Songwriters in the Kitchen!

Board index => The kitchen café => Topic started by: Wicked Deeds on January 07, 2014, 22:13:30

Title: The first record that you bought
Post by: Wicked Deeds on January 07, 2014, 22:13:30
The first record/CD/cassette that you bought - please choose only one! Come on kitchener's I reckon we've all bought a stinker or two!  I honestly can't remember my first purchase but will admit that I loved listening to my sister's shockingly bad choice - 'long a Haired Lover From Liverpool' - now who sang that song? - cone on I dare you to remind me!  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Title: Re: The first record that you bought
Post by: Dutchbeat on January 07, 2014, 22:18:31
ah, i was a bit late bying records and singles myself....but my first was the LP Upstairs at Erics from Yazoo...i remember riding home on my bike for ten kilometers with that record.....the anticipating...

and my first single....don?t laugh...i know exactly..it was moonlight shadow from Mike Oldfield

come...don?t laugh  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
Post by: Michael on January 07, 2014, 22:25:07
The first CD I ever bought is actually one that I still love - 'Hot Fuss' by The Killers. I heard the album's single 'Mr Brightside' on the radio and just HAD to buy the album. Still among my top 10 favourite songs :)

And DB, I have that same memory of the bike-ride home from the store... I swear I've never gone faster on a bike than on that day just to get home and play the CD   :D
Post by: Dutchbeat on January 07, 2014, 22:31:13
haha, and  had that again when, the second abum from Yazoo came out: You and me Both

from Yazoo
the biking home was almost killing me, because i knew how good it would be

to be very honest, there are only three records that really, really get me excited

these two from Yazoo,

and the debut album from Alphaville
called Forever Young

nothing else came that close to perfection, just these three records, must have been an age thing  :P :P :P
Post by: Wicked Deeds on January 07, 2014, 22:34:24
I had a thing about Claire Grogan from Altered Images back in the day but I'm getting of track now  ;D 
Post by: digger72 on January 07, 2014, 23:15:17
Radio Ga Ga - Queen, or Run Runaway by Slade, or it may have been something by Dio.

First album was Shout At The Devil by Motley Crue.

Long Haired Lover - Donny Osmond?
Post by: fischermans on January 08, 2014, 06:26:58
First LP I bought was Breakfast In America from Supertramp