Author Topic: Good Day! Here's my introduction.....  (Read 241 times)

Online LePlongeur

• Vegetable Chef
  • Karma coins: 30
  • In Tartiflette we trust
Re: Good Day! Here's my introduction.....
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2018, 09:40:37 »
@Goatrelated
Thank you for welcoming me.
I hope I can live up to the expectations, as the level of making and performing is rather high on this forum.
I'm really glad with all these well-wishes.
Kind regards, Gus

Online MrBouzouki

• Rotisseur
  • Karma coins: 184
  • "Let the Creators Create" :-)
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2018, 12:22:08 »
Welcome to the Kitchen @LePlongeur
"Love and Life is all about connections"

Offline Mar T.

• Senior Site Administrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • Karma coins: 1395
  • Pay it forward! (watch that movie..)
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2018, 20:27:34 »
Hey rocker Gus, welkom in de kitchen!! ;-)
You've got an organic songwriting process that works for you, now I'm getting curious to hear your sound! Did you post a song for review in the 'Songs for review' section yet?
Lots of nice, beautiful, creative and brilliant songwriters/musicians here, have fun!!!
Cheers! :bloodymarti:
:mart:

Online LePlongeur

• Vegetable Chef
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2018, 03:49:56 »
Thank you, @MrBouzouki, for welcoming me.

See you around!
Kind regards, Gus

Online LePlongeur

• Vegetable Chef
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2018, 04:42:04 »
@Mar T.
Hi
If you're curious how my sketches sound, because they're nothing but sketches, please try and listen to the one on page 1 of this introduction.

Or:
http://www.gitaarnet.nl/forum/showthread.php?173466-Zal-met-m-n-kater-overleggen
the one I pasted in Chris' entry.

So far, the only music I published are about 30 songs over the past 8 years; plus a handfull in the folded MakeYourSongCount.
Plus the songs I've given away.

I'm a composer in the purest sense of the word. I only play each song once. As it is composed. I don't gig. And I don't fiddle around with it. Attempts to better mistakes, arrangements, the mix, the mastering? All the time I invest in a song that already exists, I can't invest in a new song. So I never do that. Is the new song audible? Then it's finished for the time being. Warts and all.

There's a small circle of people with whom I have contact outside organised or semi organised structures like forums or some such things.

There's nothing more to it.
I have my strange excentricies: Almost all my songs are in D. D Major that is. I leave the minor to the news broadcasts.
I'm essentially a percussionist/autoharp player. An electric guitar is more practical that an autoharp, so I've given in to that. Finger drumming is more practical then a real drum kit if you're living in the city, so I've given in to that too.

So thank you very much for calling me a rocker.
They coming period, I travel and in that time I have my own connection with the internet. During that period I can come to grips with the ins and outs of this forum.
Maybe set up a SoundCloud account. These things take up more time with me than with other people, because of a dyscalculie that can't be beat. It loves me. I'm sure. No way to convince it to leave me.

And also, thank you too for having me.
The amount of beautiful craftsmen and - women in the kitchen is overwhelming!
We'll be in touch! A drink with two straws? Are you proposing? (Only joking of course!)
Kind regards, Gus

Online Dutchbeat

• MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • Karma coins: 1201
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2018, 18:18:58 »
@LePlongeur  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D your lyrics are great, it is shame people that don't speak dutch can not understand them....so much fun

i was listen to your song that in english translation is called something like;

"i will discuss this with my hangover"

or

"let me check with my hangover first"

or something like that, i mean this song: http://picosong.com/wwmAQ/

how do you come up with your lyrics? they are so.....completely different...and also now i wonder what where in Geneve for....on some convention for work?
just wondering

great you joined our little songwriting forum, Gus  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: 

i hope you will also join our next songwriting challenge, i believe it is going to be something about writing a ridiculously happy and positive song....
but....i let @Mar T. decide on these things.....well, i let him decide on everything out here really  ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 18:25:53 by Dutchbeat »
I lost it...ages ago

Online LePlongeur

• Vegetable Chef
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2018, 21:22:40 »
If you clicked the link, youíll have seen what my fellow musicians think of my songwriting.
And to be very honest, my lyric writing is met with more appraisals than my songwriting as a whole. But that lyric writing is behind a wachtwoord. Donít know why. So not accessible for everyone. Iíve posted hundreds of lyrics. As opposed to 30 songs.

The melodies and the stubborn way I compose arenít everybodyís cup of tea. To be frankly.
Itís noisy, messy and tapping from a musical vein that is outdated for over 50 years.
But the Ramones envy the same girl groups (with a different outcome), so who am I to complain?

When they talk about the great American songbook, itís understood to be the Irving Berlins of this world. While I am still in awe of Ellie Greenwich for instance. 16 times in Americaís top 50 in 1964 alone. It may or may not be your taste, but the lady was very much in tune with what her public loved.
Carole King (music) and her Hubbie (lyrics), I am convinced that you can sing along with at least 30 songs of hers and know each one by heart. Regardless of your age.

I just made a ad hoc translation of the hangover song, which I will type out some time tomorrow.
I donít do the tides rolling in or out, with due respect for those people who do.
I donít do the I love you so baby please donít go. The river doing this or that?
Death letter blues? Gerroffit!
Dana texts Jeff. Thatís the world we live in. That is what I write about. And even texting is on its way out.

My grandmama always warned me to be sure to know what I was asking for.
If you ask for the maddest and craziest and happiest song of the contest, click the hang over link again and check out Fusions reaction to my very decent lyric. This oneís not about....

You tell me how far I can go, and I will be tough to beat on the subject of using, partying etc, no matter how much iíll hold back.

I am still figuring out a formula to make non Dutch speaking people enjoy what we do. Iíll think of something, donít worry. But yes, Dutch is my forte. Without a doubt.

Did I tell you how much I liked reading your post?
Well, if you didnít guess, now you know.
Itís about the Geneva Car exhibition, the hangover song. Wait and youíll see tomorrow.
Kind regards, Gus

Offline Mar T.

• Senior Site Administrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • Karma coins: 1395
  • Pay it forward! (watch that movie..)
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2018, 22:28:56 »
@Mar T.
Hi
If you're curious how my sketches sound, because they're nothing but sketches, please try and listen to the one on page 1 of this introduction.

Or:
http://www.gitaarnet.nl/forum/showthread.php?173466-Zal-met-m-n-kater-overleggen
the one I pasted in Chris' entry.

So far, the only music I published are about 30 songs over the past 8 years; plus a handfull in the folded MakeYourSongCount.
Plus the songs I've given away.

I'm a composer in the purest sense of the word. I only play each song once. As it is composed. I don't gig. And I don't fiddle around with it. Attempts to better mistakes, arrangements, the mix, the mastering? All the time I invest in a song that already exists, I can't invest in a new song. So I never do that. Is the new song audible? Then it's finished for the time being. Warts and all.

There's a small circle of people with whom I have contact outside organised or semi organised structures like forums or some such things.

There's nothing more to it.
I have my strange excentricies: Almost all my songs are in D. D Major that is. I leave the minor to the news broadcasts.
I'm essentially a percussionist/autoharp player. An electric guitar is more practical that an autoharp, so I've given in to that. Finger drumming is more practical then a real drum kit if you're living in the city, so I've given in to that too.

So thank you very much for calling me a rocker.
They coming period, I travel and in that time I have my own connection with the internet. During that period I can come to grips with the ins and outs of this forum.
Maybe set up a SoundCloud account. These things take up more time with me than with other people, because of a dyscalculie that can't be beat. It loves me. I'm sure. No way to convince it to leave me.

And also, thank you too for having me.
The amount of beautiful craftsmen and - women in the kitchen is overwhelming!
We'll be in touch! A drink with two straws? Are you proposing? (Only joking of course!)
Kind regards, Gus

Hey @LePlongeur , Gus, man, dat is bijzonder! Sounds like a special process, the way you write and capture your songs!
I especially love the lyrics in this one, great to be able to read/listen to a Dutch lyrics, doens't happen to me often ;-)
There's some cynism in them, I love it. And all of that in a rock music style.. Although it sounded a bit weird of a combination, maybe because you sing the track layed back, while the guitars carry all the energy. Apart from that I enjoyed the listen very much!
Great to have you with us Gus, and thanks for your in depth introduction!!
Cheers!!
:mart:

Online LePlongeur

• Vegetable Chef
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2018, 03:59:57 »
@Mar T.
This is beginning to look like a cozy conversation between a couple of real gentlemen.
There was an error in my last post, thanks to the apple mafia. Appraisal was meant to be approval.

What I do, basically, used to be called cabaret in the Netherlands, kleinkunst. Most of my lyrics are not autobiographical. But mainly a story. I am old enough to have been partying on Jagtlust. Fritzy Harmsen van Beek, thought it would be fun to invite the future generation. Did you ever read ĎAlle Dagen Feestí, by Remco Campert?
Whatís published in the book ĎDwars door puinstof heení is about these parties as well.
Iím sure youíve heard about Ramses Shaffyís parties? I was wild enough to party like crazy, and careful enough to be still alive.

So the hangover song is a love child of new age and the automobile industry. They both advocate to live Ďin the now/live in the momentí. Fraudulent diesels and all. When managers tell us to look to the future blah blah, they forget to tell us that by doing so, we canít learn from our mistakes.

So for those of us, not at ease with Dutch, a loose translation:

I will ask my hangover

Geneva 2017
Spring is in the air
The entrance, promising, open
Orders booked to the full

Geneva 2017
220 stands
CEOís and all the other yes-men
With heads like rained upon papers

Geneva 2017
Whoíll get the real scoop
Certainly not the local retailer
From De Ronde Hoep

Geneva 2017
The main theme, again, sports
Sustainability out through the back door
The environment dear, blown to bits

Bridge
We go from cafť to cafť
Swiss hospitality not their strongest point
But theyíve got a lot of distilled
Pure and undiluted

Refrain
I sound as if I swallowed glass
And I will ask my hangover
If it wants me to make coffee
I bet itís too late to say no

You may expect me to be an actively participating member of the club. Slightly eccentric, even by Amsterdam standards. But if we silence all the eccentrics, itís going to be boring.

When I get the hang of the technical side of this forum, you may expect me to launch some simple ideas to trigger everyoneís creativity. And my own.
So all in all, I am pretty sure weíre going to get along fine.
Kind regards, Gus

Offline Leonard Scaper

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
  • Karma coins: 779
  • Guest Chef
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2018, 13:27:01 »
@LePlongeur ....thanks for posting those very eclectic lyrics.
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

"Special thanks to Steve Gleason for making me who I am today." Leonard Scaper

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=540680

https://soundcloud.com/returntomountain

xx
Good Day to Everyone

Started by Stan Johanson on Me

8 Replies
Last post April 13, 2016, 01:55:21
by CrystalSuzy
xx
have a good day, Boudewijn!