Songwriters in the Kitchen!

Board index => The kitchen café => Topic started by: MrBouzouki on May 11, 2022, 22:48:21

Title: How The World SOUNDS To Animals
Post by: MrBouzouki on May 11, 2022, 22:48:21
For animal lovers including dog and cat owners this is an amazing YouTube video about how animals hear (and in some cases) see the world.
It's hard to realise that animals have different time perceptions to ourselves but they actually live in different temporal realities to us.

As a species we are full of our own importance and assume everything revolves around our take on the world. Our view of time is relative as a wise scientist once said and our notion of time is a construct to describe our experience of so called reality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gvg242U2YfQ
Title: Re: How The World SOUNDS To Animals
Post by: oorlab on May 24, 2022, 23:35:51
@MrBouzouki  - that is an interesting subject! Also or specially for songwriters. I recently came a cross a headline in the line off: what birds hear in birdssongs, you'd be surprised. I  haven't read that article yet, but you  post now prompted me to search for it but can't find it :-( - ah well, the video you shared is certainly informative and food for thought
Title: Re: How The World SOUNDS To Animals
Post by: Vince on May 25, 2022, 18:08:45
Thanks for sharing @MrBouzouki .   Very interesting insight on how we're viewed by other animals.