Songwriters in the Kitchen!

Board index => Songs for review => Topic started by: Mora Amaro La Loba on May 23, 2019, 23:58:57

Title: The roses of Luck
Post by: Mora Amaro La Loba on May 23, 2019, 23:58:57
The roses, those flowers that usually get stained with our blood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPTuCYTeETQ

Leaning
to the window
of my daily life

Leaning
to the window
of my daily life

I stay there
without words
no concepts
or thoughts

watching how the wind ruffles the living things
and goes around the corners

While the clock sounds
I get lost in my mind
asking me
asking me
how many things
does a thought mean

how many invented words
has the soul

I am only eyes
that look at me
and feel with moments
that wet my retina  x2

Leaning to the window
of my daily life

Leaning to the window
of my daily life

Watching how the wind ruffles the living things
abd goes around the corners

and sometimes
sometimes
sometimes removes
thorns
from the roses of my luck

and sometimes
sometimes
sometimes removes
thorns
from the roses of my luck
Title: Re: The roses of Luck
Post by: Leonard Scaper on May 24, 2019, 14:46:38
I like these lyrics, Mora.......a window is a very cool thing. It is a portal to another space and a threshold to another perspective. You have captured that.

Is there music for these excellent lyrics?
Post by: Mora Amaro La Loba on May 24, 2019, 16:37:30
I like these lyrics, Mora.......a window is a very cool thing. It is a portal to another space and a threshold to another perspective. You have captured that.

Is there music for these excellent lyrics?

Oops! I forgot to put the link! It is now fixed and the video is available in my post.

Thanks for reading me, now I hope you will finally listen to my song!!!  @Leonard Scaper
Post by: robertkc on May 25, 2019, 19:41:31
The music fits these introspective lyrics, @Mora Amaro La Loba , as do the video images ( not usually a fan of music videos, I find yours well worth experiencing full screen ::thumb::).
I like the way you play with the rhythm in parts of the vocal  " watching how the wind ruffles the living things
                                                                                                                           and goes around the corners"   such a good fit with the jazzy movement of music there.
Very good!

Robert
Post by: Mora Amaro La Loba on May 27, 2019, 17:11:17
The music fits these introspective lyrics, @Mora Amaro La Loba , as do the video images ( not usually a fan of music videos, I find yours well worth experiencing full screen ::thumb::).
I like the way you play with the rhythm in parts of the vocal  " watching how the wind ruffles the living things
                                                                                                                           and goes around the corners"   such a good fit with the jazzy movement of music there.
Very good!

Robert

Thank you @robertkc
You always are very kind... and yes, it's a beautiful vid.
Post by: Deleted on May 29, 2019, 17:39:31
The windows are a recurring theme in my daydreams, they are the eye of my house, the eye by which I look at what there is and what there is not ... And many times it is the eye that looks in from the other side ...
And... how could I forget my clock, dragging the time, that slave condemned to measure himself through our passage.
And the roses, those flowers that usually get stained with your blood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPTuCYTeETQ

@Mora Amaro La Loba  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::heart::
Everything starts like a lullaby
Then everything is becoming adult
Until the great road opens
Which brings us to those protected places
Where you hide your truth and your dreams come true
Congratulations  ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::
Post by: Mar T. on May 29, 2019, 23:23:39
Hi @Mora Amaro La Loba , that was a nice chill moment, listening this song and your always creative video's accompanying the track.

This phrase gave me a little happy moment..

While the clock sounds
I get lost in my mind
asking me
asking me
how many things
does a thought mean

...good question!

Nice work, enjoyed listening/watching.. And thanks for sharing!
Cheers, peace and love,
Mar T.
:mart:
Post by: Jurgen on May 30, 2019, 05:34:31
Great lyrics @Mora Amaro La Loba - the theme of windows and wind is very powerful and creates a lot of imagery.

I particularly like "and sometimes
sometimes
sometimes removes
thorns
from the roses of my luck"

It shows the power that wind can have.

Great video as well.

cheers
Post by: Mora Amaro La Loba on May 30, 2019, 19:42:28
@Marcus Nalgaber
You are my poet!!!  :loveit: :loveit: ::heart:: ::heart:: ::heart:: ::heart:: ::heart:: ::heart::

@Mar T.
Thank you!!
It's true, but that happens when the thoughts are spontaneous, not generated by you.

@Jurgen
Thank you!  I am a fan of wind, without wind everything would remain motionless, the seeds would fall only at the foot of their fathers, etc ..., the clouds would remain motionless ... everything would be a portrait ...