• Anyone watching the Winter Olympics?
  • Started by Bill from November Sound
Anyone watching the Winter Olympics?
on: February 14, 2018, 04:13:44
Is anyone watching the Winter Olympics?

I don't know the first thing about any of the sports but I like watching the snowboarding.  :)

Once you start watching this television programming can really interfere with your songwriting.  ;)
Bill
Songwriter, Keyboards, Arranger, Producer & Engineer for November Sound

November Sound is based on the Mother, Father & Son musical trio of Melissa, Bill & Will. I'm the father so anything I post will have my wife singing and/or my son playing percussion.

• Dakoda
  • Poissonier
  • full of 80s angst

• Yesterday at 10:18:07
    • London
    • https://soundcloud.com/dakoda-sada
  • more
Re: Anyone watching the Winter Olympics?
Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 09:40:09
Is anyone watching the Winter Olympics?

I don't know the first thing about any of the sports but I like watching the snowboarding.  :)

Once you start watching this television programming can really interfere with your songwriting.  ;)

Bill you can justify it by telling yourself it's just research for your upcoming "extremely positive comp entry" about snowboarding ! :)
  something like "snowboard of life" or  "life is like a snowboard, you just have to hold on tight"  haha!  ;)
Dakoda

I prefer poisoner to fish chef...

• Leonard Scaper
  • Global Moderator
  • Executive Chef
  • Guest Chef

• Yesterday at 17:37:31
    • Terra Firma
  • more
Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 12:33:18
All I know is that over the weekend I saw a front side Miller 540 followed by a front double 10 out of a side hit into a backside triple cork.....and it was good for the GOLD.
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

"In a world of robotic conformity, the only originality left in music is the imperfections" Eric Craptone

"Special thanks to Steve Gleason for making me who I am today." Leonard Scaper

Lenny's Tunes: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=540680

https://soundcloud.com/vincentgleason

• MichaelA
  • Chef de Partie
  • Songwriting Addict

• August 31, 2019, 23:25:43
    • Somewhere near Liverpool, UK
    • HTTPS//:soundcloud.com/Michael-a-duffy
  • more
Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 13:41:22
Our Brit speed skater girl keeps falling over and then crying. She crashed into a whole load of people last Olympics and wiped them out. She cried then too. But Brits love a tale of overcoming adversity - so she is racing again on Saturday and if she wins she will become a National Treasure. Then Hollywood will make a film about her and make all the money. Just hope the film is as good as 'Cool Runnings' though, the Jamaican Bobsled Team movie, always guaranteed to inspire, great feel-good movie. But Hollywood prob kept all the money for that too!  ;D
If you like novels with a musical theme, why not try 'Sixth Beatle - When Music Changed The World', easily found on Amazon and Google. It is amazing, although as the author I may be biased!

Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 14:06:24
I've been watching - except yesterday (Tuesday) my I dropped my wife off at the airport (she's going to Boston on Biz) so I recorded while I could.

Sometimes I'll go with her, but not to Florida in the winter.

• Dutchbeat
  • MADministrator
  • Michelin Starred Chef
  • If you can stand the Beat, get into the Kitchen!

• Yesterday at 22:35:13
  • more
Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 14:14:10
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D how nice of you @Bill from November Sound to bring this up......team Orange is doing extremely well.....especially on the speed skating

it is hard to watch it live though, because it is all during office time  >:( >:( >:( >:(
me, myself, and Pie

Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 22:37:42
All I know is that over the weekend I saw a front side Miller 540 followed by a front double 10 out of a side hit into a backside triple cork.....and it was good for the GOLD.

Huh @Leonard Scaper???  Were we at the same bar this last weekend?  ;)

• Leonard Scaper
  • Global Moderator
  • Executive Chef
  • Guest Chef

• Yesterday at 17:37:31
    • Terra Firma
  • more
Reply #7 on: February 14, 2018, 23:05:21
@Bill from November Sound ....could well be. I was watching from my reserved table at The Restaurant At he End Of The Universe.

Reply #8 on: February 17, 2018, 10:26:14
@Bill from November Sound  - have been keeping an eye on the TV and the Olympics. It looks to me like the Dutch public broadcasters are only putting out the speed skating, and the tone is quite naionalistic. I tuned into a programme that was even bragging about the cameramen being Dutch. For me that is totally silly. I wish there was a way to watch this without the national connotation: no flags, no anthems, just the people doing sports.
But apart from that - it is wonderful to see footage in slow motion with high grade cameras of people doing magical movements. Sure is inspiring for songwriting.
recommending https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_Music_Works "How music works", book by David Byrne.

Reply #9 on: February 17, 2018, 13:22:01
Hey that's a good point @oorlab . I guess every country kind of shows the sports that they want their audience to see. We rarely ever get to see biathlon or curling around here.
But, I suppose so much is happening that they couldn't show it all. 

xx
the Dutch...yes, let's talk about the winter olympics!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by Dutchbeat on The kitchen café

6 Replies
Last post February 15, 2014, 20:57:39
by Wicked Deeds
xx
Watching Your Face

Started by BLACK MIRROR on Songs for review

26 Replies
Last post May 30, 2018, 22:47:46
by BLACK MIRROR
xx
They Will Be Watching Over Us - TDM