• Chef de Partie
  • "Let the Creators Create" :-)

• November 07, 2018, 23:16:31
    • Sheffield, UK
  • more
The Pilgrims Way Project website is live
on: July 09, 2018, 14:31:28
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 14:34:04 by MrBouzouki »
Well I've knocked up a simple website fro The Pilgrims Way Project.

It does feature a link to the Kitchen in the blurb and name-checks a few people as they were part of my blurb on Soundcloud where I took some of the information from.

It should be responsive so it should work across phones and tablet in addition to normal screen sizes. Another tinkering hobby of mine ;-)

http://www.pilgrims-way.co.uk/

I'm still tinkering with it so it's not quite ready for full launch yet. Actually, I guess I will 'always' be tinkering with it ... LOL
"Love and Life is all about connections"

• Leonard Scaper
  • Global Moderator
  • Executive Chef
  • Guest Chef

• Yesterday at 22:29:52
    • Terra Firma
  • more
Re: The Pilgrims Way Project website is live
Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 17:54:41
The site really looks good, MrB. It is inviting and informative. I like the way you have the links to the songs set up.
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

"In a world of robotic conformity, the only originality left in music is the imperfections" Eric Craptone

"Special thanks to Steve Gleason for making me who I am today." Leonard Scaper

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=540680

• LePlongeur
  • Chef de Partie
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Yesterday at 21:52:47
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 19:23:39
The site looks great. The music is fantastic. What else do we need?
I really can't understand why you think of polish it still further.
I've said it before: I think this cycle is one of the most courageous adventures on/in the Kitchen.
Amen to that (if I may say so myself).
Kind regards, Gus

Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 19:38:00
Wow @MrBouzouki ! This is fantastic .... everything about it! Amazing project.

(I tested out the responsiveness of the website as well and I'm very impressed. I wish I could do that so well. I wish I had your skills. On our website I had to create a mobile variation where I couldn't really fit everything when squished to phone size... oh well most of it's there.)
Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

November Sound is based on the Mother, Father & Son musical trio of Melissa, Bill & Will. I'm the father so anything I post will have my wife singing and/or my son playing percussion.

• Zedd
  • Global Moderator
  • Executive Chef

• Yesterday at 23:41:57
    • https://soundcloud.com/monnodb
  • more
Reply #4 on: July 09, 2018, 19:54:00
Hey @MrBouzouki - looks fab! What a project!

Thanks for the call out too - much appreciated :)!

K

• MichaelA
  • Chef de Partie
  • Songwriting Addict

• Yesterday at 14:56:21
    • Somewhere near Liverpool, UK
    • HTTPS//:soundcloud.com/Michael-a-duffy
  • more
Reply #5 on: July 10, 2018, 12:35:03
Nice work there @MrBouzouki , a cool digital record of your project and its components.

One slight suggestion: the 'introduction' is a bit on the brief side maybe. Could you put up a map, for example, or something like that? Just a thought. But overall, this is all really informative and very well set out. Good one!  ::thumb::
If you like novels with a musical theme, why not try 'Sixth Beatle - When Music Changed The World', easily found on Amazon and Google. It is amazing, although as the author I may be biased!

Reply #6 on: July 10, 2018, 18:18:17
@MrBouzouki interesting stuff! iíve been to the holy island area as live in durham! pretty cool to have a main project to focus on!

• MrBouzouki
  • Chef de Partie
  • "Let the Creators Create" :-)

• November 07, 2018, 23:16:31
    • Sheffield, UK
  • more
Reply #7 on: July 11, 2018, 18:28:54
Cheers folks, I've done a bit more work on it and I've got a better navigation system in place now.
A long scroll for phones and tablets is a bit of a bind, so now I've got a more modern looking menu and also links to return to the top easily at the end of each section.
I've made The Kitchen Banner a bit bigger too ;-)

Cheers for the idea @MichaelA - I might look at the map idea at some point. The hardest thing would be getting an old-style map without any copyright on it.
But you did persuaded me to look at what else I could do so I've included a quote about the Pilgrims Way over to Lindisfarne by Sir Walter Scott.  ;D ;D ;D

We love it up there @man of simple pleasures - in fact we will be going up again around our Wedding Anniversary and then going on to a friends 50th Birthday Party.
I'm hoping a bit more videos footage, photos etc. will give me more inspiration.

I have no problem supplying you my template @Bill from November Sound if you wanted to have a play.