Songwriters in the Kitchen!

Board index => Songs for review => Topic started by: seriousfun on May 21, 2014, 05:18:18

Title: Shoot Her To The Moon
Post by: seriousfun on May 21, 2014, 05:18:18
This is about the only thing I have written so far this year. Times are grim.  I have been totally without enthusiasm with regard to writing. Have been playing a lot but just not writing so here is the one thing I have done.

https://soundcloud.com/allan-kilgour/shoot-her-to-the-moon (https://soundcloud.com/allan-kilgour/shoot-her-to-the-moon)

I am currently working on a collab with a couple of the guys from here so hopefully that, and posting this song will be enough to kick start me again :)

I would like to add that the lead guitar was played by Andy, my guitarist from my trio.

Wakin up to a whisky
Off to bed around noon
It?s one hell of a lifetime
Gotta change somethin? soon

Try  to hide from my woman
Sleepin patterns assist
But the bottles the best help
I just cant resist

CHORUS

She keepin me on my toes yeah
She keep her hand in my pocket
Gunna shoot her to the moon
On a Gemini rocket

SOLO

They say beauty is skin deep
test that theory just cant wait
buy her concrete boots  and
drop her in the lake

REPEAT CHORUS

I see a kit set on EBay
Ex nasa flying machine
For $50 extra
I bought it, sight unseen

No time left for whiskey
busy putting nuts on bolts
and I stand back and survey
my finished results

REPEAT CHORUS

Title: Re: Shoot Her To The Moon
Post by: digger72 on May 21, 2014, 11:03:51
Hi Allan,

Great to hear from you. Everyone seems to be on a musical downer lately - i'm just coming out of my own, i hope.

Nice swinging groove. Nice modern blues which lyrically brings it in to the present. Loving that spoken outro bit.
Guitar and vocals are spot on - as expected.

Yep. Good to have you back.

Digger

Ps - weren't you touring? How did it go?
Post by: CrystalSuzy on May 21, 2014, 12:11:23
So nice to hear something from you Alan...I've missed you :) awesome blues tunes and very well put together :) really enjoyable listen :)

I love the lyrics...very clever... and your vocals are stellar as always, as are the guitar and bass...in other words, an ace production all round

Digger's right :o there seems to be a bout of the 'songwriter's blues' going around, and it seems to have hit some of the best songwriters on here :o

I know you'll all be back at it again real soon though :-*
Post by: Dutchbeat on May 22, 2014, 17:24:00
weird lyrics.....and nice work, Allan!!!!!!
haha: "where's my camera".......... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

it sounds like the good old Seriousfun to me.......

serious songcrafting combined with serious fun

Post by: jmacdon on May 29, 2014, 22:05:17
Hi Allan

Another great blues track :-)  I hear a bit of Jools Holland here (or maybe it just sounds a bit like his World Of His Own album).

Lyrics are crazy but actually work.....wakin up to a whisky....concrete boobs....nasa flying machine..... man, I want want what you're drinking :-) :-)

Fantastic music :-)
Post by: fischermans on June 04, 2014, 07:09:51
Allan very good blues feeling comes to me with your track. The onliest shame is you only wrote one song this year.
Lyrics are great. ;D
Alexander