• My novel - Sixth Beatle - When Music Changed The World
  • Started by MichaelA
  • MichaelA
  • Chef de Partie
  • Songwriting Addict

• March 06, 2019, 13:28:43
    • Somewhere near Liverpool, UK
  • more
I know I haven't mentioned it yet, but I wrote a music themed novel.  ;) It's called 'Sixth Beatle' and is about a kid living in 1960s/70s Liverpool who is a brilliant musician. His songs are so great sometimes people feel amazing changes of fortune occur if they hear him play. That's on one level. On a deeper level it is a psychological story about a tortured mind. And its filled with musical references and great tunes!

Someone recently wrote a review on Amazon saying if they could have given it six stars, then they would have. And it wasn't even my wife!

So if you fancy having a Summer read it is only 0.99 on Kindle, or also available in paperback - and available all around the world too. Just look it up in your own country's version of Amazon.

Here it is on Amazon UK https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1490952594/ref=rdr_ext_tmb

Shameless plug over   ;D - but it is a great read for musicians or a great gift for anyone you know with a musical inclination. If you do buy it, be sure to leave a review!!! Thank you so much!

Michael
If you like novels with a musical theme, why not try 'Sixth Beatle - When Music Changed The World', easily found on Amazon and Google. It is amazing, although as the author I may be biased!

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• Today at 00:08:50
  • more
Hi @MichaelA , i might buy the book

it sounds interesting and nice to read, and yes, when i have finished it, i may give a review here in the kitchen and on Amazon

i think i will like it  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::
well done for writing a music and songwriting-related novel  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::

me, myself, and Pie

• Leonard Scaper
  • Global Moderator
  • Executive Chef
  • Guest Chef

• Yesterday at 21:41:26
    • Terra Firma
  • more
Congratulations on getting published.

I have done some writing as well over the years but I have never had one of my novels published. This one sounds like a great story.
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

"In a world of robotic conformity, the only originality left in music is the imperfections" Eric Craptone

"Special thanks to Steve Gleason for making me who I am today." Leonard Scaper

Lenny's Tunes: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=540680

https://soundcloud.com/vincentgleason

• MichaelA
  • Chef de Partie
  • Songwriting Addict

• March 06, 2019, 13:28:43
    • Somewhere near Liverpool, UK
  • more
Hi @Dutchbeat, it would be great if you bought it and maybe did a review later. If you do buy it and hate it, then I will send you an equivalently priced book of your choice from Amazon! But you won't hate it as the music element will keep you liking it  :)

The plot line is a bit strange at times, but if you persevere to the end it all makes perfect sense!

Hey @Leonard Scaper I am not surprised you have done some creative writing too over the years, given the importance of lyrics in your songs. I wanted to do this one as I didn't think there were enough music related novels/stories around, and of course you are always advised to write about something that's close to your heart. So music worked for me.

It is a hard slog though compared to knocking a song out in anything from a few minutes to a couple of days. I worked on this for five years on and off, depending on my work schedule. But I am proud of it now - even if it does not become a best seller!

xx
Music of the World

Started by Bill from November Sound on Life

18 Replies
Last post January 06, 2019, 17:07:22
by Bill from November Sound
xx
Getting your music out to the world

Started by junemay on Songwriting Ingredients

2 Replies
Last post September 27, 2017, 09:09:16
by TrevorGilligan
xx
A Call to Share Your Music With the World......

Started by Bill from November Sound on Life

10 Replies
Last post December 15, 2017, 03:41:43
by Bill from November Sound
xx
Cycling has changed (an off topic: tour de france topic)

Started by Dutchbeat on Life

8 Replies
Last post August 14, 2016, 11:46:48
by redmando
xx
The Songs Of Angels --- Music by Jeff Falk, my newest music writer

Started by smajor on Songs for review

7 Replies
Last post April 29, 2018, 23:12:19
by smajor