• Started by Mo
  • Mo
  • Chef de Partie

• January 15, 2021, 14:16:11
  • more
Would like to learn
on: October 31, 2019, 00:18:04
Hello my dears,

you may call me Mo, I still a bit overwhelmed  about have been discovered this kitchen.
Thank you all so much for have been creating this amazing place where such great musicans and creative minds gathers to share their pure passion.
Great job!

Myself is such very new to that awesome hobby and I'm unsecure  after reading a bit if a bloody beginner is welcome though. Its embrassing to say my music background is more than poor compared to those members who are already in for years and decades and far advanced as to hear in the reviews.
Rather i never thought i would go for songwriting somewhen just was busy to rule my daily live so music never became a special topic in other ways also. But then several music related things happens suddenly to my live that did big changes to me.  And from that moment when i took a real micro first time ever in my live it hits me like the power of a flash, so to say,  that was maybe one and a half year ago. I fear Im very ill with that since then.
Luckily my friend a great guitarist, he was the guy to suggest me trying that mic, teached me some very basics about keys, messurements and roughly arrangments and we both where able to do some easy stuff together.  I want shorten that, just want mention we needed to slow down that colaboration by facing a lot of obstacles to continue as one is the 4000 miles distance between and again ruling normal live. We used Garagband, never played together in real.
Proudly we can look back to maybe a dozend scetches and one or to more final stuff, additionally i started several own songs. I love that shit, I love doing lyrics. I love have found a media to express myself and tell a story here and there. That is my aim. producing a track that i wouldn't need embrassing about to share beyond close friends and family. Just a pitty I'm a bad guitar player and need help of GB as a crutch to walk.
Im used to teach myself and yeah admit that is a lot stuff to learn as controll vocal, some theoretical music stuff, Garagband handling, another language as english isn't my mother tongue and so much more.
I know i rather don't know anything but feel that strong passion and want see where it leads me. For now I just would be happy to look about your shoulders and learn from what you are talking. I really like the style you are talking together here.

Sorry for the long post, I wish a great week to everyone!
Mo

• Mar T.
  • Senior Site Administrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • Pay it forward! (watch that movie..)

• Yesterday at 04:52:58
    • Duiven
    • http://twitter.com/MartiMediaSC http://www.facebook.com/MartiMedia http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEBmQkchurQ https://soundcloud.com/martimedia
  • more
Re: Would like to learn
Reply #1 on: October 31, 2019, 00:27:54
Hi @Mo , welcome to our kitchen and thanks for introducing yourself!!
There's a lot of friendly, brilliant, creative people here. Songwriting/music creation has a lot of aspects. Some of us master some (or all) of those aspects, some of us are learning aspects and are in the beginner stages of (some of) those aspects. We're all here.. Skill level doesn't matter.. And we try to learn from each other in every aspect. And to help each other.
Welcome Mo, have a great time here!!! And let us know how you sound! Hint: share a link to one of your songs on Soundcloud or your fav streaming service..
Cheers, Love and Peace,
Mar T.
:mart:
I'm proud of this track, check it out! https://soundcloud.com/martimedia/dreams

• Mo
  • Chef de Partie

• more
Reply #2 on: October 31, 2019, 00:50:45
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 07:30:17 by Mo »
Aww, thank you @Mar T.  fo your warm welcome!

I'm not used to share but you can't ride the waves without getting wet, right? 

https://soundcloud.com/user-65096772

The first problem I face is, that the songs always turn out slower than wanted

• Dutchbeat
  • Administrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• Yesterday at 20:04:58
  • more
Reply #3 on: October 31, 2019, 10:40:41
Hi @Mo

Welcome!
thanks for joining the kitchen  :ok: :ok: :ok:
me, myself, and Pie

• Mo
  • Chef de Partie

• more
Reply #4 on: October 31, 2019, 12:15:56
Thank you for welcome @ Dutchbeat .

If you have thoughts, doubts or any question let me know.

• LePlongeur
  • Executive Chef
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Yesterday at 09:27:28
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #5 on: October 31, 2019, 13:25:31
Welcome @Mo
I noticed how you reacted to one of the songs I have posted. I like That!

As you will notice, here in the Kitchen, itís not about doing a race. Whoís the best is not very high on our collective list.
So you donít need to worry about living up to expectations.

Remember Rick Nelsonís song Garden Party. You canít please everyone so you gotta please yourself.

My advise would be:
Try to figure out what it is you want to achieve.

Is it fame, fortune, AirPlay and being included in paying playlists?
In that case I would take suggestions on mixing and production very serious.

Are you content with writing songs?
In that case let them think what they want about your song. Because, while you are busy dolling up your most recent song, you canít write a new one, right? There are only 24 hours in a day.

So, welcome welcome, welcome!
And I hope youíll post your miningís soon.
Kind regards, Gus

• Mo
  • Chef de Partie

• more
Reply #6 on: October 31, 2019, 16:08:47
Thank you @LePlongeur  for taking your time to send me some words, i really appreciate that.

Welcome @Mo

Are you content with writing songs?
In that case let them think what they want about your song. Because, while you are busy dolling up your most recent song, you canít write a new one, right? There are only 24 hours in a day.
Yes.
I don't want or need fame and fortune for sure would destroy all that fun and passion i feel as it is related on hard industry what i'm absolutely not interested in.
The synergie effect with others is one of the most exciting things i expirienced with this songwriting that may comes in a lot of different kinds as simply inspiring another by sharing any thoughts.
As long I try songwriting just by my own i try to find a roughly way, bridge over my lack abilities for playing analog instruments. My voice maybe will be my only analog instrumet to play and so performing lyrics is main goal. I like to explore myself, experimenting with the genres and learn about all and what it does when other people will hear my ideas so at the end i hope my horizon will rise and i will become more confident. I don't have a lack of creativity or ideas, no, i ever been a creative person  I like all kind of challenges but in this stage  as all is quiet new i still struggle with baking together some basics with Garageband mostly.
Hints what rough edges need to be improved most would be very helpfull. Things that i should avoid or pay more attention for.  If it is with vocal or nogoing mesurements or boring arangements and that crappy timing etc etc.  I'm not in hurry, i already have fun and I have fun to read and  hear  this nice board for now.  :-)

• Dutchbeat
  • Administrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• Yesterday at 20:04:58
  • more
Reply #7 on: October 31, 2019, 16:34:02
hi @Mo , your tracks on Soundcloud sound good to me, great voice  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::
so i subscribed to your soundcloud

btw....we have started a new songwriting challenge in which the contestants have to collaborate with another kitcheneer, kitchenette or kitchenista .....maybe you would be interested to join in and try that, you can find the thead about this challenge here:

https://www.songwriter-forum-kitchen.com/forum/challenges/18/the-kitchen-collab-challenge-last-challenge-of-2019/5761/msg61699#msg61699

Reply #8 on: October 31, 2019, 23:01:37
Hello @Mo  .... welcome to the kitchen!!  :)
Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

November Sound is based on the Mother, Father & Son musical trio of Melissa, Bill & Will. I'm the father so anything I post will have my wife singing and/or my son playing percussion.

• Mo
  • Chef de Partie

• more
Reply #9 on: November 01, 2019, 08:46:36
Hello @Mo  .... welcome to the kitchen!!  :)
Hello @Bill from November Sound nice to meet you! :)

@Dutchbeat thank you, that means much to me.

The idea of those challenge is exciting and sure i would love to support it.
If the expection isn't too high and someeone would pick up me and guide me through the processes of sharing , yeah  then sounds fun.  :D

Reply #10 on: November 01, 2019, 13:00:50
Hey @Mo .......I listened to your music and you definitely have something unique going. That is a very good thing! It sounds as if you have a passion for this and that is another VERY good thing.  :)

Making music is such a powerful thing. Don't be shy and don't worry about what people think....just let your music bloom! And this Kitchen is a fantastic place to do that. Welcome!

"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

"In a world of robotic conformity, the only originality left in music is the imperfections" Eric Craptone

"Special thanks to Steve Gleason for making me who I am today." Leonard Scaper

Lenny's Tunes: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=540680

https://soundcloud.com/vincentgleason

• oorlab
  • Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
  • savoir vivre

• Yesterday at 22:43:11
    • netherlands
    • https://twitter.com/oorlab https://soundcloud.com/oorlab
  • more
Reply #11 on: November 02, 2019, 00:33:04
Welcome @Mo - nice to read your first post and follow-ups in this thread. I am curious - what was "several music related things happens suddenly to my live that did big changes to me"  - what musical thinghappened?

Enjoyed listening to your sketches, interesting vocals - lots of ideas there!
new guitar 4-6-2020 https://soundcloud.com/oorlab/12string-demo1 12string Cort.

• Mo
  • Chef de Partie

• more
Reply #12 on: November 02, 2019, 09:41:31
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 09:54:41 by Mo »
I don't say it to just want be nice but please let me repeat what awesome please the kitchen is! You already helped me so much in this short time maybe rather without knowing it!

I am curious - what was "several music related things happens suddenly to my live that did big changes to me"  - what musical thinghappened?
I thought a bit how i could answer that content shortly because this aspects belongs entirely to the topic of 'philosophy of live'  that  isn't maybe to understand that easy by just tell those 'events'. I  would prefer to conversat this rather more in person than on a public board  ;-)  But ok the things happens rather all by accidant to mentioj  as joining a  few gathering of musicans that i really like for their personas, maybe a bit more than for their music, and wisdom what they were  creating with another and suddenly get the power what is behind that reall was mind blowing. Furthjer beginning of close friendship, also more by accidant ,with a passionate longterm musican  that i get know as just a business contact ( not music related) , and the resulting convesrations about our different views to music. Also i detected  similar  time frame that i have a voice. That all happened not  really  related  to another. But all together for me was as  door what  suddenly tosses open and i could have a look through without i rather knew that it was there before... lol . 
 The reason  rather I mentioned that in the entry was more to explain that you will have to expect maybe rough and naiv things if you would accept me, becaue i don't  have that ' normal music background'.

• oorlab
  • Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
  • savoir vivre

• Yesterday at 22:43:11
    • netherlands
    • https://twitter.com/oorlab https://soundcloud.com/oorlab
  • more
Reply #13 on: November 02, 2019, 10:04:10
@Mo  - that's good to read. Discovering you have a voice for music, is certainly a positive change.
"' normal music background'" - none of us have this, I don't think it exists. Inspirational stories is what binds us.

• Mo
  • Chef de Partie

• more
Reply #14 on: November 02, 2019, 10:10:28
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 10:26:46 by Mo »
Yeah, i think i get that. :-)

'Normal  music backgrounds'  for doing music or songwriting  for me was ( was! ;-) ) You maybe have to study minimum your instrument  and or music theory and or joining bands.... as  a pilot need  that special education to fly a plane.

xx
Here to learn

Started by robertkc on Me

11 Replies
Last post October 29, 2018, 17:37:01
by robertkc
clip
Another 'New Toy' ... and something else to learn

Started by MrBouzouki on The kitchen cafť

11 Replies
Last post November 17, 2020, 03:41:39
by Bill from November Sound
xx
EXTREME.. guilty pleasures, and what we can learn from those

Started by Dutchbeat on The kitchen cafť

21 Replies
Last post September 30, 2020, 21:28:29
by Dutchbeat
xx
Watch And Learn - (new original song - by Layerson)

Started by Layerson on Songs for review

20 Replies
Last post May 25, 2020, 21:28:42
by Layerson
xx
Just some noob/newbie/starter who wants to learn music

Started by HappyDays on Me

5 Replies
Last post August 10, 2019, 11:08:23
by LePlongeur