Songwriters in the Kitchen!

Board index => Songs for review => Topic started by: IsleofSkye on November 02, 2019, 21:44:24

Title: All the More(?) - help me tell if this is original
Post by: IsleofSkye on November 02, 2019, 21:44:24
Song Attached at the bottom!

Was just playing around with some chords and have this pop up in my head. Wanted to post and see where I might be stealing ideas from, since this came way too easily.

Been a while since Iíve been on here, but Iím glad to see you guys are still going strong!

Also, ignore my voice, itís really not fit for singing but I needed to get it out somehow.

Title: Re: All the More(?) - help me tell if this is original
Post by: Bill from November Sound on November 03, 2019, 00:30:13
Hey @IsleofSkye  welcome back! I missed you Ö actually I was just watching the video of Will and I doing a jazz cover of your chiptune a couple of nights ago  :) ÖÖ So, anyway, the song sounds original enough to me from what I can hear in this recording.
I'd say keep going.
How far along are you in this one?
Post by: IsleofSkye on November 03, 2019, 00:41:33
@Bill from November Sound Thanks! I've missed being here, just had a lot of life happening! (Good things, just busy things)

Still just amazed by that cover and so flattered that y'all chose my simple little chiptune!

I will keep running with this then! That little video is all I've done to it so far.
Post by: robertkc on November 03, 2019, 01:58:13
@IsleofSkye I wouldn`t worry at all about where your melody came from - its not ringing alarm bells here and its good- keep running with it & I`ll be interested in the song you make from this.

Robert
Post by: oorlab on November 03, 2019, 11:27:15
@IsleofSkye  - sounds good to me, the vibe brings associations of London Town by Wings - but that is just an impression.
Keep it up!