Songwriters in the Kitchen!

Board index => Other Arts => Topic started by: MrBouzouki on May 11, 2022, 23:04:48

Title: New Cover Art and QR Codes idea
Post by: MrBouzouki on May 11, 2022, 23:04:48
I've been busy with stuff of late but I finally found time today to design a bit of cover art today for my upcoming orchestral 4 track EP 'The Wheel Turns' that should hopefully be up on Spotify et al in the fullness of time.  I decided to go down the Repost by SoundCloud route as a way of getting some official releases our finally. I did sign up to PPL in the UK (it's free) to get my own ISRC registrant code.

I've been musing if it would be possible to use a QR code to access online sleeve notes as part of the design. The trouble with digital distribution is you miss out on all that stuff.

If you use somebody like QR-creator you can create one and it does appear to work to take you to a hosted webpage. For things like Bandcamp you could put it on the cover art itself I guess but I wondered about putting up some graphics on my Spotify feed as a way of linking to some hosted sleeve notes. 

https://qr-creator.com/url.php

www.pgmain.co.uk/kitchen/2500by2500_The_Wheel_Turns_artboard.png
Title: Re: New Cover Art and QR Codes idea
Post by: LePlongeur on May 12, 2022, 13:50:40
If only I could help you. Really, youíre hundreds and hundreds of yards ahead of me.
Does wishing you luck help any? And the promise to buy one once you hit (#1 hit) the market?
If so, Iíll do both.
Kind regards, Gus
Post by: Bill on May 14, 2022, 04:56:59
You're doing great @MrBouzouki  :thumbsup:
Post by: MrBouzouki on May 16, 2022, 21:27:23
I've been doing a bit of animation today

https://www.pgmain.co.uk/twt/New_Wheel.mp4
Post by: LePlongeur on May 18, 2022, 18:25:33
Yes yes yes, took me by surprise @MrBouzouki
Lovely in its simplicity!
Iím sort of ÖÖ.. with envy ifyou pull this off.
Youíve  got a way to keep me on my toes, donít you?

Plus youíve got a way to separate the nerdyness from the Hubble bubble toil and trouble (Manfred Mannís 2nd single). You just keep it simple and lovely!

In case you wonder: forget it all; itís meant as a compliment.
Keep on keepiní on!
Thereís a great piece of work on the way!
Kind regards, Gus