• Junior Cook
  • Karma Hunter

• May 19, 2018, 08:44:51
    • Yorkshire
  • more
Hello everybody :-)
on: April 25, 2018, 10:02:20
Hello everyone here in the kitchen !

I am a newby here on the forum ..although I think I'm  familiar with a few faces from Soundcloud already.  :)

I have been writing music from the age of 5 when I was given a piano by one of my Father's friends..I absolutely fell in love with music from that day on. I am mainly self taught . I received some lessons as a child but due to an inability to comprehend written score and being a stubborn, self willed little so and so (wanting to compose my own songs )..I didn't make much progress .  :( .. And my  kindly and very forgiving teacher smoked like an absolute trooper in that tiny room my lessons were conducted in ( probably as a consequence of my lack of direction ! ) I never practised the music he gave me so probably not a good introduction to music ..cough cough ! Although I managed to fake  the ability to read music up to grade 3 , I struggled thereafter and gave up lessons  .. :-(

I work now with Ableton and a keyboard ..virtual instruments and a few samples scattered in the mix.. (Always drums as I'm hopeless with those !) I sing too ..but I am very much a virtual studio singer ..I would be awful at live singing due to an introverted disposition. I think my voice is weak , it has good and bad days . I would describe my style as scratty round the edges - probably all heart and not much substance . I hate focusing on minute detail.. but it's probably that skill am most in need of .

Time is my biggest issue nowadays , I have a family and job and seem to crash about 9pm lately ! School holidays are probably the best time for writing these days ! 

I am very happy to be here on the forum and am looking forward to learning more about songwriting ..and maybe offer  a humble opinion or two  ( only if requested of course ) ..great to be a part of this !

Emmazen  :)
“It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.” Antoine De Saint-Exupery

• Emmazen
  • Junior Cook
  • Karma Hunter

• Yorkshire
  • more
Re: Hello everybody :-)
Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 10:06:11

• MrBouzouki
  • Global Moderator
  • Chef de Partie
  • "Let the Creators Create" :-)

• January 16, 2019, 21:55:47
    • Sheffield, UK
    • https://www.facebook.com/Mr.Bouzouki.Music/ https://www.youtube.com/user/MisterBouzouki https://soundcloud.com/mrbouzouki
  • more
Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 12:09:31
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 13:44:22 by MrBouzouki »
Welcome to the Kitchen @Emmazen. I'm already a follower I see.  ::headphone::

I'd hear your Númenor and It's Me Now tracks but not Solomon's Song. It's another good on to my ears.
I've been getting much more into ambient / electronic music due to SoundCloud

For your information your voice certainly doesn't come across as weak at all. We are all often our own worst critics but I can her nice forward placement and a definite clear diction. So that's that sorted ;-)
Your overall songwriting lyrically sounds good so I'm sure you will be a real asset to the Kitchen so please feel free to get involved and comment on what you feel about members songs, ideas , dreams etc.

I've found the more you get involved on here, the more you get out of it. It's very much Kitchen Karma as what you give out comes back to support you. It's all about each of us supporting each other in this crazy obsession to create music.

Pull up a chair and settle on in

::OSMAN:: ::OSMAN:: ::OSMAN::

"Love and Life is all about connections"

• Leonard Scaper
  • Global Moderator
  • Executive Chef
  • Guest Chef

• Today at 22:00:21
    • Terra Firma
  • more
Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 12:58:08
Hey @Emmazen ...Welcome to The Kitchen. I am listening to "Solomons Song" right now. I really like your voice. It has a very distinct character that is at the same time strong and intimate. This is a good song as well........nicely arranged and well performed with lyrics that work quite well for me.

Take a look around at some other threads and you are sure to find something that inspires you and spurs you on to more writing. That's what we are all about here.  :) :) :)

"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

"In a world of robotic conformity, the only originality left in music is the imperfections" Eric Craptone

"Special thanks to Steve Gleason for making me who I am today." Leonard Scaper

Lenny's Tunes: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=540680

https://soundcloud.com/vincentgleason

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• Today at 21:44:21
  • more
Reply #4 on: April 25, 2018, 18:17:49
Hi @Emmazen thanks for joining this forum. I agree with @Leonard Scaper and @MrBouzouki that you voice sounds very good. Beautiful vocals on this track!!! and such a good fit with the music.  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::

i love the track you posted
me, myself, and Pie

• smajor
  • Rotisseur
  • Karma Hunter

• January 16, 2019, 03:19:08
    • Kingman, Arizona USA
    • https://soundcloud.com/smajor1
  • more
Reply #5 on: April 25, 2018, 18:43:14
Hi @Emmazen ,

Welcome to the Kitchen! I think you're going to like it.

I listened to several songs on your Soundcloud page... it's obvious that you're an accomplished songwriter, vocal artist, musician, and audio engineer. You're Emmazing  ;D

Looking forward to hearing more of your work.

Later,
Stan
I'm a lyricist seeking music writers to work with.

• Leonard Scaper
  • Global Moderator
  • Executive Chef
  • Guest Chef

• Today at 22:00:21
    • Terra Firma
  • more
Reply #6 on: April 25, 2018, 19:35:32

• LePlongeur
  • Chef de Partie
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Today at 17:53:53
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #7 on: April 25, 2018, 19:50:48
Stan often surprises me, and @Emmazen I hope he surprises you too. I think you’re Emmazing too.
I like your voice and the way you use it very very much. Well, what can I say that hasn’t been said before?

I have deleted all I have typed....... And I leave: I will be on the look out for your next one.

And remember our golden rule: you post a song and we criticize it. Not the other way around.
Now, which smiley am I supposed to paste to make sure you know i’m only kidding?
Kind regards, Gus

• Mar T.
  • Senior Site Administrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • Pay it forward! (watch that movie..)

• Today at 20:19:31
    • Duiven
    • http://twitter.com/MartiMediaSC http://www.facebook.com/MartiMedia http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEBmQkchurQ https://soundcloud.com/martimedia
  • more
Reply #8 on: April 26, 2018, 00:56:31
Hey @Emmazen , thank you so much for your detailed introduction! I loved to read that being unable to learn how to 'read' music didn't stop you from expirimenting with music. Pretty much my story  ;) I was listening to 'Myself and I' and I can hear you're able to self-criticize yourself perfectly. But I think you're too reserved  ;) I enjoyed listening to that track, lovely voice and well done instrumentation. Dreamy, catchy.. thanks for sharing!
I'm confident you'll love being one of us kitchenauts. There's lots of friendly, beautiful, creative and lovely people here.  Have fun!!  ::thumb::

Cheers!! :bloodymarti: <----Welcome cocktail  ;D
:mart:

Oh.. and .. hide... KARMA coins incoming!!!  ;)

• Emmazen
  • Junior Cook
  • Karma Hunter

• Yorkshire
  • more
Reply #9 on: April 26, 2018, 07:15:59
Thank you everyone for such a lovely and warm welcome ...and a drink too ! :-)) I can see I'm going to love being in the kitchen with you all  ::headphone::  ::Note::

Emmazenx

Reply #10 on: April 26, 2018, 16:19:32
Hi @Emmazen  and welcome to the Kitchen.. Yes I appear to be following you on SC already :) - love your sound!!

Hope you like it here and I look forward to hearing lots of your music!

Karen

Reply #11 on: April 28, 2018, 03:08:34
Hello there @Emmazen ! Welcome to the kitchen!  :)
Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

November Sound is based on the Mother, Father & Son musical trio of Melissa, Bill & Will. I'm the father so anything I post will have my wife singing and/or my son playing percussion.

• Emmazen
  • Junior Cook
  • Karma Hunter

• Yorkshire
  • more
Reply #12 on: April 28, 2018, 08:30:25
Hi Karen and Bill ,

Thank you so much for your lovely welcome too :-))) I am sat listening to your music Karen at the moment and you are AMAZING !!you have an absolutely beautiful voice ..reminiscent  of Loreena Mckennitt ( hope it's okay for me to say)! Bill I was listening to some of your music earlier you and your whole family are such talented peeps !!   Unbelievable talent here in the kitchen !!

Emma :-)

Reply #13 on: April 28, 2018, 14:22:48
Welcome!

I can't remember when or why but our paths already crossed on SoundCloud a few years ago, that's for sure.  ;)

• Emmazen
  • Junior Cook
  • Karma Hunter

• Yorkshire
  • more
Reply #14 on: April 29, 2018, 08:57:53
Hi Lophophoria ...hopefully good memories ;-) Thank you for the warm welcome in the kitchen !
Kind regards
Em :-)