Songwriters in the Kitchen!

Board index => Songs for review => Topic started by: Knate on December 23, 2021, 18:43:41

Title: Different
Post by: Knate on December 23, 2021, 18:43:41
Hi everyone!  Hope you are all well!

Winter is back and so is my time to write music.  Thought I'd share my latest with you all. 

It's a hard rocking toe tapper, I gotta say.  The original working title was "Weezing Pumpkins", but after I finished the bridge it changed to "Weezing Pumpkin Chains" lol.  Gives you an idea of the ballpark I'm playing in here. 

Anyway, I think I've made a real breakthrough in my use of compression in my mixes and it has made the process so much more efficient and purposeful.  This whole tune came together in about 10 days.  Tracked and mixed the vocals last night and I am super happy with with them. 

I'd love to hear any thoughts you might have on this

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/pMqQb

Title: Re: Different
Post by: Mora Amaro La Loba on December 23, 2021, 21:31:46
Jola @Different

I think it's a great song, I really like the strength it has, the changes, the second verse is great, and the backing vocals as well as the guitars, good mix, good sound and good voice. I loved it

Merry Christmas! y esas cosas

Mora
Post by: Knate on December 23, 2021, 22:18:27
Jola @Different

I think it's a great song, I really like the strength it has, the changes, the second verse is great, and the backing vocals as well as the guitars, good mix, good sound and good voice. I loved it

Merry Christmas! y esas cosas

Mora

Thank you!  Merry Christmas!
Post by: Leonard Scaper on December 27, 2021, 00:01:20
Very strong tune! Great guitars and excellent mix!
Post by: LePlongeur on December 27, 2021, 07:11:16
One of the good things about songs for review is that I get to listen to music I would normally not care to listen to.
And normally I would have missed this one.

Not much of a review I guess, but what do I know of this kind of music?

I like it though.
Kind regards, Gus
Post by: Knate on December 27, 2021, 20:23:12
Thank you, @Leonard Scaper !  Glad to see you!  Hope you are doing well!

@LePlongeur Well, it is my belief that any style of music comes down to melody, harmony, and beat.  So if you find those things favorable in a song, then I believe we can enjoy any kind of music and perhaps even find something that opens us up to new appreciations!  I appreciate your attention and willingness to listen!  Thank you!
Post by: DavidHutton on January 05, 2022, 12:40:24
Excellent.  Really like the mix, vocals and love the guitars.
Post by: GaryHynes on January 17, 2022, 22:49:39
@Knate Hey. I wasn't able to access the song through the link, but found it through the links in your sig. This sounds excellent. Love the crunchy guitars, just heavy enough. Overall a great performance and great voice.
Post by: Knate on January 18, 2022, 01:31:16
Thank you for the kind words, @GaryHynes and @DavidHutton !   I've been wrasslin' with those guitars for some time now.  Really happy with how they are sounding