Songwriters in the Kitchen!

Board index => Me => Topic started by: Cazrolina on April 17, 2017, 02:44:51

Title: Hello to one and all. House loving Housewife, Surrey, Uk
Post by: Cazrolina on April 17, 2017, 02:44:51
Hello to One and All.  And a Happy Easter to you :)

I'm Caroline, singer/songwriter and housewife, 37, yet again burning the candle at both ends as its now past 1am. NevermindÖ.

I posted an add on a band joining website before Christmas as I'm desperate to get back into music. I dabbled with a bit of DJing and studio-mucking-about back in the day but I haven't worked with others for a very long time.  Iím looking for likeminded peeps that might like to collaborate or perhaps join a band for fun and potential multi gazillion pound record deal. (Laughs and winks)

I started mucking about with a few house/jazzy type tracks on iphone intua app before I had my 2 children. And as they now both sleep all night (crossed fingers..) and will both soon be in school/nursery (woop woop. and praise be to Jesus) I have picked up my favourite pass time again and started writing a few new bits and bobs, this time on Garageband.  All mainly dance music influenced.

My musical tastes are pretty eclectic, from Fleetwood Mac to trippy progressive tech-house. Iím looking to head towards dance music/soul/house/tech/80s/ funk/jazz/disco/ambient/electronic directions.  Love all that, and oh how I love a synth. But Iím not closed to other genres.

Iím taking the plunge and going down the home studio set up road this month - once I get my hands on my very first mic and studio bundle that I have my eye on.  I plan to get all my WIP tracks ship shape, finished and polished.... Once I've worked out how to do this, and what the heck you do with a focusrite audio interface.... Haha.

Instrument wise, I've played keys since age 4 and I can pick up a guitar and give it a go - but don't laugh.

Well. Thatís me. In a nutshell. 
Or should it be egg shell. (GroanÖ)

Look forward to "meeting" you.
Happy Monday
Caz x

https://soundcloud.com/cazrolina-1
Title: Re: Hello to one and all. House loving Housewife, Surrey, Uk
Post by: Mar T. on April 17, 2017, 04:03:48
Hey @Cazrolina welcome to the #1 songwriting forum on this very planet! Thanks for your introduction, and I'm sure you'll meet likeminded creators here! Have fun!!!  :whistle: :whistle:

Whoop, whoop!
:mart:

PS. HIDE!! Karma incoming!!
Post by: Dutchbeat on April 17, 2017, 09:57:33
Hi @Cazrolina

welcome to the kitchen from another synth lover!

Grab a kitchen chair and make yourself at home.

let me start with sending you some welcome karma points.....so watch out  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Incoming..............Karma Points!!!!!
Post by: denovo on April 17, 2017, 12:41:03
Glad you made it Caz! Welcome.

Cheers,
-Dan
Post by: marcus_jb on April 17, 2017, 12:56:24
Welcome to the kitchen Caz ! I hope you'll like it here !   

Best Marcus
Post by: Zedd on April 27, 2017, 16:37:27
Welcome to the Kitchen @Cazrolina - hope you enjoy it here.. Look forward to checking out your music :)