís their loss that they have to make do without you.

I am a drummer/percussionist and autoharp player. Iíve traded the autoharp for guitar and went on to write more than performed due mostly to the same reasons as you encountered.

Welcome and I hope that you feel at home here. And what Iíve seen so far, I guess you will.
Kind regards, Gus

• Bluedusksun
  • Poissonier
  • Space Cowboy

• Perelandra
  • more
Reply #7 on: February 19, 2018, 10:08:18
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 10:13:22 by Bluedusksun »
It seems to have disappeared somewhere next to the hard shoulder of the electronic motorway.

Iíve listened to your ScoundCloud entries and I for one am happy that you joined. I like it very much. There seems to be a consistency that tells of a very good vision of where you are going musically. Itís their loss that they have to make do without you.

I am a drummer/percussionist and autoharp player. Iíve traded the autoharp for guitar and went on to write more than performed due mostly to the same reasons as you encountered.

Welcome and I hope that you feel at home here. And what Iíve seen so far, I guess you will.
Kind regards, Gus

I always hate when that happens.

First off, thank you kindly for your warm words, and I mean that for everyone else here as well. I never get feedback, of any kind, and it's really nice to hear every once in a while that someone likes your music (honestly I'd settle for a you don't suck ;). Yeah I'm not quite sure what my music is yet, but it's surely something.

Secondly, Dude they were both guitarists, and brothers. God it almost ruined making music for me. All I can say is shame.

Thirdly, what's Autoharp like? I rarely I encounter a instrument I'm not familiar with. Did a little slide guitar last year, which made me seriously considering buying a dulcimer or resonator. I have a little bastard studio in my apartment. We'll have to talk drumshop one night, maybe get me motivated to go play a little.

Long Nights
~Rich

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• Today at 00:59:26
  • more
Reply #8 on: February 19, 2018, 17:49:45
So safe to say I make my own music now, which would be best described as pretty finger-picking melodies accompanied by sad vocals/lyrics.

Big fan of sad songs.

https://soundcloud.com/bluedusksun-1

hi Rich @Bluedusksun
thanks for joining! i hope you will like it here.....

and when you say that you are a big fan of sad songs......here is a challenge for you you may want to consider.....we run competitons just for fun and to encourage songwriters to get out of their comfort zone.....but just for fun mainly...

https://www.songwriter-forum-kitchen.com/forum/competitions/18/the-write-an-extremely-positive-song-competition-please-join/3985/
me, myself, and Pie

• Bluedusksun
  • Poissonier
  • Space Cowboy

• Perelandra
  • more
Reply #9 on: February 19, 2018, 21:16:42
Yeah thanks for the invite guy.

Pretty much a loner these days, so it's always fun to talk to like minded individuals about something you love. I'll give the contest a thought, but between trying to finish my own songs and doing covers with my current orange crush, don't want to bite off more than I can chew. Besides I'm just a merchant of piss and vinegar, nothing sweet survives :p.

~Rich

• MrBouzouki
  • Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
  • "Let the Creators Create" :-)

• Yesterday at 23:31:07
    • Sheffield, UK
    • https://www.facebook.com/Mr.Bouzouki.Music/ https://www.youtube.com/user/MisterBouzouki https://soundcloud.com/mrbouzouki
  • more
Reply #10 on: February 27, 2018, 18:08:36
Welcome to the Kitchen @Bluedusksun. No it's not a ghost-town but like all forums ebbs and flows at the whim of the members.
That pesky 'real-world' getting in the way of doing music all the time..
"Love and Life is all about connections"

• LePlongeur
  • Chef de Partie
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Yesterday at 21:43:28
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #11 on: February 28, 2018, 10:25:34

Kind regards, Gus

I always hate when that happens.

First off, thank you kindly for your warm words, and I mean that for everyone else here as well. I never get feedback, of any kind, and it's really nice to hear every once in a while that someone likes your music (honestly I'd settle for a you don't suck ;). Yeah I'm not quite sure what my music is yet, but it's surely something.

Secondly, Dude they were both guitarists, and brothers. God it almost ruined making music for me. All I can say is shame.

Thirdly, what's Autoharp like? I rarely I encounter a instrument I'm not familiar with. Did a little slide guitar last year, which made me seriously considering buying a dulcimer or resonator. I have a little bastard studio in my apartment. We'll have to talk drumshop one night, maybe get me motivated to go play a little.

Long Nights
~Rich

Sorry, I missed your question. An autoharp?

Ms. Maybelle Carter started carrying it instead of laying it on her lap or on the table.
But then again I have always wondered what on earth made her play the instrument ehmmmm..... (not so good).

June Cash Carter (or Carter Cash) did much better and wrote ring of Fire on an autoharp.

Mine was from 1926 and had no buttons but only 8 bars. What more does a man need?
If you want to play at night, an acoustical instrument is not a practical choice.

Lovin' Spoonful, The Electric Prunes, Carter Family, say 50 years ago an autoharp was more commonly used.
I gave mine away 5 years ago. It's now at a farm where handicapped people live. To get some music in their kitchen too.

Kind regards, Gus

• Leonard Scaper
  • Global Moderator
  • Executive Chef
  • Guest Chef

• Yesterday at 20:27:42
    • Terra Firma
  • more
Reply #12 on: February 28, 2018, 16:19:42
I gave mine away 5 years ago. It's now at a farm where handicapped people live. To get some music in their kitchen too.

That is excellent to hear, Gus. What a wonderful thing to do!

:) :) :) :) :)

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• Today at 00:59:26
  • more
Reply #13 on: February 28, 2018, 17:46:22

That is excellent to hear, Gus. What a wonderful thing to do!

:) :) :) :) :)

yes, that is great @LePlongeur  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: but don't you miss having one?

and @Bluedusksun ...the kitchen software system (powered by @Mar T. ) says it is your birthday today......

Congratulations!!!!!! :db: :db: :db:[/color][/size][/b]

• Bluedusksun
  • Poissonier
  • Space Cowboy

• Perelandra
  • more
Reply #14 on: March 02, 2018, 17:29:17
@LePlongeur

Very Interesting. I didn't know June Carter Cash wrote Ring of fire on the autoharp. I looked it up just to hear it, it gave the chorus a very full sound. I think I saw that 1926 was the first year they trademarked the autoharp, so that's pretty cool. I'd love to try one sometime :).

I almost actually bought a harp once, I went through a weird phase of looking into alternate instruments. Luckily I only ended up with a Kalimba (which I never touch) and a student xylophone.

I also commend you on the donation, everyone needs a little music in their kitchen.  ::dj::

Thanks for the response Gus, Long Nights

@Dutchbeat

Yes it was, I was down Atlantic City for most of the week with family, came back just in time too it's snowing again :(. I actually found out that my great grandfather was a band conductor, and my grandfather played violin and saxophone. He passed last year, it's a shame that I won't get to talk to him about it. I had a really good time though, Thanks

~Rich