Songwriters in the Kitchen!

Board index => Songs for review => Topic started by: LePlongeur on October 30, 2019, 07:13:06

Title: Sha la la mixture
Post by: LePlongeur on October 30, 2019, 07:13:06
https://soundclick.com/r/s8arm8

Sha la la mixture

Took Joan's pictures, naked, in the fitting room
and I used Emma's mobile
right away, I send them to her new boy friend
that relationship won't last a while

And I watch Emma, slowly slowly dancing
her shoes loosely in her hand
her movements are almost sort of trance like
why she has doubts I don't understand

Br
So I let her quietly enjoy her drink
it seemed like her way of partying
I know it's all a matter of time
happy gorgeous is what I'm seeing

Ch
She calls it her sha la la mixture
it's her idea of being free
I know what it takes before she will
come upstairs and snuggle up with me

Was it appropriate to take Evelyn
against the door at the party
it looked like a revolutionary way
to clean the windows to me

Then I hand a full glass back to Emma
who empties it in one go
o my God it seemed quite funny at the time
but was it funny? I don't know

Br
So I let her quietly enjoy her drink
it seemed like her way of partying
I know it's all a matter of time
happy gorgeous is what I'm seeing

Ch
She calls it her sha la la mixture
it's her idea of being free
I know what it takes before she will
come upstairs and snuggle up with me

W12okt2019
2019 - 284.9

Hope you like it!
Kind regards, Gus
Title: Re: Sha la la mixture
Post by: LePlongeur on November 30, 2019, 08:22:26
Hope you like it!
Kind regards, Gus

Oh, OK, but I like it anyway.
I thank the people who took the time to listen.
Kind regards, Gus
Post by: Mo on November 30, 2019, 10:17:41
I love it Gus! ;D
And thats for many reasons:
I like how you choosed the words in the way that its easy to understand, for every body, You don't try to encrypt or use difficult metaphers. You face the facts and go for it. That does me more easy to  be more with the performed  sound of music.
Your sense of humour mixed with  good portion of spicey cynism is georgous.  Bitter sweet..... sweetness i don't need to explain and bitterr because it swings also a light sadness/ regrettness about 'old times' within as  it verses are a chain of memories.
 Well the sound itself despite of that holds the story  for me in the present time. I think you are still at that shalala party at advanced hours and you grab your guitarr and sing it with all the guests that still are able to sing....
lol - if this makes sense. Hope i didn't bothere you, its what came in my mind... it was meaned in a good way... anyway.
Post by: oorlab on November 30, 2019, 11:08:52
@LePlongeur  - cool fat sound, Claw Boys Claw and Trockner Kecks come to mind. As for the lyrics made me think of Pulp's "Ordinary people".
Did you write the lyrics first? Are you going to play this live?

good luck with this new song!
Post by: Bill from November Sound on November 30, 2019, 14:15:13
Well @LePlongeur  . the content of this, well   maybe some metaphor could be good. I mean it's kind of not safe for work ya know?  :nopompom:

But, the music is 100% Gus! Therefore I like it! Oh wait you can't "like" songs on Soundclick, oh well. I'm telling you I like it so that'll have to work! The music and the singing - yes  The lyrics - well let's just say some go against my Puritanical New England roots. But, I'm working on it.  :)

Good show!
-11 ::Note::
Post by: Dutchbeat on November 30, 2019, 16:25:03
sounds good @LePlongeur  :thumbsup: , nice bass and guitar sound... with... somewhat obscure lyrics  ::) ::) ::) ::)

a typical Plongeur classic!  8) 8) 8) 8)
Post by: Mora Amaro La Loba on December 01, 2019, 13:25:17
Hola @LePlongeur

I liked it, you know I like your lyrics, they have the sense of describing so much things, most of them very caricaturesque... but so real...
sha la la !!!
Post by: LePlongeur on December 01, 2019, 19:17:38
I love it Gus! ;D
And thats for many reasons:
I like how you choosed the words in the way that its easy to understand, for every body, You don't try to encrypt or use difficult metaphers. You face the facts and go for it. That does me more easy to  be more with the performed  sound of music.
Your sense of humour mixed with  good portion of spicey cynism is georgous.  Bitter sweet..... sweetness i don't need to explain and bitterr because it swings also a light sadness/ regrettness about 'old times' within as  it verses are a chain of memories.
 Well the sound itself despite of that holds the story  for me in the present time. I think you are still at that shalala party at advanced hours and you grab your guitarr and sing it with all the guests that still are able to sing....
lol - if this makes sense. Hope i didn't bothere you, its what came in my mind... it was meaned in a good way... anyway.

Thank you so much, @Mo !!!
You have no idea how great a compliment you just gave me.
Even when I was a (part time) teacher, I did my very very best to use a language that was easily accessible. And yes, all this behavior aimed to impress has always been a horror to me.

The rest is also very pleasant, whats not to like about your post. I could not possibly have a better start of the week.
Thank you very much!
Kind regards, Gus
Post by: LePlongeur on December 01, 2019, 19:24:37
@LePlongeur  - cool fat sound, Claw Boys Claw and Trockner Kecks come to mind. As for the lyrics made me think of Pulp's "Ordinary people".
Did you write the lyrics first? Are you going to play this live?

good luck with this new song!

@oorlab
Thank you for your post!

You name people that I like having as an example!
Do I still gig? No the stage belongs to the young and reckless. Even during the open mic evenings in DE Koe (musicians cafe in Amsterdam) I dont gig anymore.

I love watching how others gig though. Time for me to check out ordinary people.

Thanks for your listen en time.
Kind regards, Gus
Post by: LePlongeur on December 01, 2019, 19:47:26
Well @LePlongeur  . the content of this, well   maybe some metaphor could be good. I mean it's kind of not safe for work ya know?  :nopompom:

But, the music is 100% Gus! Therefore I like it! Oh wait you can't "like" songs on Soundclick, oh well. I'm telling you I like it so that'll have to work! The music and the singing - yes  The lyrics - well let's just say some go against my Puritanical New England roots. But, I'm working on it.  :)

Good show!
-11 ::Note::

Well @Bill from November Sound, I hate to disappoint you. These are my metaphors.
In the beautiful history of American music, theres a gem of a song called: tell it like it is.
When Americans have an example like this, I wonder a bit how come you say it but dont do it.

And yes, I know Anglo Saxons and Spanish people are (as a rule) reluctant to lash out. Or (like The Fugs) make me blush.

I like it that you brave it out, so to speak.
Thank you very much for that.

Yes, I almost forgot. Can you please tell me what minus 11 means?
Kind regards, Gus
Post by: Bill from November Sound on December 01, 2019, 21:17:57
Ha, ha @LePlongeur     -11 ::Note::      is my signature for November Sound  ..  :)    you see? 11th month and then music notes  :shinyteeth:
Post by: Leonard Scaper on December 02, 2019, 22:44:10
Wow....how did I miss this?

First, I love your signature instrumental heaviness with guitar and bass. It works very well in this tune. Second, you have such a distinctive lyrical perspective on all things pertaining to life and love.

I'll sing this with you and @Mo at that party.
Post by: Jurgen on December 02, 2019, 22:56:14
Great song @LePlongeur - it has a really nice groove with a laid back feel.

You've captured a live sound with this recording and it feels real and vibrant because of it. Lots of layers and instruments but it doesn't have a  sterile studio sound.

cheers

Post by: LePlongeur on December 03, 2019, 09:23:19
sounds good @LePlongeur  :thumbsup: , nice bass and guitar sound... with... somewhat obscure lyrics  ::) ::) ::) ::)

a typical Plongeur classic!  8) 8) 8) 8)

Thank you @Dutchbeat !
Somewhat obscure lyrics! Even in NL I am not exactly the middle of the road, so I take that as a compliment.
Thanks for your listen and comment.
Kind regards, Gus
Post by: LePlongeur on December 03, 2019, 09:27:52
Hola @LePlongeur

I liked it, you know I like your lyrics, they have the sense of describing so much things, most of them very caricaturesque... but so real...
sha la la !!!

Love your comment, and above all I love the word 'caricaturesque'.  That may or may not be true.  That's exactly the crux of the writing.
I love your music (and your hubby's) so your comment means a lot.
Kind regards, Gus
Post by: LePlongeur on December 03, 2019, 09:31:17
Wow....how did I miss this?

First, I love your signature instrumental heaviness with guitar and bass. It works very well in this tune. Second, you have such a distinctive lyrical perspective on all things pertaining to life and love.

I'll sing this with you and @Mo at that party.

We'll sing together? Look, Tht's the spirir. I hope we can lure @Bill from November Sound  away from his piano and sing along too. We should never be afraid of stories. Unless they are murder stories of course.
Thank you very much for your time and comments.
Kind regards, Gus
Post by: Chris Spruit on December 06, 2019, 12:56:33
Gus my friend,
first I thought, is that f...hurricane Katrina ??? 
and already got in attention, but no it is another great GUS , and man THIS recording is cool, and I am hanging on your lips, how you manage to force the words into this song with an ease. BANG! Hypnotisch, eingrabend yeah, good one
Post by: LePlongeur on December 06, 2019, 19:35:51
Am I happy with your comment @Chris Spruit !!
If I am able to hypnotisch you , I can take on the whole world. But maybe the Kitchen would be a more modest way to start. Lets keep it manageable and keep it small.
Thank you for your boost and time!
Kind regards, Gus