• Sous Chef
  • "Let the Creators Create" :-)

• Today at 20:49:00
    • Sheffield, UK
  • more
A Brand New Tool
on: September 21, 2019, 13:00:30
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 13:03:55 by MrBouzouki »
Being a 'leftie' it's not often I buy a new guitar. The last one was in 1982 and I had to get it custom-made. As a minority we have it hard, from both manufactures and retailers. My battered old acoustic is even older, circa 78/79.

For a while I've been looking for an electro-acoustic, a practical workhorse tool and after a fair bit of running around and false starts, I've finally got one.

It's a Yamaha APX700IIL and I'm very pleased with it. It doesn't have the sonority of my old dreadnought but it's going to be a great intermediate guitar and modern touches like an inbuilt chromatic tuner (accurate to 3 cents) and a Yamaha System-64 pickup system is a bonus.

As always, being a leftie, it was only available in a natural finish and I had to pay a bit more. Luckily for me I like the natural look.
"Love and Life is all about connections"

• MrBouzouki
  • Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
  • "Let the Creators Create" :-)

• Today at 20:49:00
    • Sheffield, UK
  • more
Re: A Brand New Tool
Reply #1 on: September 21, 2019, 13:05:57
The EQ is quite interesting with the adjustable centre frequency for the mids.
 If you play a chord and rapidly move it up and down you can create a wah effect with it as the envelope moves  ... LOL

Reply #2 on: September 22, 2019, 15:10:01
Being a non-guitar player and a non-lefty I've always been fascinated by this. They don't make left handed trumpets. They don't make left handed tubas. They don't make left handed saxophones. They don't make left handed clarinets. They don't make left handed pianos. Etc.
But.... they make left handed guitars!  ???
So does the world revolve around those who are right handed?
Or, does the world revolve around those who play guitar?
 :) 
Anyway, congratulations on your new guitar @MrBouzouki !!! I think you'll very happy with it! Especially when you plug it in. (Melissa got a small version of that  .... tiny guitar doesn't make a lot of sound acoustically ....but  man ... plug it in and it sounds smooth!) Those Yamaha electronics are something else.
Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

November Sound is based on the Mother, Father & Son musical trio of Melissa, Bill & Will. I'm the father so anything I post will have my wife singing and/or my son playing percussion.

Reply #3 on: September 23, 2019, 00:34:47
" (Melissa got a small version of that  .... tiny guitar doesn't make a lot of sound acoustically ....but  man ... plug it in and it sounds smooth!) Those Yamaha electronics are something else."  @Bill from November Sound    I've got that small Yamaha travel guitar and your totally correct when you plug it in it can keep up with the big boys. I've put travel stickers on mine  ::) 

i left it with my wife's family in Germany so I have something to play when I'm there.  I bought a beginning lesson book with CD, so maybe one of the kids may get the bug,

@MrBouzouki  A few lefties on YouTube "The Middle Kids" guitar player and Courtney Barnett (both Australian) they look like they're playing their guitar upside down.  Congrats on your new ax.

Vince

xx
Tool - Sober cover

Started by Kristijonas on Live performances

8 Replies
Last post January 21, 2019, 07:39:19
by LePlongeur
xx
Chord Pattern tool (Hook Theory website)

Started by MrBouzouki on Songwriting Ingredients

4 Replies
Last post September 27, 2017, 09:28:03
by TrevorGilligan
xx
The Brand New Cabaret Thread

Started by LePlongeur on The kitchen café

3 Replies
Last post January 20, 2019, 20:46:51
by LePlongeur
clip
A tool to look inside your music or any music or sound