• learningtoplay
  • Apprentice
  • Karma Hunter

• November 29, 2019, 04:58:14
    • Port Macquarie, Australia
  • more
Hi from learningtoplay : )
on: November 29, 2019, 02:24:24

Hello to everybody on Songwriters in the Kitchen.

Thanks very much to my good friend Oorlab for inviting me to join this forum and to those who encouraged him : )

It's taken me a little while to introduce myself as I've never been part of a forum before and I had to do some research to discover how to post  :D

Although music is an essential part of my life, I'm a latecomer to music creation. I've devoured all sorts of music - classical, jazz, folk, rock, punk, reggae, electronic, world, the lot! - all my life. However, it's only since my wife bought me a guitar about 5 years ago that I started learning a few chords, inventing a few more and piecing together what I've since posted on SoundCloud.

Recently, I've been lucky enough to collaborate with some brilliant musicians, such as Oorlab, from around the world. It has been a wonderful experience and I'm looking forward to reading and joining in some of these discussions about music and songwriting.

Thanks!!!

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• Yesterday at 19:51:44
  • more
Re: Hi from learningtoplay : )
Reply #1 on: November 29, 2019, 12:15:37
Hi @learningtoplay ,

Welcome to the Kitchen[/shadow][/color][/size][/b]

I hope you will like it out here  :pompom: :pompom: :pompom: :pompom:
me, myself, and Pie

• LePlongeur
  • Sous Chef
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Yesterday at 12:40:22
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #2 on: November 29, 2019, 12:56:36
 G’day to you, counterfeeter.
Since you and I are living exactly (they say) opposite of the other. In fact we only have the world between our feet. That’s why in NL Australians are called ‘tegenvoeters’

And I love detailed intros (not on stage though) since we’re story tellers right?
Learning to play the guitar would be a nice alias, since the rest is already in your fingers.

Welcome @learningtoplay in our Kitchen. I hope you feel at home here!
Kind regards, Gus

• Mo
  • Patissier
  • do small things with great love

• December 11, 2019, 13:29:54
  • more
Reply #3 on: November 29, 2019, 13:45:50
Hi Simon! :)
I'm glad you did yourself an own thread!  Good to have you in the kitchen, I simply quote myself from the former thread  when you introduced yourself first.

@learningtoplay
Hi Simon!
How cool to read you here now! I recently heard back your collab song with @oorlab  and thought that this worked nicley together, congrats!
As you said I'm more newbie here too but wont miss to send you  a BIG WELCOME  :pompom:!
I really enjoy ths place and I'm deeply appreciate that i live in this small period of time when we have this amazing option to connect to another doesn't matter the distance.
Its just GREAT GREAT GREAT.
Hope to hear more from you soon,
so long
Mo