• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
  • "Let the Creators Create" :-)

• December 02, 2020, 00:14:09
    • Sheffield, UK
  • more
... and a nightingale sang
on: September 01, 2020, 20:04:35
Some of you might remember Nic Evennett who used to be a member on here. She has just released her latest album on Bandcamp. Listen to the quality of these tracks, then if you are able, give her some reward and purchase her music (you can name your price).

She's been bobbing around BBC 6 introducing for a while and it would be nice to give her something back for all the effort.

As I alluded to ... a true nightingale

https://nicevennett.bandcamp.com/album/waiting-for-the-leaves
"Love and Life is all about connections"

• LePlongeur
  • Executive Chef
  • In Tartiflette we trust

• Today at 19:12:27
    • Greater Amsterdam
  • more
Re: ... and a nightingale sang
Reply #1 on: September 01, 2020, 20:15:31
“A Nightingale Sang in Berkeley Square".
Thank you @MrBouzouki , for posting.
I Will certainly check her efforts.
What a very nice thought that you bring her to the fore.
Kind regards, Gus

Reply #2 on: September 04, 2020, 18:12:40
@MrBouzouki   I do try to support her by listening, I really can't be supporting anyone financially .

I do miss her on the forum along with some other people. Sometimes it seems people just come share some music and leave for whatever reason (to busy, not enough comments,  no one gets a bad review, although some insist on brutal honesty)

You don't necessarily need to share music or reviews all the time - I've grown quite fond of the members here.
Vince

Reply #3 on: September 05, 2020, 03:33:14
@MrBouzouki   I do try to support her by listening, I really can't be supporting anyone financially .

I do miss her on the forum along with some other people. Sometimes it seems people just come share some music and leave for whatever reason (to busy, not enough comments,  no one gets a bad review, although some insist on brutal honesty)

You don't necessarily need to share music or reviews all the time - I've grown quite fond of the members here.

This seems pretty accurate.
There are quite a few former members out there. Some are still making music and others are not.
Some even come back.
I do think it is weird when they delete every single post and every bit of evidence that they were here.
I mean.... Twenty One Pilots they are far more succesful and you can still find their earliest releases on youtube. They didn't delete everything they ever did. IDK
Maybe some manager says , "hey look if you're gonna hang with me you gotta delete everything form your SoundCloud and those silly songwriter forums"  >:D
I've seen this when a soundcloud friend got signed. Well, now that didn't work out and their songs with thousands of plays now have tens of plays because they started over again. The thousands of followers all gone.   :-\   

Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

November Sound is based on the Mother, Father & Son musical trio of Melissa, Bill & Will. I'm the father so anything I post will have my wife singing and/or my son playing percussion.