• Mar T.
  • Senior Site Administrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • Pay it forward! (watch that movie..)

• Yesterday at 14:51:12
    • Duiven
  • more
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 01:52:25 by Mar T. »
HI all, few weeks ago I bought a drone and I've been flying it through a windmill parc close to where I live, in the hour before sunset (beautiful weather).
I made a videoclip from the footage, color graded it, and added one of my Dutch songs from 10 years ago ('Toen je me nodig had') as the soundtrack. On my PC it runs very smooth, I hope YouTube doesn't mess up the quality ;-)
I hope you enjoy watching and listening!

4k version with corrected framerate (be sure to select the highest 4k resolution in the lower right corner of the Youtube player, watch out when you're on mobile, that consumes a lot of data):

Yesterday's HD version with wrong framerate in my post-production software Davinci Resolve 15 (will delete that in a week or so, but I like to share my mistakes as well):

Lyrics in Dutch:

Toen je me nodig had

Al zag ik het zo vaak niet
Al was ik veel te vaak ver weg
Ik liet je veel te lang alleen
Maar dat voelde ik later pas

Misschien was ik blind maar
Geloof m'n hart als ik je zeg
De kleine dingen die je deed
Lieten me voelen dat jij d'r was

Deze leegte voelt zo kil
En de ruimte zo benauwd
Stond de tijd maar niet zo stil
Had ik maar samen met jou op morgen vertrouwd
Ik rende weg om er voor je te zijn
Maar stoppen was beter geweest
Ik sloeg geen arm om je heen, toen je me nodig had

Een druppelende kraan
En het tikken van de verwarming
Jouw plantjes in de vensterbank
Staan verwaarloosd voor het glas

Je koos eindelijk je eigen plan
Al wilde ik niet dat je ging
De kleine dingen die ontbreken
Zeggen mij dat jij hier net nog was

Misschien was ik blind maar
Geloof mijn hart als ik je zeg
De kleine dingen die je deed
Lieten me voelen dat jij d'r was

Lyrics google translated into English:

When you needed me

Although I didn't see it that often
Although I was far too often far away
I left you alone for far too long
But I only felt that later

Maybe I was blind
Believe my heart when I tell you
The little things you did
Made me feel that you were with me

This emptiness feels so cold
And the space is so stuffy
Time didn't stand still
If only we'd have trusted  tomorrow would be better
I ran away to be there for you
But stopping would have been better
I didn't put that arm around you that you needed

A dripping tap
And the ticking of the heating
Your plants in the windowsill
Are neglected in front of the glass

You finally chose your own plan
Although I didn't want you to go
The little things that are missing
Tell me you were just here

Maybe I was blind
Believe my heart when I tell you
The little things you did
Made me feel that you were here

Cheers!!

Mar T.
:mart:
I'm proud of this track, check it out! https://soundcloud.com/martimedia/dreams

• LePlongeur
  • Sous Chef
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Yesterday at 19:36:56
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Sublime footage @Mar T.
If itís rubbish to begin with, no editing will make it right.

Love songs is a matter of choice. But apart from that, I think you could give this Mrt T another chance.
Lovely little song!

And what combination. Your drone looking out for your love?
If that isnít an idea for the next one?
Kind regards, Gus

• Leonard Scaper
  • Global Moderator
  • Executive Chef
  • Guest Chef

• Yesterday at 21:49:41
    • Terra Firma
  • more
What a beautiful piece, @Mar T. !!! The music and the footage work wonderfully together.
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

"In a world of robotic conformity, the only originality left in music is the imperfections" Eric Craptone

"Special thanks to Steve Gleason for making me who I am today." Leonard Scaper

Lenny's Tunes: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=540680

https://soundcloud.com/vincentgleason

Wow @Mar T. !!

I love this! the shots are brilliant - great views and colours and light & shadows! And it was cool that you were captured walking as well! The music goes very well with the footage, I don't think that I had ever heard this song of yours.... and you're speaking Dutch!!! :D :D

+ PS >> and your country is really beautiful! :) The video is reminding me of when I flew to the Netherlands some years ago.

Looking forward to seeing more music videos from you now!! :D :D

Rachel
Rachel  ::Rachel::
https://.com/rachel_debattista

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• Yesterday at 23:19:03
  • more
that was a brilliant watch and listen @Mar T.
wow

do check this out @Goatrelated  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::

because...wasn't this song....promised to be...for the revival of Marti & the Perenijsjes?

what a great song @Mar T.  ::headphone:: ::headphone:: ::headphone:: ::headphone:: ::headphone:: ::headphone:: ::headphone:: ::headphone::
me, myself, and Pie

• Mar T.
  • Michelin Starred Chef

• Duiven
  • more
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 01:56:04 by Mar T. »
Sublime footage @Mar T.
If itís rubbish to begin with, no editing will make it right.

Love songs is a matter of choice. But apart from that, I think you could give this Mrt T another chance.
Lovely little song!

And what combination. Your drone looking out for your love?
If that isnít an idea for the next one?
Kind regards, Gus

Hi Gus ( @LePlongeur ) you're absolutely right, the input footage has to be perfect... I shot the movie in 4k 30 frames per second, and used an nd filter with polarizer filter on the lens to bring the shutterspeed to 1/60th (double the framerate). That should give some motion blur. I shot in a flat color configuration ( d-cinelike ) with low saturation, contrast and sharpness settings. Color graded in post-production using Davinci Resolve 15.

Unfortunately I made a small mistake in my Davinci production software, so the framerate of my software was locked to 24 frames per second instead of 30. That is visible, so I'm uploading a new version to youtube right now in the full 4k resolution. I'll paste the link in the opening post.

I made this clip for testing purposes (learning), and was searching for an audiotrack to accompany the videoshots. Loved that 10y old lovesong (actually a breakup song) .

Hahaha a drone looking out for love.. coool! Thanks for stopping by and I'm glad you enjoyed the clip (make sure to watch the corrected 4k version ;-) )

What a beautiful piece, @Mar T. !!! The music and the footage work wonderfully together.

Thanks Steve ( @Leonard Scaper  )!! Incredible lots of fun to play with such a piece of high-tech..

Wow @Mar T. !!

I love this! the shots are brilliant - great views and colours and light & shadows! And it was cool that you were captured walking as well! The music goes very well with the footage, I don't think that I had ever heard this song of yours.... and you're speaking Dutch!!! :D :D

+ PS >> and your country is really beautiful! :) The video is reminding me of when I flew to the Netherlands some years ago.

Looking forward to seeing more music videos from you now!! :D :D

Rachel

Heeeey @Rachel_D !!
Glad you liked the clip and song! No I don't think I ever shared that song here, eh nowhere actually. But I found it worked well with the shots as well.. ;-)
Yes our small country is handsome isn't it? It's flat, but beautiful.. So is Malta btw.. Wow..
Yeah I'm afraid there's going to be more music-clips with drone footage in the future. Also revisting my photo/video hobby, so expect shots from all possible angles and zoomranges haha..
Cheers for stopping by and great to hear you liked this little clip!

that was a brilliant watch and listen @Mar T.
wow

do check this out @Goatrelated  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::

because...wasn't this song....promised to be...for the revival of Marti & the Perenijsjes?

what a great song @Mar T.  ::headphone:: ::headphone:: ::headphone:: ::headphone:: ::headphone:: ::headphone:: ::headphone:: ::headphone::

Thank you my friend @Dutchbeat ! Haha yes that was a song in the same style as the 'perenijsjes' ('Zoals liefde') haha. I just need a background choir ;-) Good to hear you liked the clip and song!!

Ultra HD (4k) version with corrected framerate is uploading to youtube, I'll edit the opening post when it's done (takes a while, big file ( 8Gb )).

Cheers everybody and thanks for listening and watching!
Mar T.
:mart:

@Mar T. that's great news! very much looking forward to view the results of your new hobby! :D Maybe someday (when you've got sooo much footage that you woudn't know what to do with it)... we can collaborate and do a music video for my song OR a song for your video :D

• Jambrains
  • Chef de Partie
  • You ain't seen nothing yet..

• November 06, 2019, 12:28:21
  • more
Man, I'm sorry but all I could think off as I watched you walking back and forth among the windmills was Don Quijote!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Let man's petty nations tear themselves apart
My land's only borders lie around my heart

• Mar T.
  • Michelin Starred Chef

• Duiven
  • more
@Mar T. that's great news! very much looking forward to view the results of your new hobby! :D Maybe someday (when you've got sooo much footage that you woudn't know what to do with it)... we can collaborate and do a music video for my song OR a song for your video :D

That is a deal @Rachel_D ! Always let me know if you're searching for specific footage, and maybe I have something in my collection. Helping each other creating music / video is awesome!! Cheers!

Man, I'm sorry but all I could think off as I watched you walking back and forth among the windmills was Don Quijote!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Hahahaha, just testing @Jambrains , just testing..

Hi @Mar T. That was beautiful to see. Your song lyrics are touching and I love the production! Your harmonies are always awesome!  :pompom:
Do what makes your heart sing :)

Great to hear & watch @Mar T.  ! Brilliant footage, so much possibilities for new clips and documentaries and views to look at the world. And the song is nice, there are some fine chord changes in there, and it has an upbeat flavour....
recommending https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_Music_Works "How music works", book by David Byrne.

exclamation
New Songs, New Youtube Channel I NEED YOUR SUPPORT

Started by ItsRilo on Songs for review

0 Replies
Last post August 10, 2018, 23:00:03
by ItsRilo
xx
The first record that you bought

Started by Wicked Deeds on The kitchen cafť

6 Replies
Last post January 08, 2014, 06:26:58
by fischermans
xx
Just bought a matched pair of Rode M5 mics!

Started by Mar T. on The kitchen cafť

1 Replies
Last post November 14, 2016, 11:26:36
by Rachel_D
xx
Zagreb soundtrack clip

Started by oorlab on Other Arts

2 Replies
Last post October 07, 2018, 11:32:34
by Leonard Scaper
xx
The March (Movie Soundtrack)